• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered: Soul Suspect - 1080/30 on PS4 and X1...

“I can in fact confirm that Murdered will run 1080p on both Xbox One and PS4; we have decided to lock the frames at 30 for this product.”

This is surprising, considering the number of games which have problems hitting 1080p resolution on the Xbox One. Did Airtight face any problems or development challenges with the Xbox One’s eSRAM? Studer replied with, “I’m not an overly technical guy, but I don’t recall hearing about any hurdles on the eSRAM.”

As for additional support for Kinect and DualShock 4, he stated that, “Though we aren’t doing Kinect integration, we are utilizing the PS4 controller in a few fun ways that you’ll have to discover.”

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/murdered-soul...-esram-runs-at-1080p30fps#EQ5683rvlE7gat1s.99

Good news I guess, but not really surprising with it being as last gen game first and foremost...

Unless your game is a fuck huge open world game, there is no reason for crossgen games not to be 1080p/60fps on the current gen consoles.

The lack of kinect integration is perhaps the most surprising news, figured they'd try to shoehorn in some voice commands or gestures at the very least.

RexNovis

Banned
the gap is closing

Lol keep that dream alive dude. Artificially capping the framerate on a game does not mean parity in graphics or effects. Remains to be seen. As far as I know 1080p 30fps was always a possibility for XB1 albeit with generous graphical sacrifices (a-la static lighting and cardboard crowds in Forza). I think it'd be wise to wait for video releases before proclaiming the gap is closing.

During the Xbox One's lifetime I'm sure smart developers will find creative ways around the console's limitations but the power gap with the PS4 will remain. Still, I do expect it to get smaller as time passes.

schuey7

Lol keep that dream alive dude. Artificially capping the framerate on a game does not mean parity in graphics or effects. Remains to be seen. As far as I know 1080p 30fps was always a possibility for XB1 albeit with generous graphical sacrifices (a-la static lighting and cardboard crowds in Forza). I think it'd be wise to wait for video releases before proclaiming the gap is closing.

Well Forza is 1080p 60fps and yes sacrifices were made.I do not think that XB1 will close the gap in any way but both machines should be able to run lastgen games at 1080p.

Deimo5

Isn't it a relatively slow paced detective kind of thing, thought it might be why they would put other things over the frame rate.

Maybe the reason why they didn't have any big problems hitting 1080p on the Xbox One is because this game is also on 360 and PS3 so it's already not really pushing the hardware that much since its a cross gen game?

T.O.P

Banned
Good to hear

Still on the fence and i'll be waiting for the reviews and a DF comparison to see where i'll get it :)

What bugs me these days is that i'll probably end up getting this game for $35'ish at launch on PC but only because the PS4 version is $70 up here in Canada.

Would rather have the action game on my console... but games companies gonna be games companies and charge $70 on one platform vs $50 on another (where discounts are frequent).

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
It's a joke.

Was never going to buy this but I want to know what that DS4 stuff is.

Huh surprised it's 30fps on the new consoles

Although I think the PS4 DS4 extra features but no kinect stuff is odd. Thought that'd be an easy add

SparkTR

um gaf, why does a detective game need to be 60fps?

Every game is better off at 60 (or more), people are just surprised this isn't considering its visuals are not the greatest.

I mean, if SE hard locked this game to 30fps just because it's a 'detective game', I would be pretty pissed off.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I'm growing tired of posters who really know nothing of how graphics work other than that "PS4 more powerful than X1!!!" complaining about shit.

um gaf, why does a detective game need to be 60fps?

I think the point here is that the extra "power" these current consoles have in a cross-gen game, should, by the very least have this feature by default. It's not just a matter of principle, it's an expectation of the power jump from these systems. If they can't run a current-gen game at 60fps, would does it bode for game titles when the cross-gen development is dropped entirely?

Lima

I think the point here is that the extra "power" these current consoles have in a cross-gen game, should, by the very least have this feature by default. It's not a matter of principle, it's an expectation of the power inside.

The extra power is being used to display the game in native 1080p.

The extra power is being used to display the game in native 1080p.

Which is to be expected. But you can't seriously buy that a mere resolution upgrade is all the next-gen consoles are capable of. It severely undermines that reserved power inside.

Of course he hasn't heard of the issues. First of all you would have to be a technical fellow, and if you were a technical fellow, it would be easy to dispel any claims of power disparity because you would be the one creating the graphics engines.

Kariodude

Banned
Disappointing. This is what happens when a developer just does a quick port instead of really putting in effort to improve the game.

Vashetti

Banned
the gap is closing

46238-Spongebob-imagination-gif-ikhI.gif

Caayn

Which is to be expected. But you can't seriously buy that a mere resolution upgrade is all the next-gen consoles are capable of. It severely undermines that reserved power inside.
Of course not. Both could probably handle more, but that more isn't free.

Disappointing. This is what happens when a developer just does a quick port instead of really putting in effort to improve the game.

Or you know, limitations of the engine. Just because they can make the game run on PS4 and XB1 doesn't automatically mean they get a bunch of added effects for free. Someone still has to program that in and make sure it works. And if their engine / budgets don't allow for that, then it's not happening.

Sweep14

During the Xbox One's lifetime I'm sure smart developers will find creative ways around the console's limitations but the power gap with the PS4 will remain. Still, I do expect it to get smaller as time passes.

IMHO the gap will widen. Just wait 2-3 years when GPGPU compute become a standard PS4 programming practice.

Melchiah

I was interested in the game, but now that Square seems to be going for parity at the expense of the PS4 version, I won't be paying a full price for the game. Hopefully it at least takes advantage of the available hardware for better effects.

I was interested in the game, but now that Square seems to be going for parity at the expense of the PS4 version, I won't be paying a full price for the game. Hopefully it at least takes advantage of the available hardware for better effects.

Of course they aren't. It's a 360 / PS3 game upscaled. What did you expect? They aren't going to make an entirely new engine for the new consoles, it would be a crazy waste of money.

And Square-Enix is not being evil by going "Yo, upscale the game to 1080P and make it a stable 30", they are saying "What can we afford to do?". It's not like they are actively out to hurt you, Sony or anyone.

Top Bottom