• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My father has suffer an heart attack

Hydrargyrus

I've just came from the emergencies, tonight he's going to be in ICU.

This morning, my father has started to feel bad, sick, but he usually suffers from dizziness... but this time it looked different. At noon he was really bad and he has laid down (this seems to be his first and lesser heart attack) but later he was in part recovered and has eaten with us, but this afternoon he was really bad, with the typical symptoms: cold sweats, tremors and pain in the chest and the left arm. Then we've called an ambulance.

For what they've told us, seems like one of the 3 heart main vessels was completely occlused and a second was/is almost occlused too, thankfully they have seen it so is going to be solved before it'll cause another heart attack.

Doctors have put him an stent in order to open the closed artery, for what they've told us, the heart attack has been serious but they've treated quickly but they couldn't tell how the heart is now (the magnitude of the affection).
They are going to put him another stent in the semi-occlused vessel, probably this Monday or Tuesday.

We have been able to see him in the ICU and he's happy, well, he's always very strong and never complains. Sometimes I joke calling him Champion of Capua (as in the Spartacus TV series).

I'm still in tears as I write this. I really don't know what I'm writting it, but seems like a way to unburden.

Tomorrow I'll be able to see him 2 hours in the ICU. I really hope he will have good night, because he deserves, he's a champion.

Tl;dr My father have suffered an heart attack and I'm so bad that I've needed to tell some of you to feel better

My father suffered several heart attacks before they were bad enough for him to notice. By the time he did, one of the arteries to his heart was so badly damaged the tissue died.

He is alive and well today, having had some surgery to replace some of the damaged artery. He is getting healthier and losing weight and all that.

Don't lose hope.

Hydrargyrus

Thank you all.

I'm going to be there for him, I swear, but this night it's been really hard not to cry when I've seen him.
I don't want to loose him

Marvel

could never
Sorry to hear about your father, pulling for him to make a full recovery. I worry about my mother's heart.

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong, but don't feel bad about crying in front of him. It shows you care.

May I ask how old he is?

Edit: Also, I wouldn't feel too bad about having a vent thread. I've done it. It helps.

Hydrargyrus

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. My thoughts are with you and your family. Stay strong, but don't feel bad about crying in front of him. It shows you care.

May I ask how old he is?

He's 57yo

Thanks man. I'm trying to be positive as well, but I'm an only child and I don't want to loose him.

Hydrargyrus

He had a good night, he hasn't had any arrhythmias this night so, although he hasn't sleept too much, has had a good night.

We are waiting for the second catheterization (in a day or two), in order to place another stent.

Fingers crossed, I hope all still go well.

Stay strong dad!

Good luck man, and be glad he got help. My uncle had a heart attack two fridays ago while driving home from Barstow. Died instantly, drifted off the road and slammed into a boulder. He never saw it coming. And even if he didn't die instantly as per the coroner, it took the EMTs at least 10 minutes to get to him. Shit sucks man.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
My father and brother went through this. Things will be OK. Tough, but Ok. My prayers to you and your family.

Aurongel

Good to hear that OP, maybe this can be a wake up call for him to change aspects of his lifestyle one step at a time.

My mum had two heart attacks when she was 39 and we all thought we were going to lose her. She's alive and well now, be as positive as you can buddy. I know how scary it is. I wish you all the best.

I'm hoping everything goes well. My father had one in 2006 and it scared me to death. You only get one Dad. He's done extremely well now after changing his eating habits and minimal exercise.

Trojan X

Banned
1. Be super strong - You MUST!

2. Literally, take note of everything that the doctor is doing and say to you. Take every advice, every plan, absolutely everything.

3. While your dad is recovering, set up a new LIFE plan in an effort to improve his health (we have no idea if this was caused from being overweight, lack of exercise, blood issues that run in the family, age, drugs, etc).

4. Super positive encourage and support! SUPER POSITIVE ENCOURAGEMENT AND SUPPORT!!! You need to be the trooper, the ringleader, the leader of a marching band. Round up the troops to help your dad to have and stick to a new mental attitude.

5. Help your father with his new plan until he can take over and do everything himself. That includes keeping and making notes as intricate as yourself and them some. He has to be the marching band of his own ship. Hopefully, he put everything to a state where all is just second nature and not a chore for him to do.

6. When everything has restored to normal levels, he can stop taking notes and keep everything as second nature in him mind.

Good luck! Glad you got him to the hospital quickly.

Top Bottom