• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My invention hit it big so now I'm gonna buy a couple of McMansions

Leatherface

OP that looks like a solid product. I will probably buy one! Haha. Cheers bud! Enjoy the fruits of your hard work. 🙂

Sarcasm

No sarcasm. I find it interesting that two places can be so different.

In this part of the world there are even many variations of the same thing. While over there I guess it never existed heh.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
No sarcasm. I find it interesting that two places can be so different.

In this part of the world there are even many variations of the same thing. While over there I guess it never existed heh.

please search some examples out for me. Now, you have my curiosity...

and thanks to us living in a non-globalized world then! People also have to realize there's opportunities around every corner. Some opportunities could be localizing something that doesn't exist in your part of the world but that's killing it elsewhere. The dudes who brought ratchet belts to North America (ie Mission Belts, etc.) basically took an eastern concept that was around for a long time and just brought it here with quality packaging & marketing. Millionaires now.

Sarcasm

please search some examples out for me. Now, you have my curiosity...

and thanks to us living in a non-globalized world then! People also have to realize there's opportunities around every corner. Some opportunities could be localizing something that doesn't exist in your part of the world but that's killing it elsewhere. The dudes who brought ratchet belts to North America (ie Mission Belts, etc.) basically took an eastern concept that was around for a long time and just brought it here with quality packaging & marketing. Millionaires now.

Dude I ain't hating. I even linked your inventory to my family in the states. They probably will be more then a few.

I was just commenting on the vast different like, situations. Not dogging your invention. It is just interesting the vast difference between back home and where I live. Like how dishwashers are viewed as a waste here lol. That view hasn't changed for 5+ years I have been here. Then I see stuff where I thought, why did I never thought of that, which I relay back home.

Just because it exists somewhere else doesn't mean it is bad, it didn't exist where you at =p.

Also I can't read too much of the local language to even find it online for you

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Dude I ain't hating. I even linked your inventory to my family in the states. They probably will be more then a few.

I was just commenting on the vast different like, situations. Not dogging your invention. It is just interesting the vast difference between back home and where I live. Like how dishwashers are viewed as a waste here lol. That view hasn't changed for 5+ years I have been here. Then I see stuff where I thought, why did I never thought of that, which I relay back home.

Just because it exists somewhere else doesn't mean it is bad, it didn't exist where you at =p.

Also I can't read too much of the local language to even find it online for you

I'm not hating at all :) I'm genuinely curious about other types of iterations/solutions out there for drain protection. If you ever do come across pictures, please relay if you can. Thanks!

Well, looky here.

IMG_20160830_223347_1.jpg

Congrats again, OP!

toneroni

Awesome invention OP! Think I might pick up one also.
Now that you have a hit, try to keep the momentum going but after you take a nice vacay.

Prax

Just ordered a couple with a couple of sink ones! Cleaning grates is so disgusting...

I have a cup-grate/sieve thing in my tub, and i have to periodically dig at it with a toothbrush DURING my shower to pull out my own hairs to keep the water flowing.. So gross. At least with this, I can do it after the shower since it will keep the waterflow/drainage clear.

My cousin introduced my other cousin to the TubShroom and I thought it was a neat idea. It being form a Gaffer makes it all the cooler. lol

Platy

Thread is weird ... feel like a mix of "look at this crazy thing" with .... "congrats on the sex", but with more money and wet hair xD

Congrats OP !

Spend your money wisely

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Can't wait to contact a factory in China tomorrow to make near exact replicas of the tub shrimp but sell them 1 dollar cheaper. I'll be rich!

Congrats!

My aunt is also trying to start up a business after getting laid off recently .

She's in her 50's but she works hard .
So far she's doing okay .

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
update:

Got to meet the billion dollar man himsef, Bob Circosta, today for our HSN American Dreams Shoot. He's a really cool dude and just loves to sell...
IMG_3654.jpg

Thankfully, we sold out (online and off) so there's a good chance they'll run future segments on TubShroom. It was my first time on anything so I was definitely nervous, but those two are just pros. It's pretty crazy how one of the screens you're looking at has the real time call and sales data while you're out there filming live. It's like a neogaf sales charts dream come true if it was only on video games or movies haha. here's the link to the full segment:

HSN TubShroom Segment

I actually have one of these, but the design is a little different. It sits in the drain like a cup, is full of holes, and it's made of metal. The hair pools in the bottom and you have to dig it out with your finger and it FUCKING SUCKS AND I HATE IT. Especially since most of my roommates have been girls and my GF just moved in with me and her hair gets all over the place.

I'm totally buying one of these OP. I'm even considering removing the pull-stopper mechanism from my bathroom sink to buy the SinkShroom too. I gotta say BathShroom is a way better name though ehehehe but still!! Congrats on your success and may you have many more in the future! I'm probably gonna get one for my landlady too, our houses are connected and I'm almost certain she has the same type of drain and if she has the same shitty fucking metal cup as I do then I'm sure this will be a god send to her as well.

Can't wait to see what your next project is!!

egruntz

shelaughz
I actually have one of these, but the design is a little different. It sits in the drain like a cup, is full of holes, and it's made of metal. The hair pools in the bottom and you have to dig it out with your finger and it FUCKING SUCKS AND I HATE IT. Especially since most of my roommates have been girls and my GF just moved in with me and her hair gets all over the place

You're describing a standard strainer...aren't you? This is why OP created his product, to address the pains of the everyday strainer.

Congrats on the success OP.

TissueBox

Congratz OP, the American Dream indeed starts here!! Time for a well-deserved, rich, not-too-expensive box of American dream pizza.

You're describing a standard strainer...aren't you? This is why OP created his product, to address the pains of the everyday strainer.

Congrats on the success OP.
Oh! I didn't watch the commercial so I thought they just happened to be similar designs. But yes I guess that what I have is just a standard strainer and I hate it and it's awful and OP's product is better in every way.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. This forum is really one of the best communities that I've come across on the internet. Can't say enough about that.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my lunch was just delivered...

NwqsK.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
Sorry if this has already been covered in here, open_mouth_, but how did you go about applying for your patent(s)? A friend of mine is trying to get an idea off the ground and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. This forum is really one of the best communities that I've come across on the internet. Can't say enough about that.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my lunch was just delivered...

NwqsK.jpg

Hey man, slow down. Don't let your success get to your head. Who knows if your ready to dine like this yet?!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Sorry if this has already been covered in here, open_mouth_, but how did you go about applying for your patent(s)? A friend of mine is trying to get an idea off the ground and would appreciate any advice.

A cost effective solution for us has been thoughtstopaper.com

They are professional, very reasonably priced, and do good work. If your friend's idea is a new type of function/process then a provisional utility patent is the way to go so it gives him/her a year's time to decide whether to convert that into a full utility patent (which costs a lot more). That's the route we took. That 1 year gives you enough time to decide whether the idea is worth the time/effort/resources to continue with.

And he or she should trademark the name as soon as they firmly lock a name down. It's relatively inexpensive (compared to the patent process) and it's absolutely vital against brand knock-offs.

Good luck to him/her!!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Only the truest McMansion will suffice.

7621549064_9560f506c0_c.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey dude I just read the first page of this thread I want to caution you about buying too much unnecessary crap and creating a lifetime of debt that you have to work to pay off. IMO the best move from here is to live modestly and invest your cash so that it keeps growing and you never have to work again.

You should offer a buy back program for folks to send in the wet hair for $$ which you can then sell to wig makers once you fill a barrel for a profit.

Then you can order a double mcmansion with cheese!

Top Bottom