• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

my first car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Well, I moved out of my last dorm room last friday and am moving into my first apartment within the next few days, and was hoping that I would be getting a car inbetween then. And I did!

Behold... (shots stolen from autos.msn since I don't have my digicam):

c435258a.jpg

c431714a.jpg

c431710a.jpg

A red '98 Honda Prelude (second pic is more representative because of the back). It has about 85,000 miles on it, is in really good shape, and got it for around $7,500 (with a $1200 1 year bumper to bumper warrenty).

I was so worried I'd end up with some boring average chump car like a Chevy Cavelier or Ford Taurus or some shit (no offense to those who own one :D). I've always thought the Prelude is a really sexy lookin car, and the 190hp 4cyl has a lot of kick. I would have wanted a black or silver one, but Preludes are damn hard to find, and I'm not too concerned with color.

This calls for celebration.....time to get drunk! Then go for a joy ride! :D :p

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
You know, I was gonna give you props, but then you go an insult my car.

This is what I'm driving now...not exactly my cup of tea, but it gets me from A to B.

ek_s2_5.jpg

In a year or two, this is what I will be buying...(the latest model)

p.chevrolet.equinox.30.1.jpg

One of my friends have the exact same car with the same color to boot. Be sure to purchase an autolock for you car just in case someone wants to steal it...:)

Koshiro

I was always told you werent meant to spend more than £1,000 on your first car, because chances are high you're going to fuck it up.

robot

My first car was a blue '88 prelude...awesome car.
Still sitting in my garage with like 5 million miles on it...and it still runs.

Guzim

Meier said:
I'm just amazed you lived until 22ish without a car.
I'm sure he had a car when he was 16 or so, but I think he meant a car that he'll actually pay for by himself.

EDIT: My car is a 1997 Toyota Tercel, I love it.

Cherubae

A red '98 Honda Prelude (second pic is more representative because of the back). It has about 85,000 miles on it, is in really good shape, and got it for around $7,500 (with a $1200 1 year bumper to bumper warrenty).

Congrats :D I have my silver '98 Prelude for 4 years. I've yet to have any serious mechanical problems with it. (except for the fact I paid waaaay too much for it)

I did have one issue with it; when I purchased the car the dealership didn't have the "red" master key, which allows you to make duplicate keys for the car. My ignition key started to not open the trunk anymore because it was so worn down, and obtaining a new master key would require the entire car to be rekeyed. Luckily I found another dealership who could make "T5" keys without needing the "red" master key.

If you have your master key then you're fine, else you'll need to find a place that can punch out a T5 key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom