• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mueller Expands Probe to Trump Business Transactions

rjinaz

Doesn't he settle majority of the time?

To him publicly he assumes that absolves him of guilt.

That's true too. I'll go back to one of my original points that money protects him.

Money doesn't mean much though as President. He didn't really think this through.

Tommy DJ

Out of curiosity, is there any real expectation that the GOP will act with anything more than written or verbal displays of disappointment if Mueller finds anything or gets fired? I'm just having a hard time seeing the current GOP impeach and remove their own president.

I feel like the Dems need to win big in the midterms for anything meaningful to come from this, but maybe I'm overestimating how shitty and corrupt the GOP is?

They may not do anything but if Trump fires Mueller, it just further solidifies his guilt especially if he goes through half a dozen DoJ staff to get someone willing to do so.

Even if nothing personally happens to Trump and company, it helps derail major GOP legislative agenda and makes sure that Trump is pretty much the GOP's Carter. Its not as if Trump firing Mueller is the end of all of his woes.

Shoeless

At this point, I'm half-way convinced Mueller is simply going to get shot, by a cop, who's body cam was mysteriously turned off, and that it will be found that Mueller threatened the cop, as well as had drugs on his person, which this cop found.

Then the cop will get promoted, and the NRA will find a way to sell more guns to white people while restricting gun sales to other ethnic groups on the grounds of "finally agreeing with the government that more gun control laws should be put into place for the safety of Americans."

Xe4

Banned
Out of curiosity, is there any real expectation that the GOP will act with anything more than written or verbal displays of disappointment if Mueller finds anything or gets fired? I'm just having a hard time seeing the current GOP impeach and remove their own president.

I feel like the Dems need to win big in the midterms for anything meaningful to come from this, but maybe I'm overestimating how shitty and corrupt the GOP is?

Don't expect them to impeach. However, it wouldn't surprise me for them to simply having him head an independent investigation set up by the Senate. Remember, the whole reason Mueller was appointed in the first place was because Comey was fired. Try as he might, Trump cannot fire his way out of the mess he is in.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They may not do anything but if Trump fires Mueller, it just further solidifies his guilt especially if he goes through half a dozen DoJ staff to get someone willing to do so.

Even if nothing personally happens to Trump and company, it helps derail major GOP legislative agenda and makes sure that Trump is pretty much the GOP's Carter.

That's a good point, and I still kind of wonder if it's a better outcome than Trump actually getting removed. Having an incompetent lame duck getting nothing done could be less terrible than having Pence actually succeed in pushing the GOP agenda.

I do not think anything will come out of it either as party and people do not care it seems. I am afraid that democrats wont win much if at all in 2018 as well.Going by last hyped elections.

Biske

This won't end well for Trump.

Even if some how his campaign was clean (hah) his business transactions have to be an unholy shit show.

shiba5

He's just going to pardon himself:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.4ab174ad6da1

With the Russia investigation continuing to widen, Trump's lawyers are working to corral the probe and question the propriety of the special counsel's work. They are actively compiling a list of Mueller's alleged potential conflicts of interest, which they say could serve as a way to stymie his work, according to several of Trump's legal advisers.

A conflict of interest is one of the possible grounds that can be cited by an attorney general to remove a special counsel from office under Justice Department regulations that set rules for the job.

The president is also irritated by the notion that Mueller's probe could reach into his and his family's finances, advisers said.

Trump has been fuming about the probe in recent weeks as he has been informed about the legal questions that he and his family could face. His primary frustration centers on why allegations that his campaign coordinated with Russia should spread into scrutinizing many years of Trump dealmaking. He has told aides he was especially disturbed after learning Mueller would be able to access several years of his tax returns.

@JTSantucci

Sources tell ABC News that Mark Corallo, spokesperson for Trump legal team working Russia probe had resigned. No word yet from Corallo.

Zolo

He's just going to pardon himself:

Would likely go to court if that's something that he can do.

He has told aides he was especially disturbed after learning Mueller would be able to access several years of his tax returns.

Dude's scared shitless of it being shown he's not as rich as he makes himself out to be.

mcfrank

Rachel Maddow segment on this which just aired was so good. 23 minutes of brilliant explaining the nuance and history of what Muller is looking into.

@JTSantucci

Sources tell ABC News that Mark Corallo, spokesperson for Trump legal team working Russia probe had resigned. No word yet from Corallo.

Hmmm.... maybe its because the shift of strategy towards tearing Mueller down?

Politico said:
So far, Corallo’s message has diverged from that of many Trump allies who have criticized Mueller in an effort to undermine his investigation. Corallo praised the former FBI director for his honor and integrity just two days before he became Kasowitz’s spokesman, saying specifically that Mueller’s investigation would not expand beyond his original portfolio.

“If he finds nothing, he will stand up there and say there is nothing,” Corallo said. “This is not a guy who wants mission creep.”

“I don’t know if there is a finer human being than Bob Mueller,” he said, describing him as “the brother you want — the dad you want — he’s the guy you want your daughter to marry.”

He added in a later interview: “You’ll never hear me say a bad thing about Bob Mueller.”

Politico: Meet the man managing Trump’s biggest crisis yet (6/18/2017)

Dems can run on it during the midterms. People *will* get tired eventually.

TarNaru33

Banned
I can already see the scene that looks like this:

ce56d86e44f653b88497867e6383dfaa.jpg

The seasoned hard nosed investigative journalist who is slaving through the night on multiple cups of coffee, chain smoking cigarettes, his wife has left him and he feels the Pulitzer is within arms reach and then:

uw3EDeW.png

Lol that is hilarious and I also feel bad.

Top Bottom