• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Multiple independent sources reporting FFVII remake for PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people on NeoGAF, right now, who think Shenmue III, Final Fantasy VII remake, and The Last Guardian will all be at Sony's conference.
happy-ending.gif

woopWOOP

Wait, they didn't remake Final Fantasy V or VI yet, did they?? They can't just skip ahead to number VII like that!

No, those iOS ports don't count! I'm not listening lalalalala

...Damnit I'm getting actually slowly getting hyped for this. Here's hoping they don't go crazy with adding extra content (or cutting out/severly censoring the honeybee inn part).

A-V-B

what do you mean then? making FFVII from PS1 polys to AC models is absolutely what i want... the charm comes from the story, and characters not the graphics.

And you can play Mozart with vuvuzelas but that doesn't mean it carries the same appeal.

4002657.png

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
When you put it like that...

:(

When he or she puts it like that? The hell? LOL someone has photoshopped logos for those three games on book covers and made a banner with them, too.

The past few E3s and the recent PSX were all great because of the disappointments. Games don't make these conferences anymore, disappointment does.

Now, I'd like to be totally wrong in not expecting a single one of these announcements, but should I be right I can still find enjoyment in the conference once I come back to this forum and read the reactions.

Turin

Banned
That would require a completely different style than FF7++ has had. Going for the Advent Children look will doom it from the start because that style is charmless.

I'd rather they either need to go full realistic or some kind of cell shade.

What I mean by full realistic is the characters actually have humanoid facial and body features(they'd have to calm Clouds hair down even more). I think it could be done while maintaining the spirit of the characters.

I'm just tired of the half-anime thing we've seen in AC, XIII and now FFXV.

Why would Square Enix let another developer make it? I guess cause their plate is already full with games?

what if CC2 is helping out like Hexadrive with FFXV

an FF7 Remake would need a huge team, and currently SE has many big projects that needs their own staff (FFXIV, FF15, KH3, FF16)

Pachimari

It is 2:25 here and I just went to lie down in my bed with my head on my pillow. Hopefully I don't fall asleep.

The Sony conference is what I have been looking forward to. I'm just getting sleepy.

There are people on NeoGAF, right now, who think Shenmue III, Final Fantasy VII remake, and The Last Guardian will all be at Sony's conference.

Shenmue III won't show. TLG might show at Sony (leaning 55% sure). FF7 would be at SE's conference (70% sure after everything)

Biker19

Banned
Wait, they didn't remake Final Fantasy V or VI yet, did they?? They can't just skip ahead to number VII like that!

No, those iOS ports don't count! I'm not listening lalalalala

...Damnit I'm getting actually slowly getting hyped for this. Here's hoping they don't go crazy with adding extra content (or cutting out/severly censoring the honeybee inn part).

Because VII is one of the most popular FF games ever & one which definitely needs a remake in which the game has aged badly?

KiraXD

And you can play Mozart with vuvuzelas but that doesn't mean it carries the same appeal.

4002657.png

lol thats the worst comparison ever....

Its not like that at all...

in fact its the exact opposite... its like Mozart was originally composed with vuvuzelas, and its now being composed with a full orchestra...

PS1 graphics being upgraded to Advent Children models is what people were hoping for.... if you want PS1 graphics... play the HD version... OBVIOUSLY a REMAKE isnt for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom