• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MS Survey - Tell us how you feel about the PS4.

Xav

The Xbox One is basically a slightly worse PlayStation 4. It's going to take some exclusives to make the system stand out and to the average person, Microsoft exclusives boil down to Halo & Forza.

Microsoft will spend the rest of the generation undoing Don Mattrick's fuck ups.

DryvBy

screenshot18fjkw.png

Err... no its not.

That's a slick Windows theme. What is it?

DJKhaled

I was brutally honest with you MS.

Xbox One has a better network and provides a better online experience, and has less network downtime. It also has slightly better media capabilities - Playstation Vue set to combat that.

PS4 is better in every single other regard. Exclusives are better, multiplatforms run better, PS+ is incredible, value for money is better, there are more games, and there are more cool little features.

Edit: Oh and remote play, though I think MS will top that by allowing remote play to all Windows 10 devices. Just a hunch.

i really dunno how people think the ps4 has better games, i mean maybe im just not interested in much that the ps4 has but i own both and i only have 1 game for the ps4 compared to about 20 for the xbone

fedexpeon

Banned
First MS effing up the TLS with their MS-066 update debacle, and now this link from MS is telling me to close the browser for security reason...Funny MS, funny.

Miles, did you give us a spoofed link to get our valuable Neogaf login information to create a massive Astroturf PR company for this site?

/s
/awful joke

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
The Xbox One is basically a slightly worse PlayStation 4. It's going to take some exclusives to make the system stand out and to the average person, Microsoft exclusives boil down to Halo & Forza.

Microsoft will spend the rest of the generation undoing Don Mattrick's fuck ups.
There's also the controller difference and if I could take the survey, I'd at least like to point out that they did one hell of a better job at the controller than Sony (and should always keep the asymmetric sticks).

Melchiah

i really dunno how people think the ps4 has better games, i mean maybe im just not interested in much that the ps4 has but i own both and i only have 1 game for the ps4 compared to about 20 for the xbone

Howw many of those 20 are multiplatform titles?

I know microsoft has to do some market research but I feel this kind of thing is exactly what got them in the problems they found themselves in last year.

I have no doubt that somewhere in a boardroom in redmond there was a presentation based on a survey just like this one that stated unequivocally that people were both ready and were excited for the idea of a always online console, where the disc was only a carrier of data and not a product in itself.

The problem is, most people dont fill out surveys with truthful answers, they just fill out whatever random answer they feel like at that moment. This kind of research on its own is fundamentally flawed.

Alx

I know microsoft has to do some market research but I feel this kind of thing is exactly what got them in the problems they found themselves in last year.

I have no doubt that somewhere in a boardroom in redmond there was a presentation based on a survey just like this one that stated unequivocally that people were both ready and were excited for the idea of a always online console, where the disc was only a carrier of data and not a product in itself.

The problem is, most people dont fill out surveys with truthful answers, they just fill out whatever random answer they feel like at that moment. This kind of research on its own is fundamentally flawed.

I suppose people doing surveys know all about the flaws and bias of such data (or so I suppose, since it's their job), it doesn't mean it can't be useful.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I just checked my email, and I received the SO survey, I guess they know when you've played it on the XBO. Interesting survey. I also wonder about the whole "are you Hispanic?" question, weird question.
What's weird about it?

What does "Please close this browser window for security reasons" even mean? What security reasons could there be?
Just general good practice. Stops someone else coming and hitting back back back to see your responses, and / or ensures you're not accidentally leaving yourself signed in to something.

Ushay

I got one today mainly about Sunset Overdrive asking if I would buy a sequel etc.

Yeah I got the same. I basically said I loved the game and wanted a sequel :)

It's strangely satisfying knowing MS wants to understand it's consumers so much this last, it's so odd given their stance at the tail end of last generation, but in a great way.

Fliesen

Imagine the survey had a whole page dedicated to:

Are you black (meaning African, Jamaican, Haitian, etc...)?

those are called "demographics". I don't think it's a "what do you mean - you people?" situation just because they also add ethnicity and age to their results.

if 95% of hispanics don't like a game due to the protagonist being caucasian and all the antagonists keep calling each other "Esé", Microsoft should know that's a bad idea.

maybe they know they're not doing to well among hispanics, which is why they want to single out their results for further analysis.

Conduit

Banned

I have over 40 games for PS4 since launch. 40% are physical copies, rest are digital. Anyway, you have 20 games. How many are multiplat titles?

I didn't play the Sunset Overdrive so I voted to the best of my ability based on incomplete information. I used the Videogamer.com preview to base my voting on.

I didn't watch that preview, but well-respected poster Miles Teg seemed to suggest over and over again that the gameplay is sluggish so, not having played the game, I just went with that.

those are called "demographics". I don't think it's a "what do you mean - you people?" situation just because they also add ethnicity and age to their results.

I have not seen this survey, but there's a difference between asking people to select their ethnicity from a list of options (which is part of many surveys) and having a question that is simply "Are you Hispanic?" (which is not something I've personally ever seen). If this survey has the latter instead of the former like people are saying, it's certainly not the most tactful way to get demographic information.

You really don't know why people have differing opinions?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I had a similar one from Sony a few weeks back, it was all about PSN and XBOX Live. Asking what I like/dislike about both services and what I want to see in the future.

$h@d0w

Thanks for your valuable time, your feedback is already with us. Please close this browser window for security reasons.

I checked my email and had a link too, tried to open it, and said I already had given feedback (I went to the site using Miles link before), so I fire the private mode and try again.... And it works, lol

I was basically only asked about Sunset, no Ps4 questions whatsoever.

Thrakier

Why use only that metric when you can just ask your customers if they would buy a sequel ?

- because "I would buy" and "I bought" are complety different things
- online-surves like these are heavily skewed for several reasons

Sales data is far more reliable.

Ursiform

Banned
If anyone says anything other than "the PS4 is amazing, have/plan to buy," you are doing it wrong.

Also please give high marks for SSO and FH2... please?

BokehKing

Banned
I got one after buying the one recently, told them I ended up not liking their system and selling it to a friend for cheap so she can give it to her son for Christmas. They wanted to know why I liked my ps4 so much, in the open response section I typed

"MS has more exclusives, but being exclusive does not make that item automatically must have, it just means it's not on the other system. The other system has exclusive games that are actually enjoyable to me"

You know the people reading countless answers like that are just console warrioring out at MS HQ in their little cubes

Acorn

They did this last gen too with the monthly Xbox reward surveys. Asked you to name all platforms you own then rate them and explain why for example.

Thanks for your valuable time, your feedback is already with us. Please close this browser window for security reasons.

WTF i didnt even do it!

EDIT: Just read the reason :(

Alx

I got one after buying the one recently, told them I ended up not liking their system and selling it to a friend for cheap so she can give it to her son for Christmas. They wanted to know why I liked my ps4 so much, in the open response section I typed

"MS has more exclusives, but being exclusive does not make that item automatically must have, it just means it's not on the other system. The other system has exclusive games that are actually enjoyable to me"

You know the people reading countless answers like that are just console warrioring out at MS HQ in their little cubes

I doubt the people analyzing the polls even work for MS, they're probably contractors. And your message will only get them to tick the box "prefers competitor's exclusives" (if it is ever read by a human being), don't hope that they'll get any feeling one way or another from your prose.

Top Bottom