• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Girlfriend Has Seen Fifty Shades Twice But Hasn't Seen A Single Star War Film :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Village

She is not missing much.

How about you go see something that you'll both enjoy.

Eh that first part depends on the person. Not going to pretend this thing didn't become a cultural phenomenon for no good reason, it did. On that same token though cultural phenomenon or no people just wont appreciate the some of the things you like.

On the 2nd point though, i wonder if OP and his wife enjoy any of the same films

I know couple who just don't like the same movies, or games, or books that sort of thing. And they get a long swell

raphier

Banned
Don't Worry, Star Wars will be back in fashion very soon, and that's when everyone will talk about and make her want to watch all of them.

Tawpgun

Luckily my girl doesn't like 50 shades.

But she also fuckin hates like all movies. It's the worst, we always end up having to watch comedies together because its like the only thing we both like.

Action movies: Hell nah.
Anything that resembles sci fi/fantasy: absolutley not
Dramas/Thrillers: Maybe... but not likely.

She likes comediers and horror movies that's about it. Kinda opposites but whatever.

I still told her I'm gonna have her watch the LOTR trilogy with me one day and she agreed. Hasn't happened yet, keeps pushing it off....

Girlfriends with shitty movie tastes are the worst but what can you do

Don't Worry, Star Wars will be back in fashion very soon.

Honestly, to this point: The new movie is probably going to be a hop-on point for people who never previously gave that much of a shit about Star Wars.

Just like Abrams' did with Star Trek in 2009.

Not that it'll make her want to watch any of the other ones if that's what happens. But still...

Bottom Line: Your relationship is shaky as shit if "She won't watch Star Wars with me" is even remotely a real fuckin' concern.

You know that image meme that pops up whenever anyone posts an opinion not held by the majority? You see it over in gaming side CONSTANTLY. The kid yelling "I don't like thing," and the angel descending from heaven with a beatific smile, not a care in the world, lovingly, tenderly passing that boy a note that says "Ok"?

Be the angel, Kaneda.

Be the ANGEL.

LaMagenta

Guys and girls have different interests you know. Does she force you to watch love stories? The twilight trilogy? Did u watch 50 shades of grey..would u ever be interested in watching it? Ur being ridiculous.

Now, what if I were to edit ANH down to say 20-40 minutes so she understands the main characters, their motivations and the general ideas behind the series.

I read this, sat back in my chair and stared out the window for a good 5 minutes. It was a sobering moment. One to reflect on the insanity of the world and think, "What exactly am I doing with my life?"

Azuran

Banned
I read this, sat back in my chair and stared out the window for a good 5 minutes. It was a sobering moment. One to reflect on the insanity of the world and think, "What exactly am I doing with my life?"

We have reached the pinnacle of humankind. Anything else we do from now on is pointless.

I like Starwars because i was a kid when those movies were in the cinema. But they're pretty stupid fucking movies for people who were born, let's say, in the eighties or later.

Maybe 50 shades will make her more curious towards some kinky stuff... Win.

My work friends keep trying to get me to watch Star Wars. Hell naw. I'll play the video games, watch the Robot Chicken shorts, and absorb the pop culture references but I just have no urge to watch the movies/tv shows or read the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom