• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Hero Academia Anime |OT| Go Beyond! PLUS ULTRA! (No Manga spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait what, the seasons over?

nooooooooooooooooooo :(

how long till s2?

Probably not 'til next year, sadly.

The first 13 episode cover 24 chapters in world trigger but that's round about the time it's laid the ground works for it's characters & world and finaly starts to establish it's unique scifit tatical squad based combat.

World trigger takes while to get going but once it hits it first arc (the invasion arc) it
it become a beast that blows boku no hero out the water but by it's second arc B rank wars it becomes clear theres never been shounen like it, it's something completetly different to any past shouenen it's crossing uncharted waters and pushing the envelope something togashi does with every chapater along with oda(who does it less frequently).

Problem is with boku no hero has nothing new or any kind of twist going for it, it's a really good excution on already tired & true shounen coming of age haato (already coverd by naruto and others in the past).

It's second arc is a
fucken high school festival jesus christ doesn't get more animu generic then that, that shit should be illegal.

90+ chapters boku no hero has yet to have stand out arc and it's still following the template set by past shounen super closley.

Toei did much better job adapting world trigger overall then Bones did for boku no hero, they fumbled at the start but as they start pump more talent into the show that contined to pump out there A game, it kept getting with every passing episode, by the episode first arc it became long string of exciting amazing & clever episodes.

They actually had much strong episode directors and the lead staff actually gave a shit to actually director and animate there own episodes (unlike umikoshi that couldn't be bothered to animated anything in boku no hero and the serise director didn't directly direct a single episode).

Just wanted to say that after I read this I went and actually read World Trigger, and dude you are SERIOUSLY overhyping it. It does some fun stuff, but it falls into a ton of genre pitfalls. Little stuff, mostly, but it's not some kind of super unique flower. Mostly it's just a battle manga with a sports manga structure to the combat. Fun, but not the second coming by any stretch. Definitely think MHA is better written.

This. MHA just got a 13 episode run from the word go. S2 is inevitable, but there's no space in the schedule for it at its current timeslot. Next year at the earliest.
I would say S3 is inevitable too, which is nice. Maybe yearly series is the plan? I get the impression everybody has filler fatigue from the old big 3, so they probably want to avoid that.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This. MHA just got a 13 episode run from the word go. S2 is inevitable, but there's no space in the schedule for it at its current timeslot. Next year at the earliest.

Who said it was keeping its current timeslot? The anime had terrible broadcast ratings.

tru

Can we all at least agree that the only truly terrible big-name shonen currently running is Black Clover?

(Bleach doesn't count 'cause in my head it's been over since they beat Aizen)

I actually like Black Clover. I find its cast of characters fun and will they are simple and even more *by the book shonen trope* then anything ever, they are likeable.

The art is nice and The fights are cool too. Nobody can complain Black Clover lacks actions moments.

It's great easy entertainment!

I actually like Black Clover. I find its cast of characters fun and will they are simple and even more *by the book shonen trope* then anything ever, they are likeable.

The art is nice and The fights are cool too. Nobody can complain Black Clover lacks actions moments.

It's great easy entertainment!

booooooo

It's just off-brand Fairy Tail, which wasn't that hot to start with!

booooooo

It's just off-brand Fairy Tail, which wasn't that hot to start with!

For the moment I find Black Clover way more interesting then Fairy Tail but we will see how it develops. Sometimes simplicity with a great art style is all I need to be enjoying a manga or anime.

Also Asta and Yuno are pretty cool.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm so excited for the OST next week.

tumblr_o547dunNjO1shff2jo2_400.gif

Angel_DvA

For the moment I find Black Clover way more interesting then Fairy Tail but we will see how it develops. Sometimes simplicity with a great art style is all I need to be enjoying a manga or anime.

Also Asta and Yuno are pretty cool.

Is Black Cover will have an anime adaptation soon or it's too early ?

MHA supposedly had the worst ratings on the channel in history :(

Awful to hear. I think MHA would be HUGE on Toonami, so hopefully it gets put there after One-Punch Man. Maybe this will become a case where Western fans support the show more than Japanese fans.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
tfw you realize Season 2 doesn't have a release date yet.

9f8462a5745714b080b33e90f2198831.jpg

cntr

Banned
For what it's worth, Jump adaptations are made to sell the manga, not to be popular on their own; that's why we're getting a Season 2.

The only exceptions are things like Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, or classic series like Mazinger Z or Dragonball

Kickz

Let's not get crazy here. Naruto isn't even in the same league as Hunter x Hunter.

Early Naruto before Sasuke runs away is on par, but after that it falls off the face of the earth. Hunter x Hunter is far more consistently good and way better overall though

cntr

Banned
From Bones' schedule, I'd expect it around Fall.

We're finally getting to the really good arcs! The pacing should be infinitely better, too!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Bones is still animating. Lets hope they bring their A game this time. There are 2 big moments in this season they really have to nail.

They really knocked it out of the park with Mob Psycho 100 so its totally possible. Not sure whose working on what these days though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom