• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mum on trial over son's rape in jail visiting room [horrifying news warning]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

French mother in prison child rape gets 20-yrs

STRASBOURG (FRANCE) (AFP) – A French mother who held down her four-year-old son while he was raped by his stepfather in a prison visiting room was sentenced to a maximum 20 years in jail.

Her partner, 31-year-old Lionel Barthelemy, who has been jailed since August 2009 for violence, also received the same sentence from the court in Strasbourg, eastern France.

"The behaviour of Sabrina B. is not even that of an animal towards its child," said prosecutor Gilles Delorme, who also described Barthelemy as "a sadist in the purest form".

Yannick Pheulpin, the lawyer representing the victim, said he intended, at the end of the trial, to initiate legal proceedings aimed at holding the prison to account for the suffering of the child.

Psychiatrist Jean-Pierre May told the court that the couple had a "sado-masochist relationship" in which each took turns to be "master" and "slave".

"It is hard to determine who used the other more" during the savage acts carried out on the boy, said another expert, Jean-Georges Rohmer.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/09/25/french-mother-in-prison-child-rape-gets-20-yrs

What the fuck. Would a prison sentence even be an appropriate punishment at this point? Humanity always seems to find new ways to suck.

Mum on trial over son's rape in jail visiting room

A French mother went on trial on Monday, charged with holding down her four-year-old son while his stepfather raped him repeatedly in a prison visiting room. The couple are accused of having covered the room's windows with bin bags to obstruct the view of guards.

In a case which could lead to the prison itself also facing legal action, Sabrina Bonner, 25, and the step-father, her partner Lionel Barthelemy, 31, are charged with multiple sexual assaults on the boy, who is now eight and in the care of social services.

Barthelemy admits raping the child in the visiting room at the Toul detention centre in eastern France in February 2010, but claims it was an isolated act initiated by Bonner.

She claims the prison incident and other rapes which she filmed were carried out under orders and the threat of violence from her partner, who allegedly listened to one assault from his prison cell on his mobile phone.

The trial, which is due to run for three days, will shed light on why prison staff failed to stop, or even notice, an act of such brutality taking place during what was supposed to be a supervised visit to a prisoner serving a sentence for domestic violence who had been diagnosed as having schizophrenic tendencies.

Prosecutors have indicated they will present evidence that black bin bags were used to cover the glass window of the door to the room in which the visit took place and that, as in other French prisons, this was standard practice to allow prisoners privacy with their partners during visits.

Yannick Pheulpin, the advocate representing the little boy, said he intended, at the end of the trial, to initiate legal proceedings aimed at holding the prison to account for the suffering of the child.

The prosecution alleges that Bonner blindfolded her son and made him kneel on a chair in front of Barthelemy, then held him by the arms as he was raped.

"Mrs Bonner made herself an accomplice to the crime by bringing her son to the visiting room twice on the same day: once in the morning when a first rape took place and a second time in the afternoon, knowing perfectly well that it was going to happen again," Pheulpin said.

Bonner has admitted carrying out multiple sexual assaults on her child during 2009 and 2010, filming them on her mobile phone and giving the phone's memory card to her imprisoned partner.

She gave herself up to police in May 2011, shortly before Barthelemy was due to be released from prison.

"She will not try to minimise her responsibility," her lawyer, Dominique Bergmann, said.

Bonner and Barthelemy face maximum prison terms of 20 years if convicted as charged.

This isn't the only scandal to have hit French prisons in recent years.

Back in February 2012, the director of a women's prison west of Paris was himself sent to jail for having an affair with one of the inmates, including having sex with her repeatedly in an IT room.

During the spring, it took authorities six weeks to track down and capture Redoine Faid, a notorious French gangster who made a daring escape from jail, taking four prison guards hostage along the way.

In June, a judge took the rare step of ordering the release of a prisoner near Paris, due to the shocking condition of his cell. A hole in the ceiling left him cold and wet as wind and rain blew into the tiny living quarters.

There was widespread anger and embarrassment in August, when a legal technicality caused a French judge to pave the way for hundreds of convicted criminals to walk free from French prisons.
Source: http://www.thelocal.fr/20130923/mum-on-trial-for-aiding-rape-of-boy-in-jail-visiting-room

Ephemeris

What the.

