• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Murdered: Soul Suspect - 1080/30 on PS4 and X1...

More armchair programmers saying they could make it 60fps with a flip of a switch.

I'm fine with this game being 30fps. I'll probably check it out.

Alienous

More armchair programmers saying they could make it 60fps with a flip of a switch.

Armchair programmers?

What are you talking about?

I'm just suggesting they download more RAM and tighten up the optimization on level 2. Should reach 60fps fine after that.

Melchiah

I'm fine with it in itself, but the fact that both systems run the game the same seems off, given the differences of the platforms. I wonder how it'll be on PC?

Which is to be expected. But you can't seriously buy that a mere resolution upgrade is all the next-gen consoles are capable of. It severely undermines that reserved power inside.

Resolution upgrade is NOT the only thing the new consoles are doing. Aside of the resolution bump, assets are also upgraded. Texture resolution, texture detail, you may see individual stitching and laces on outfits while the last gen version may not have any of that at all.

What you see below is not something that magically appeared when increasing the resolution, so NO, it's not just last gen games running at higher resolutions.

he7tQsD.gif

Top Bottom