• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mutants officially introduced to the MCU

sol_bad

Seems like a silly line to draw things at.
Dr Strange left 616 at the end of Dr Strange, you’re thinking would mean he’s no longer part of the MCU.

It's not a silly line to draw. People are excited to see mutants in the actual 616 MCU, regular occurances of loved characters. Not one off guest appearances of characters in other universes that we'll never see again.

Strange is a silly comparison, he didn't leave the 616 at the end of MoM. The Dark Dimension is a part of the 616, not an alternate reality.

bitbydeath

It's not a silly line to draw. People are excited to see mutants in the actual 616 MCU, regular occurances of loved characters. Not one off guest appearances of characters in other universes that we'll never see again.

Strange is a silly comparison, he didn't leave the 616 at the end of MoM. The Dark Dimension is a part of the 616, not an alternate reality.
You’re personal excitement level doesn’t determine who is in the MCU, otherwise Captain Marvel or the Eternals wouldn’t be considered part of the MCU.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The way Marvel is making these TV shows reminds me of Generation X years ago. It’s progressive, but yet it’s running at a snail’s pace trying to escape the shadow caused by the Avengers and the highly forgettable X-Men films.

I5QulPA.jpg

sol_bad

You’re personal excitement level doesn’t determine who is in the MCU, otherwise Captain Marvel or the Eternals wouldn’t be considered part of the MCU.

It's not my personal expectation. It's the fan's expectations, we want mutants in the 616 MCU, not offshoot realities. At the end of the day, mutants in alternate realities are pointless.

Star-Lord

Pathetic. That comment got you riled up? Fanboy tears I guess for lowest viewership show in the MCU.
Not just that one comment, but rather the posters overall attitude towards this matter. It was confirmed by studio officials that Venom 2 is not part of the MCU, but bitbydeath bitbydeath would rather argue until he's blue in the face that it is part of it. I can only assume that if he's so clear on this matter that he must've been involved in the film's concept and production.

bitbydeath

Not just that one comment, but rather the posters overall attitude towards this matter. It was confirmed by studio officials that Venom 2 is not part of the MCU, but bitbydeath bitbydeath would rather argue until he's blue in the face that it is part of it. I can only assume that if he's so clear on this matter that he must've been involved in the film's concept and production.
You should watch it before commenting, Venom 2 has a scene that continues into Spider-Man NWH connecting it.

Star-Lord

You should watch it before commenting, Venom 2 has a scene that continues into Spider-Man NWH connecting it.
I've seen it. But as already mentioned by myself and by others, they are not the same universe. In the mid-credit scene for No Way Home, you even see Venom being sucked back into the Sony universe. That, to me me, was Marvel confirming that this version of Venom - the Sony Venom - is not welcome there, and therefore banished it before anything happened. They may well introduce their own version of Venom at a later date, but the Hardy one that you appear to have a hard-on for is not the one.

bitbydeath

I've seen it. But as already mentioned by myself and by others, they are not the same universe. In the mid-credit scene for No Way Home, you even see Venom being sucked back into the Sony universe. That, to me me, was Marvel confirming that this version of Venom - the Sony Venom - is not welcome there, and therefore banished it before anything happened. They may well introduce their own version of Venom at a later date, but the Hardy one that you appear to have a hard-on for is not the one.
You should rewatch, a piece of Venom was left behind on the counter which means Venom will likely continue and take another host, possibly even Peter to shake things up a bit.

But all that is neither here nor there, that scene made the two Venom movies part of the multiverse. The MCU isn’t just about Earth 1616 anymore.

Ulysses 31

It's Marvel being contradictory again, like in the Eternals trailer saying they never interfered with humans only to say that there were guiding it also.

I get they mean that Eddie Brock(Tom Hardy) won't be appearing in any MCU movie again but to say he's not part of the MCU when he appeared in NWH is dumb of them..

Last edited:

sol_bad

You should rewatch, a piece of Venom was left behind on the counter which means Venom will likely continue and take another host, possibly even Peter to shake things up a bit.

But all that is neither here nor there, that scene made the two Venom movies part of the multiverse. The MCU isn’t just about Earth 1616 anymore.

You can guarantee Tom Hardy will not voice the Venom in the MCU. It'll be an entirely new symbiote basically.

The McGuire and Garfield movies are not part of the MCU either. Nor are the Fox X-Men movies.

bitbydeath

You can guarantee Tom Hardy will not voice the Venom in the MCU. It'll be an entirely new symbiote basically.

The McGuire and Garfield movies are not part of the MCU either. Nor are the Fox X-Men movies.
I disagree. The multiverse is part of the MCU, if it wasn’t it wouldn’t feature in the movies, it’s that simple.

Aggrotek

I didn't see that poster, or anyone for that matter, suggest any of this. They just wrote they thought there were "better ways".

I don't mind them using Ms Marvel as the first mutant myself. But I would have preferred this be done in one of the films. Maybe mentioned in Black Panther 2 or something, perhaps a post-credits scene (even feature Kamala in the scene). It just feels a little too low of stakes to make the reveal in their teen-focused television show.
Exactly. I never even mentioned other films. There are literally a million better ways than to include it as a little zinger at the end of a show that isn't focused on Mutants at all.
Inhumans aren't even mutants. I don't know why they put it in this show.

ManaByte

Inhumans aren't even mutants. I don't know why they put it in this show.

There are no Inhumans in the show. They made her a Mutant because the CREATOR OF THE CHARACTER always intended her to be a Mutant, but was forced to make her a Inhuman during the stupid "Terrigen bomb" storyline due to Ike Perlmutter trying to fuck over Fox by banning new Mutants from being created in the comics.

Top Bottom