• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My fucking nutjob neighbor

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm usually not one to let the other person win in situations like this, but if this has been going on for years then it's just not worth it... I would move OP. Your quality of life will be so much better and you only get to live once.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
New update.

After getting that car towed away, we have a replacement. A... truck???

I don't know if it's his, I think someone loaned it to him, as I saw someone drop it off and then leave in another car about a week ago. But he's been spending all his "car time" with this truck lately. And he doesn't let the car run like he does with his other cars. He's not messing with the engine either. More maintenance-y stuff. So apparently he thinks he needs to let the car run with the Spyder and Lancer only, not the truck. But he does do something to it everyday that's noisy and goes on for about half an hour. I can't tell what it is, it's boxed in and there's a fence in the way, so I can't see unless I walk over there and go down the driveway, but it sounds like he's putting air into one of the tires. But I don't think that's what it is. The sound is just similar to the sound one of those air machines makes. Anyway, it goes on for about a half an hour, then he bends down underneath the truck and he stops it, then goes back inside.

Also, he seems to have ditched the orange shirt after wearing it everyday for about 5 years. Every time I've seen him over the last couple weeks, he's been wearing this yellow reflector vest over a blue coat. So I thought maybe he got a job in construction, but he never goes anywhere. He'll just take the trash out, and mess with the truck and go back inside.

quickwhips

New update.

I don't know if it's his, I think someone loaned it to him, as I saw someone drop it off and then leave in another car about a week ago. But he's been spending all his "car time" with this truck lately. And he doesn't let the car run like he does with his other cars. He's not messing with the engine either. More maintenance-y stuff. So apparently he thinks he needs to let the car run with the Spyder and Lancer only, not the truck. But he does do something to it everyday that's noisy and goes on for about half an hour. I can't tell what it is, it's boxed in and there's a fence in the way, so I can't see unless I walk over there and go down the driveway, but it sounds like he's putting air into one of the tires. But I don't think that's what it is. The sound is just similar to the sound one of those air machines makes. Anyway, it goes on for about a half an hour, then he bends down underneath the truck and he stops it, then goes back inside.

Also, he seems to have ditched the orange shirt after wearing it everyday for about 5 years. Every time I've seen him over the last couple weeks, he's been wearing this yellow reflector vest over a blue coat. So I thought maybe he got a job in construction, but he never goes anywhere. He'll just take the trash out, and mess with the truck and go back inside.
Stop staring at me.

Jeeves

Maybe the orange shirt was to maximize his roadside visibility all along, and now he finally upgraded to the real deal. This guy's moving up!

New update.

You're not getting away that easily. Pics or GTFO!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I hate to bump this with no significant development, but I saw this today and couldn't stop laughing.

So apparently the dude got a job(finally). Hooray for him.

He also installed this thing on his Lancer roof for some reason that holds what looks like hedge or bolt cutters. Why he did that instead of putting them in the trunk is beyond me.

But the color of the handles of them match the car's color scheme. And one of them says "Beast" on the handle.

When I saw that I was dead :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

IMG-1216.jpg

BigBooper

I hate to bump this with no significant development, but I saw this today and couldn't stop laughing.

He also installed this thing on his Lancer roof for some reason that holds what looks like hedge or bolt cutters. Why he did that instead of putting them in the trunk is beyond me.

But the color of the handles of them match the car's color scheme. And one of them says "Beast" on the handle.

IMG-1216.jpg
Is his side view mirror and wiper arms wrapped in aluminum foil? Also, his green bolt cutter doesn't look like it's secured on the back. Wonder when it will bounce up and smash out his windshield.
I love your updates. Your neighbor is a sitcom character.

Ionian

IMG-1216.jpg

Trying to find a normal part of the car is like 'Where's Wally?'.

So many places of WTF? to find out in that pic.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Is his side view mirror and wiper arms wrapped in aluminum foil? Also, his green bolt cutter doesn't look like it's secured on the back. Wonder when it will bounce up and smash out his windshield.
I love your updates. Your neighbor is a sitcom character.
It looks like aluminum foil, I think it’s some type of decal that wraps around with a bunch of stuff on it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was made of aluminum foil at this point though.

*Nightwing

I’d like to imagine he has found religion, and finally got his license to preform Bris ceremonies a la Jewish faith, and that’s his work vehicle and tools to air them out after each use.... But not giving up the lifestyle and staying true to his roots

Dr.Morris79

IMG-1216.jpg
The fuck is that? :O

IMG-1216.jpg
Why does he have bolt cutters that say BEAST on them with monster energy tint guard?

black_13

Banned
Haha guy seems like quite the character. I got a few neighbors that come out and talk to me if I even got the pressure washer on after 9pm.

I did have some loud ass exhaust cars and would go to work every morning for a few years while I had that car but max it was 2-3 minute idle and drive off.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
DragoonKain DragoonKain appreciate the updates man.

I know the pain regarding neighbours.

Hey, at least you get some silly fun out of it in this thread. All I have are torture fantasies...

😉😅

Last edited:

Jeeves

IMG-1216.jpg
Imagine your new gardener rolling up in this, and knowing that every penny you pay him is going towards this.....hobby.

DESTROYA

WTF is that on the hood of his car? SpongeBob ? Tools ?
Why the hell does he have unfunctional hood vents covered ? They are just for show.

Cravis

Bike racks hahaha. Does he even own a bike? Much less many bikes which would necessitate the need for a bike rack?

I can’t think of a legit, ahem legal, job that would call for bolt cutters to be so readily accessible like that.

j0hnnix

Man that thing got a Monster sticker. Shit probably hit 700hp to wheels just for the sticker and the bolt cutters probably to get to his engine and cut the hidden hood pins. He's a beast alright.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Can't believe you put up with that shit for years, I would've simply burned out his car one night or thermite through the engine block which I seen in a YouTube video that looked class but for simples sake a petrol bomb through the window is the easiest

MachRc

Thank you OP for the great thread! made my day go fasterer last friday.

I was at Jack yesterday before heading out on a roadtrip and saw a monster themed civic and thought of your neighbor.
The driver of this car was smoking a cigarette in line while waiting, then put on a green wig with a santaclaus hat on before getting to the window.

gotta catch em all
p3HeNgf.jpg

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
I think "befriending" him and offering to help him towards his goal (car stuff) at the same time you open up about how the situation affects your life. It takes some effort but might be worth to try at least.

Edit: oh wait, its an old thread, I need to read the entire thread in case of updates..

Last edited:

truth777

Banned
I think "befriending" him and offering to help him towards his goal (car stuff) at the same time you open up about how the situation affects your life. It takes some effort but might be worth to try at least.

Edit: oh wait, its an old thread, I need to read the entire thread in case of updates..
Terrible plan, but hope it happens purely for the entertainment benefit of this thread.

truth777

Banned
What is stopping OP from sinking money into his own drift car?
OP should race him for pink slips, win, and then drive the car to the nearest salvage yard.
Don’t just stare into the abyss, OP.
Become it.

Top Bottom