The act alone gives me a headache. But right there, in a prison visiting room?

What the fuck man.

I was nowhere near being mentally prepared to read this thread.

I have so many questions, but I honestly don't think I want any answers.

What the fuck man.

Palmer_v1

The sheer fucking audacity. I can't even comprehend how peple could be this vile.

You haven't heard much about French jails, have you?

imgthe%20man%20in%20the%20iron%20mask4.jpg

DJ_Lae

I don't know what I expected given the title of the thread, but it certainly wasn't this.

What the fuck.

There are no words.

I was nowhere near being mentally prepared to read this thread.

I have so many questions, but I honestly don't think I want any answers.

What the fuck man.

One comment complaint from prisoners is that they feel sexual frustration. If the guy's own wife is visiting him, how twisted do you have to be not to fuck her and rape your child instead (assuming it's all about frustration)?

They're psychopaths. I have no other explanation.

One comment complaint from prisoners is that they feel sexual frustration. If the guy's own wife is visiting him, how twisted do you have to be not to fuck her and rape your child instead (assuming it's all about frustration)?

They're psychopaths. I have no other explanation.

It wasn't his child; he was the boy's step father. If the allegations of abuse are true (which they most certainly are given he's in jail for domestic violence) I can literally not imagine how terrified you would have to be of someone to carry out all sorts of horrible acts on your own son, just for fear of what might happen if you didn't. How afraid are you of a man who sits rotting in a prison cell, that you abuse your child, film it, and give him the resulting footage.

To be clear: This does NOT excuse the mother. As a parent her first concern should be the well being of her child. Take your kid, pack your shit, leave. Go find some place where this dickbag never finds you. Don't rape your kid and let some demented mother fucker get his jollies off from it.

joe2187

Banned
clicking on the thread title and then reading the actual story are completely opposite of what I originally thought from reading the title.

I knew it wasnt going to be good, but I had no idea how bad it was going to actually be.

Dear lord.

It wasn't his child he was the boy's step father. ; If the allegations of abuse are true (which they most certainly are given he's in jail for domestic violence) I can literally not imagine how terrified you would have to be of someone to carry out all sorts of horrible acts on your own son, just for fear of what might happen if you didn't. How afraid are you of a man who sits rotting in a prison cell, that you abuse your child, film it, and give him the resulting footage.

To be clear: This does NOT excuse the mother. As a parent her first concern should be the well being of her child. Take your kid, pack your shit, leave. Go find some place where this dickbag never finds you. Don't rape your kid and let some demented mother fucker get his jollies off from it.

My mistake. Not that it changes the fact you shouldn't fucking touch children.

Or an incredibly weak willed victim. Predators do tend to find prey.

Absolutely not! I just meant that he most certainly wouldn't have the (hypothetical) emotional bond of a parent to their own child.

Or a victim and a predator. She lost my sympathy when he goes to prison and she brings her child in to be violated instead of getting the fuck out of dodge.

Saw the title, knew it was you Computer.

I've been looking for an explanation as to why I read and share so many horrific stories and I came up with the conclusion that the more I read, the more I'm relieved by the fact I'm a normal person. That, and a sense of repulsion/attraction for the abyss of human evil (I guess that's why people like crime novels, too).

It's like a car accident. You don't want to look but deep down, you do want to look. I hope you'll understand.

You're trying to have France replacing Florida in the "G/A/F?" meme Computer, you can tell me.

Nah, France can't even remotely compete with Florida.

Absolutely not! I just meant that he most certainly wouldn't have the (hypothetical) emotional bond of a parent to their own child.

Oh, true enough.

I've been looking for an explanation as to why I read and share so many horrific stories and I came up with the conclusion that the more I read, the more I'm relieved by the fact I'm a normal person. That, and a sense of repulsion/attraction for the abyss of human evil (I guess that's why people like crime novels, too).

It's like a car accident. You don't want to look but deep down, you do want to look. I hope you'll understand.

Nah, France can't even remotely compete with Florida.

Does France have Netflix? You'd love Investigation Discovery programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom