• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS' Robbie Bach: 'PSP is a beautiful device, great industrial design.'

Borys

Banned
Sony and Microsoft are set to launch the next era of their battle to dominate the $10 billion video game industry when they introduce new versions of their game machines next month at the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Nintenwho?

:(

Release The Hounds!

Rottweiler_Puppies_Females.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Elios83

OMG Microsoft hopes PSP won't help PS3 and is already doing damage control,OMG OMG :lol :lol :D

Joking apart actually Sony will push the interaction between PS3 and PSP a lot,Nintendo had the possibility to do that but failed with GC and GBA.Now MS is the only one without a portable console.

Mihail

Banned
soundwave05 said:
NINTENDOGS!

I actually like Nintendo being completely under the radar in the next gen.
Heh, I was thinking the same thing. It's better to have to reputation and a clean start rather than the bad one they enjoyed this generation.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
soundwave05 said:
I actually like Nintendo being completely under the radar in the next gen.

Yeah, it gives them an opportunity to suprise at E3, and I think they will.

Elios83 said:
OMG Microsoft hopes PSP won't help PS3 and is already doing damage control,OMG OMG :lol :lol :D

Joking apart actually Sony will push the interaction between PS3 and PSP a lot,Nintendo had the possibility to do that but failed with GC and GBA.Now MS is the only one without a portable console.

The connection between the PSP & the PS3 will NOT be a factor. I expect it to go over only slightly better than Nintendo's effort of connectivity.

Developers simply can't assume people have both and actually spend signficant time to really make the two of them work together in a meaningful way without alienating the audience that doesn't have both. It just doesn't work well when I buy a piece of software that has a big selling point a component I don't have.

It's exactly why we initially knocked Sony's network adapter, the HDD, and now the Xbox360 having multiple configurations. Developers can't assume you've got all the parts to make it worth the time and energy when the population is splintered.

Iwata's E3 speech:

After you have no doubt witnessed very interesting demonstrations by two other technology companies, you may be asking -- how will NEEEEEENTENDO respond?

The answer is simple. We don't give a f-ck. So f-ck Will Smith and f-ck you too. We'll give you puppies and you'll like it.

Thank you, and good day.

*Miyamoto jumps out of a cake dressed in a Princess Peach outfit*

"I'm not Princess Peach, but I may need your help and Mario's help ... ON THE REVOLUTION!"

*crowd goes crazy*

Razoric

Banned
Elios83 said:

Connectivity is cool now? :lol :lol :lol

DeEJaYMiND said:
Release The Hounds!

Rottweiler_Puppies_Females.jpg

OMG thats SO FUKIN CUUUTEEEE

I love dogs btw... I just had a failed attempt to get a German Shephard. I actually bought it and when I took it home my mom freaked out, cuz she had a bad experience with my old dog (Dobermann kept him for 8 years lol)...

so had to take it back :( ... I'm getting my GF a cat instead, its much easier to keep than a dog

Drakken

soundwave05 said:

"I'm not Princess Peach, but I may need your help and Mario's help ... ON THE REVOLUTION!"

*crowd goes crazy*

:lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
soundwave05 said:
Iwata's E3 speech:

After you have no doubt witnessed very interesting demonstrations by two other technology companies, you may be asking -- how will NEEEEEENTENDO respond?

The answer is simple. We don't give a f-ck. So f-ck Will Smith and f-ck you too. We'll give you puppies and you'll like it.

Thank you, and good day.

*crowd goes crazy*

I'm having breakfast on Sunset Blvd and laughing out loud alone in my table

Borys

Banned
soundwave05 said:
Iwata's E3 speech:

Thank you, and good day.

*crowd goes crazy*

You are losing it, soundwave05.

Elios83

sonycowboy said:
The connection between the PSP & the PS3 will NOT be a factor. I expect it to go over only slightly better than Nintendo's effort of connectivity.

Developers simply can't assume people have both and actually spend signficant time to really make the two of them work together in a meaningful way without alienating the audience that doesn't have both. It just doesn't work well when I buy a piece of software that has a big selling point a component I don't have.

It's exactly why we initially knocked Sony's network adapter, the HDD, and now the Xbox360 having multiple configurations. Developers can't assume you've got all the parts to make it worth the time and energy when the population is splintered.

It's not about PS3 games that use PSP as a super controller.That could be nice but it's a niche thing.
It's about strenghtening PS3's multimedia capabilities,using PSP capabilities of making portable all the contents the PS3 will provide.Ps3 as content provider for PSP,PSP a PS3 portable extension.All wireless.
Sony will talk about PS3-PSP interaction at their conference with no doubt.

soundwave05 said:
Iwata's E3 speech:

Thank you, and good day.

*crowd goes crazy*

:lol :lol :lol ...and people at work are looking at me... :lol :lol :lol

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
connectivity is a good thing now? Did I miss a memo or something?
Wouldn't it be a good thing that you can stream music and video to PSP from the PS3, or vice versa, through WiFi? Or to both from a PC? Or just swap the memory stick and have the same custom soundtrack/playlist on both? Or see your online opponent's face (through eyetoy) on PSP screen, while you are playing the game against him on a TV? I think that kind of connectivity is definitely something that can give PS3 "advantage in the battle for the living room", much the same way Ipod is giving Itunes the advantage in the computer software space. I think Bach knows it, but doesn't want to admit it.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
soundwave05 said:
Miyamoto jumping out of a cake in a Princess Peach outfit to introduce Mario Revolution = Nintendo E3 victory.

I think you could make a good case for whatever Victory means last year with him swinging a sword.....sure made a big difference in the larger scheme of things.

soundwave05 said:
Iwata's E3 speech:

Thank you, and good day.

*crowd goes crazy*

that made my day!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
soundwave05 said:
Iwata's E3 speech:

Thank you, and good day.

*crowd goes crazy*

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Musashi Wins! said:
I think you could make a good case for whatever Victory means last year with him swinging a sword.....sure made a big difference in the larger scheme of things.

Cake + princess dress > swinging a sword.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
soundwave05 said:
Iwata's E3 speech:

Thank you, and good day.

*crowd goes crazy*

LOL, I would actually pay to see that happen

aoi tsuki

Marconelly said:
Wouldn't it be a good thing that you can stream music and video to PSP from the PS3, or vice versa, through WiFi? Or to both from a PC? Or just swap the memory stick and have the same custom soundtrack/playlist on both? Or see your online opponent's face (through eyetoy) on PSP screen, while you are playing the game against him on a TV? I think that kind of connectivity is definitely something that can give PS3 "advantage in the battle for the living room", much the same way Ipod is giving Itunes the advantage in the computer software space. I think Bach knows it, but doesn't want to admit it.
i was thinking the same thing. There's also the chance of persistant characters between both the PSP and PS2 or PS3, or PSP demos via the PS2 in OPM, for instance. i think the biggest hurdle with the GBA connectivity was the GBA itself, which limited just what it could be used for with it's paltry RAM and lack of non-volatile storage.

Hasn't there been some announcement or heavily rumored bit that the Xbox 360 would connect to some MP3 players? i don't expect Microsoft to pass on the opportunity to have official connectivity options between Xbox 360 and portable media players, MP3 players, or maybe even Pocket PCs. Pushing such connectivity, even if for nothing more than synching music with "Plays For Sure" MP3 players seems like a nobrainer.

Top Bottom