• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My brother just released his first album “Legend of a Journey”

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay

Amrit Bains or bust.

I thought about it long and hard and did consider his excellent catalog. His off key singing isn't as affecting for some reason, and he clearly has some sort of sense of humor, which is a real negative when it comes to this sort of thing.

reKon

Banned
Normally I would tell you this music is garbage. But honestly, I feel like if sanitation workers found it lying around in the dump they might try and get it away from the fucking trash.

It's that bad.

fuck you because my stomach hurts too much from laughing at this so much, lol. I'm terrible

slit

OP, tell your brother he needs more practice or he needs to stop. It's better for him to hear it now.

It sounded like someone rapping in tongues. It doesn't sound like any preparation went into this at all.

When I see people being lifted from their homes with a crane I wonder why there wasn't a point at which someone said maybe now is the time to stop eating.

I similarly wonder why someone close to the OP's brother hasn't been kind enough to suggest that maybe a different vocation might be in order.

tumblr_l0z7qaEQWv1qaf8ryo1_500.jpg

Cyan

Banned
He does not have an account here but I’ll send him a link and he’ll be checking this thread for feedback and I can relay it back and forth.

Please tell me you haven't already sent him the link. :(

I have to say, props to your brother for completing a major creative project. It takes a lot of work and a lot of will to see something like this all the way through, and it takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there like this. I doubt many of us here can say we've released an album (hi Agent Whiskers!).

I also think he should keep trying. People are capable of growing and learning and getting better, and regardless of the reception this one gets, he should go back to the studio and keep at it. Get feedback, improve, and just keep on pushing forward.

FourMyle

WTF is this shit? did he not listen to any of the tracks he recorded?

Life iz so Black is making me want to kill myself

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Please tell me you haven't already sent him the link. :(

I have to say, props to your brother for completing a major creative project. It takes a lot of work and a lot of will to see something like this all the way through, and it takes a lot of guts to put yourself out there like this. I doubt many of us here can say we've released an album (hi Agent Whiskers!).

I also think he should keep trying. People are capable of growing and learning and getting better, and regardless of the reception this one gets, he should go back to the studio and keep at it. Get feedback, improve, and just keep on pushing forward.

The youtube comments are already pouring in from here, so I think it is too late.

Stasis

They do all their own video work too. Totally unsigned. And only 900 youtube views, boo. My crappy fan vids get more than that.

I noticed the low views and found it odd. They're definitely talented. I'll spread it around for whatever that's worth =)

jay

I don't actually listen to rap at all. I assume it all sounds pretty similar to this, so good work!

DukeBobby

They do all their own video work too. Totally unsigned. And only 900 youtube views, boo. My crappy fan vids get more than that.

Yeah, they definitely deserve more exposure. Also, the video itself is really well made (it's hard to believe it was made with so little budget!!)

Lucario

If this isn't trolling, your friend needs constructive feedback.... not youtube comments. Disable comments on that video right away, and make sure he doesn't see this thread.

I'm not a fan of the genre at all, so I can't offer any constructive criticism, so I'll just say props for finishing his record. I hope he's proud of it, and that it turned out better then he expected.

The album was released on Youtube 3 days ago...I really don't think he is trolling.

If it is a troll, this is quite possibly the hardest I've laughed out loud from a Neogaf post and almost any other music, so good work?

If he is not trolling, I left him one [arguably] nice comment on his music video

And I can't stress this enough, OP, do not show him this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom