• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Music recommendations -- I wants em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like upbeat music, generally. A few bangs I like to give you an idea of what I like: RHCP (my favorite), Weezer, ATDI, Mars Volta, Sublime, Infectious Grooves, Jamiroquai (with Stuart Zender), Fugazi, old Incubus, Planet Smashers, The Pixies, Sonic Youth, The Pillows, Alien Ant Farm, Primus, The Dismemberment plan. A really, really diverse mix of stuff, but I'm getting bored with what I got.

HELP ME.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Maybe check out Ween? They're perhaps the most stylistically and musically versatile band I've ever heard, and they're pretty damned good too. My favorite albums are 'Quebec' and 'Chocolate and Cheese'. A lot of Ween fans seem to like White Pepper, but I just can't get into it.

Oh, and if you're at all into ska, check out The Slackers and Hepcat. It's great stuff if you're into "upbeat" music like you say, especially Hepcat's "Right On Time".

Chrono

Banned
Not really a music fan, and you probably know about these, but I’m bored…

Aluna

Bright Eyes

Orbital

nitewulf

franz ferdinand, of course.
and the faint, cursive, coheed and cambria, LCD soundsystem, the bravery, madness (ska), the specials (ska), phoenix (if you like jamiroquai), AC Newman, Les Savy Fav, Muse. that should start you off well...

tetsuoxb

I listen mainly to trance....(I just got off the phone with Phil Reynolds! YAY!) but for your type of music, I wholeheartedly recommend Ozma.

Too bad they broke up.

Mifune

Mehmber
LCD fucking Soundsystem

g64451o0dkv.jpg

ToxicAdam

This is a stab in the dark .. but you may like Nelly Furtado. She can have some eclectic "bouncy" music.

Also, I would second Franz Ferdinand .. it should be right up your alley.

Richiban

+1 LCD Soundsystem

Also, Chromeo - She's In Control

This was dangerous music to drive to work to this morning. Pedal to the metal type stuff.

fictionman.bmp

I highly recommend Robert Polard's (Guided By Voices) latest solo album, Fiction Man. There's a wide variety of short but catchy rock tunes contained within. My album of the year for 2004.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Dredg
Q and Not U
Interpol
Tool
The Fire Theft

just download Q and Not U - Wonderful People
You should love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom