• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mum on trial over son's rape in jail visiting room [horrifying news warning]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly surprised there was no guard in the visitation room or where ever this happened. What's to keep an inmate from blocking the door and hurting someone? Or what obviously happened in this case?

Ikael

Life with no parole + castration.

I used to be a big proponent of castration for rapists until I talked with one friend of mine which worked at the police sexual crime unit. It has been proved that once rapists are castrated, they turn from sexual assault into murder, since the venue to "release" their animalistic impulses has been cut.

When asked about what to do about them, he told me that sexual offenders must be constantly monitorized, for theirs is a permanent, genetic, non reversible condition, pretty much like psycopaths. They cannot be rehabilitated, ever. Which makes me question my opposition against death penalty. After reading cases like this, it makes me question my opposition agaisnt death penalty by disembowelment carried on by rats as well.

Zaptruder

Banned
More rage bait for GAF.

Yeah, I get it. Really fucking horrible things happen in this world.

So what would you like us to do about it?

Seanspeed

Banned
More rage bait for GAF.

Yeah, I get it. Really fucking horrible things happen in this world.

So what would you like us to do about it?
Just read it. Its news. When you hear about a terrorist bombing in India, do you really think the news caster is implying you're supposed to do something about it?

If you don't like hearing about awful stuff like this, you are free to avoid it man. The OP even put an explicit warning in the title! ;)

LulaBrasi

When reading threads like this, i am glad that Neogaf users aren't judge, jury and executioner. Yes it is horrible news, but some of you need to cool it.

Just read it. Its news. When you hear about a terrorist bombing in India, do you really think the news caster is implying you're supposed to do something about it?

If you don't like hearing about awful stuff like this, you are free to avoid it man. The OP even put an explicit warning in the title! ;)

Actually, a mod did it. I should have done it to begin with.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
And that's the maximum sentence. It could be less

I'd like to think that if this happened in America we would throw the book at them. It's a shame that the French Courts show so much mercy in their cases.
French law allows for them to be held for up to 30 additional years if they're deemed a risk to the public.

Prax

I used to be a big proponent of castration for rapists until I talked with one friend of mine which worked at the police sexual crime unit. It has been proved that once rapists are castrated, they turn from sexual assault into murder, since the venue to "release" their animalistic impulses has been cut.

When asked about what to do about them, he told me that sexual offenders must be constantly monitorized, for theirs is a permanent, genetic, non reversible condition, pretty much like psycopaths. They cannot be rehabilitated, ever. Which makes me question my opposition against death penalty. After reading cases like this, it makes me question my opposition agaisnt death penalty by disembowelment carried on by rats as well.

I thought maybe the castration would lower the testosterone levels, which would make them less likely for murder-rage? >_> If not, that would make me rethink on wanting castration-for-serial-rapists too.

And sometimes I want criminals that probably cannot be rehabilitated to do something useful for society. So kind of like slave labour or human testing or charity work, but I guess that's unethical, so I guess we can pay them a little bit and have them pick their poison. I dunno. It's hard to figure out how to make justice work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom