• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MvCI DLC characters announced: Monster Hunter (F), Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Venom

Tizoc

My man~

I am confused is it Marvel's Black Widow? Cuz I can see her being based off MvC3 Jill :p

BadWolf

Black Widow would be another gun user right?

Between her and Chris, the chances of Jill/Leon appearing in the game seem low.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Btw. this is how awesome Monster Hunter will look.

qjwrZdl.jpg

Neoxon

Either way it's not as if they went "we're replacing Laura as Chun Li because Black Widow".
Probably. If anything, I'd imagine that Marvel saw an opportunity like "Hey Laura, we get that you were too busy to record for Chun-Li for the base roster, but maybe you could come do Black Widow now that you're done with Uncharted."

Either way, I'd be surprised if Laura Bailey didn't do Black Widow, seeing as she's the current go-to VA for Natasha in other forms of media since Avengers Assemble happened.

Tizoc

99% chance it probably isn't that one but I would love it though for diversity and having 3 Capcom characters.

It would also make it the FIRST Slam Masters/Muscle Bomber character to appear in a versus game. I can't recall them appearing in any other crossover outside maybe the Card games?

Wait, what? Four Marvel and two Capcom? That doesn't seem right.

I hope they get deep enough into the DLC to actually include some interesting, left field, non-MCU characters.

Sn4ke_911

still 6 new characters coming this year, two of them females.

Not bad Capcom, not bad at all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
My man~

I am confused is it Marvel's Black Widow? Cuz I can see her being based off MvC3 Jill :p

it has to be Marvel Black Widow, otherwise this would be the biggest troll move ever.

And the thread title is missing Black Panther and Sigma btw

Lulubop

from last week ? Some dude came and said here are the DLC character coming. I don't remember much else.

He said Gil so no. All the other characters were In an imagine leak from ages ago that has been sitting in the OP of the discussion thread since.

Ridley327

Hopefully, Monster Hunter's move set does GS users proud. Would hate to see the IP's debut in MvC go to waste if it wasn't a love letter.

I-hate-u

Wait, 6 characters in 3 months??

Wait, 4 Marvel but 2 Capcom characters only??

Wait, they couldn't launch the game with those characters instead of gouging the customer?

Wait, they didn't release any images with this PR release?

Capcom just frustrates me to no end.

Neoxon

Alternate costume? But thats her regular costume >_>
They're probably gonna cut down on the cleavage. Even Gamora's Abnett/Lanning alternate costume was altered to cut down on fan-service (at least based on the Funko POP figure of her).

If the DLC characters were recorded around the same time as the base game then I doubt it. Laura would have been too busy with Lost Legacy. Especially since it's Ashly voicing Chun Li in Puzzle Fighter. Highly doubt they made a permanent decision to recast a character because she already voices someone else.

Sudden PR release with no trailer is pretty random, dawg. Even SFV at least got its DLC characters revealed at a stage event (PSX). It's par for the course for the game though.

Wasn't aware of this, I guess Bailey has stepped up to more high profile stuff now. More Western Animation and high profile games, less Anime and Japanese games.

Sn4ke_911

No Lady, Gene or Asura? lol

This is only the first year ya goober, they will support this game at least for a few years. The game isn't even out yet and they already announced 6 additional characters, we are off to a good start, just chill.

Sudden PR release with no trailer is pretty random, dawg. Even SFV at least got its DLC characters revealed at a stage event (PSX). It's par for the course for the game though.

Well, if they showed a trailer with fully functioning characters, people would accuse them of 'withholding finished content'.

If they simply said nothing, people would complain about "having to buy a season pass without knowing what's in it."

Also, the characters may legit not be finished. Whenever Capcom shows something that's still a work in progress, people don't take it very well.

This is probably the safest way.

HardRojo

Wait, 4 Marvel and 2 Capcom characters only??

Wait, they couldn't launch the game with those characters instead of gouging the customer?

It's like they're doing everything they shouldn't be doing. I won't be getting these characters until they're really cheap next year, they should've been in the base roster.

Well, if they showed a trailer with fully functioning characters, people would accuse them of 'withholding finished content'.

If they simply said nothing, people would complain about "having to buy a season pass without knowing what's in it."

Also, the characters may legit not be finished.

A screenshot of their artwork similar to what they do in SFV for the season characters, but common sense can't be expected from them anymore.

Not gonna lie, the character balance in favour of Marvel here kinda bugs me.

Hopefully, Monster Hunter's move set does GS users proud. Would hate to see the IP's debut in MvC go to waste if it wasn't a love letter.

The great sword will take as long to charge up and swing as it does in the games for that authentic feel.
If you actually hit in a game as fast paced as this you're rewarded by it cratering an entire character's life bar and they weep a single wyvern tear.

Also, the characters may legit not be finished.

Like I said though. Months before release SFV confirmed its season 1 pass characters on stage at PSX. No gameplay or anything, just who they are and a peek at some key art. They could have done the same here at, say, Gamescom. The fact that they're announcing them right before launch, i.e. at the very last minute, in a pure text PR release just makes them seem like they weren't prepared. It's just like how they were forced to reveal characters like Firebrand and Dormammu unceremoniously because some comic covers came out. It makes them seem like they got caught with their pants down and are revealing things because they were backed into a corner, instead of confidently and clearly revealing things on their own accord.

Safe? Sure. Doesn't exactly reflect the most flatteringly on them and it's in total contrast with what they've done with every other fighting game up to this point.

Zubz

Banned

Wait, 4 Marvel and 2 Capcom characters only??

Yup. Charging $30 for these guys who'll all d out so close to launch (Which includes one of the main villains, the only black character IIRC, & 1/3 of the female roster) is scummy to me.

Just like with Goro being Day 1 DLC for MKX, it's inexcusable. But just like with Goro, people are going to justify something that directly, avidly, & flagrantly rips them off.

Also, the characters may legit not be finished. Whenever Capcom shows something that's still a work in progress, people don't take it very well.

The best way would be to do a silhouette kinda thing like SFV (and announce the characters shortly before official reveal), but this is pretty alright, too.

Action capcom fans forever forgotten :(
:(
This is only the first year you goober, they will support this game at least for a few years.
I know that. But I honestly expected one of them to be in the first season since it was announced to be all new characters. I expect the future character passes to be more focused on fan favorites from UMvC3 like Wesker, Vergil, Deadpool, Wolverine, etc

dawgparty

Fuck yeah, Black Widow. I'm now slightly interested in this game(6 female characters is still heinous but Widow is my favorite).

Spy

so there's no way to earn these with any kind of ingame currency like in sfv right? only way is to shell out more money?
Thankfully it doesn't have a fight money system.

It's fine if you're a casual player but if not, you end up paying more in the long run because of the purchasble stages along with added barriers such as the content only being accessible from one account.

Top Bottom