• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mutants in the MCU: You Cast the Mutants!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
So... With the X-Men and mutants set to come into the MCU, I was thinking of mutants that haven't really had a chance to be onscreen yet. I thought this would be a fun thread for everyone to post a favorite mutant(s) they'd like to see in the MCU. Post a picture, the name and the wiki page explaining their powers and origins and a side note detailing why you want that character or some kind of other fact pertaining to them...

I'll start off ...

Idie AKA Oya

ZnogIeZ.jpg

uuThYRk.jpg

(Side note: I've never liked how she was supposed to be 14 but they drew her as an adult...but that's a whole other thread)

Maya Lopez AKA Echo

VxY5xIg.png

96M2WRX.jpg

(Side note: a deaf superhero is a novelty but I would LOVE to see this brought to the big screen! I'm deaf, so this is one of my wishes!)

I'm going to sleep so I'll come back to this later.

kunonabi

Outside of Dazzler, which they won't do right, and a proper 90's Rogue, not going to happen, I can't think of too many mutants I really want to see outside of the usual suspects. I don't think I'm going to like any of the MCU X-Men to be honest.

That said, I'd love to see Silhouette as an X-Men since I don't think we're getting a proper New Warriors team any time soon and she deserves to be in more stuff.

Just give me the '90s cartoon series lineup with Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Xavier, and Jubilee. After that, it's whatever. Maybe work in a way to get Cable and Bishop in there but that'd probably be saved for one of the sequels since those characters involve time travel in their stories directly.

quickwhips

Multiple man. I always loved that guy when he was written well.

Rictor and shatterstar would be great.

Longshot and Dazzler maybe.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Just give me the '90s cartoon series lineup with Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Jean, Rogue, Gambit, Beast, Xavier, and Jubilee. After that, it's whatever. Maybe work in a way to get Cable and Bishop in there but that'd probably be saved for one of the sequels since those characters involve time travel in their stories directly.

They're not going to do the core X-Men team just yet. We have to be introduced to mutants first before getting to the X-Men. So they'll have random mutants (not totally random but you get my drift) introduced in different movies since we haven't seen any yet in the MCU.

Gargus

Banned
I'm just pissed that we'll probably never get a proper Dark Phoenix adaptation. They've already fucked it up twice, I doubt there will be a 3rd try.

I'd like to see it get weird once its established. Like when they were in mojo world and met longshot. That could be a fun movie.

Since they have mutants now and the fantastic four it would be cool if they did a secret wars kind of thing for the next big event instead of just using another single big threat like they did with Ultron and thanos. Do something different and fun and not so normal. Then after that they could do the next event with a other single big threat like galactus.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I hope your wish comes true, bro.

I don't think it's far off at all either, MCU is bringing out more and more unknowns.
To me the Doctor Strange movie was a great flip for Marvel and it just happened to sell millions, because Doctor Strange is not better than Thor. Anything other than the mainline Avenger films are extra to me.

pramod

Banned
The right thing to do would have been to
I'd like to see it get weird once its established. Like when they were in mojo world and met longshot. That could be a fun movie.

Since they have mutants now and the fantastic four it would be cool if they did a secret wars kind of thing for the next big event instead of just using another single big threat like they did with Ultron and thanos. Do something different and fun and not so normal. Then after that they could do the next event with a other single big threat like galactus.

The right thing to do would have been to reboot the MCU, IMHO. But I think Disney/Feige made a calculated risk that they can keep the same universe going on the back of Spiderman, now that Sony fucked that up, I think their entire plans are in really serious trouble.

You ask why should they reboot?
Because when you've already defeated an enemy that was pretty much a God and can wipe out half of the universe (or even all of it) with a snap (not even Galactus can do that), where do you go from there? And you already killed off both him and your main hero (Iron Man), doesn't it make much more sense to just start over fresh?

Last edited:

Gargus

Banned
The right thing to do would have been to

The right thing to do would have been to reboot the MCU, IMHO. But I think Disney/Feige made a calculated risk that they can keep the same universe going on the back of Spiderman, now that Sony fucked that up, I think their entire plans are in really serious trouble.

You ask why should they reboot?
Because when you've already defeated an enemy that was pretty much a God and can wipe out half of the universe (or even all of it) with a snap (not even Galactus can do that), where do you go from there? And you already killed off both him and your main hero (Iron Man), doesn't it make much more sense to just start over fresh?

They dont even need a full reboot. Just move in a different direction, introduce new characters, give a new overall feel to things. They can still have cameos or teamups and appearances by what they have already done. I still want it to feel all included. I dont want them to hit the reset button everytime they do something major.

The new dr strange being almost a horror movie is a step in the right direction.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Psylocke would be great solo. The question is which body would she be inhabiting? Hot British chick, or hot Japanese assassin with a British accent?

I think they should have Uncanny Xmen and Xforce movies. Xforce should be deadpool, Psylocke, x23, domino, colossus, cable, and warpath.

Last edited:
Peter Dinklage as Wolverine. Give him some lifts in his boot's, and he could easily be closer to wolverine's height than tall handsome man Hugh jackman.

kunonabi

Psylocke would be great solo. The question is which body would she be inhabiting? Hot British chick, or hot Japanese assassin with a British accent?

I think they should have Uncanny Xmen and Xforce movies. Xforce should be deadpool, Psylocke, x23, domino, colossus, cable, and warpath.

British Ninja Psylock isn't happening as they already removed her from the comics for being rascist. My guess is they go with Kwannon and just call her Psylocke instead.

Bootyful

Banned
Bryan Cranston as Professor X

Zac Efron as Cyclops

Idris Elba as Magneto

Daniel Radcliffe as Nightcrawler

Wolverine I'm having a hard time casting

Those are the ones that come to mind.

Top Bottom