• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My launch ps5 is dead

John Wick

It helps to actually read my post:

Also if you don't have integrated graphics (because that's going to be your next complaint), you can buy any cheap ass gpu from amazon to at least regain access to the pc.

I don't get it either, show me where I keep on insisting and where this hypothetical $2000 dollar machine came from. 🤔
OK your $500 PS5 beating PC.......

OK your $500 PS5 beating PC.......
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Sir, this topic is about hardware failure

M1987

I'd suggest that anyone in the UK get their consoles insured with someone like Domestic and General after the twelve month warranty runs out. As others have said try official routes first as you never know.
Have you got a link? just checked Domestic and General and I can't see anything about consoles

Have you got a link? just checked Domestic and General and I can't see anything about consoles
My girlfriend got it covered so I'll ask her in the morning sorry. I checked there website myself and couldn't see anything. It might be best to just ring them and ask them.

Corndog

Banned
I can assure you, you probably have more latency with the PS5 and Xbox than GeForce Now with specific games. And I am subbed to the 3080 Tier. I don't miss console gaming one bit and on top of that, I feel that I have a more superior experience than "console" ones by maxing out every setting and playing on either 2K 120 FPS or 4K 60 FPS consistently with FSR and DLSS implementations, Ray Tracing, HDR and 7.1 Surround Sound. Your perception is pretty faulty along with probable shit internet. Anyways, I can't explain the service to you plebs, so I would expect you to experience it on ethernet on your own. It's literally magic.

Anyways, good luck!

You Will be a Conservative!

Anyways, I see you as the mobile gamer, neither did I attack anyone or even the OP, I just shared my thought perception. Not going to derail the thread anymore. Mods, delete if you want.
I think people should play however they like. If that’s the cloud then great. If it’s a physical device then that’s great too. As long as both are offered.

jaysius

Banned
Knock off the fake concern. He told you he didn’t.
I asked and he didn't answer "PLEASE" is not a definitive answer.

Many people jam their PS5s into small spaces.

IF this is what happened the user needs to not do that in the future to prevent this from happening.

PS5s do randomly die, but they're extremely well designed. Possible user error needs to be corrected OR when they get it back this will happen again.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

🥲 Good luck fren. This is why I stopped buying hardware in general. I've become a huge Cloud advocate for those who can afford the internet speeds and a TV. Not my hardware, not my problem. Its been very easy for me since 2 years now. Either way, good luck, hopefully you have warranty and it can be replaced.
What cloud service lets you stream games on the TV without a pc or some sort of connection device?
And even then you need a good TV with freesync and all the shenanigans... does not compute.

gamer82

If your in the uk you have 5/6 years of protection you just need to challange sony i expect they will want you to pay near console cost to fix the issue it
Otherwise

Corndog

Banned
I asked and he didn't answer "PLEASE" is not a definitive answer.

Many people jam their PS5s into small spaces.

IF this is what happened the user needs to not do that in the future to prevent this from happening.

PS5s do randomly die, but they're extremely well designed. Possible user error needs to be corrected OR when they get it back this will happen again.
Bullcrap. It was perfectly clear what he meant.

Fahdis

What cloud service lets you stream games on the TV without a pc or some sort of connection device?
And even then you need a good TV with freesync and all the shenanigans... does not compute.

GeForce Now (just letting you know of the features):

- Your own Games licenses on Steam, Epic, Origins, Ubisoft and Gog.
- A Computer you may already have, I have an Apple M1 Mac.
- Your phone because all of us have those; I have a S22 Ultra.
- A Shield TV for $99 if you really want some form of hardware for the superior .H265 codec. Also has Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, HDR 10+.
- Dual Shock 4 or Xbox Controller that I had from last gen. Games with Nvidia Reflex and Adaptive Sync.
- LG C1 and C2 for 1080P Beta gaming are enough. All you need is the App, Controller and 25 Mbytes internet.
- Your instances are an A10G; somewhere between a 3080 and 3090 with 24 GB vRam. With a 3955x Threadripper.

Leyasu

Banned
Good news everyone! Le fnac will pay for the repairs.

The not so good news is that the process takes up to 6 weeks.

Thank you all for your kind words and now it’s time for waiting.
Did you need to mention the DGCCRF or did they just say that they would take care of it under the warranty?

BlackTron

I can assure you, you probably have more latency with the PS5 and Xbox than GeForce Now with specific games. And I am subbed to the 3080 Tier. I don't miss console gaming one bit and on top of that, I feel that I have a more superior experience than "console" ones by maxing out every setting and playing on either 2K 120 FPS or 4K 60 FPS consistently with FSR and DLSS implementations, Ray Tracing, HDR and 7.1 Surround Sound. Your perception is pretty faulty along with probable shit internet. Anyways, I can't explain the service to you plebs, so I would expect you to experience it on ethernet on your own. It's literally magic.

Anyways, good luck!

You Will be a Conservative!

Anyways, I see you as the mobile gamer, neither did I attack anyone or even the OP, I just shared my thought perception. Not going to derail the thread anymore. Mods, delete if you want.

I was gonna stay out of this but I genuinely want to know what games have MORE latency on a local console than Geforce Now?

I was thinking that it's good that we have options and it's perfectly fine that cloud has become a viable one for many, even if it hasn't totally supplanted local hardware for everyone, for reasons such as this -maybe the user does not play games where it matters that much, or is not that sensitive to latency issues.

My take on cloud it's that it's actually useful for certain applications, like trying out massive single player games where latency doesn't really matter. For example Assassin's Creed Origins just went on Gamepass and I decided to stream it to give the game a spin without waiting instead of taking up 80 gigs and I don't think, from a gameplay standpoint, it makes any difference with its PS2 style combat -a giant open world collectathon loaded with cinematics. If you think I'm streaming Halo Infinite multiplayer though you're insane.

But now you are assuring me that some games have BETTER latency on GeForce Now than a console, which would mean as an input/latency snob, I should actually "upgrade" to cloud from local hardware on games I don't want to compromise on!! Can you explain this please???

PaintTinJr

Sorry for not having read the whole thread, before asking this - I did try to skim it to check - but does your PS5 have an extra nvme drive in it? and on the off chance it does, did you try removing the nvme ssd and trying again. Only reason I ask is even a PC will flat-out refuse to attempt any type of boot with a completely dead sata/nvme attached - making it look like a dead power supply situation.

I imagine that isn't the case for you OP, but for anyone else experience the same situation that has an nvme install, I would suggest that additional test.

The thread has me slightly worried about my launch PS5, as it has a really noisy UHD drive when gaming, and even when the drive shuts off, The system is still a little too loud for late night gaming - when availability improves I'm probably going to buy a newer revision at the earliest opportunity.

But now you are assuring me that some games have BETTER latency on GeForce Now than a console, which would mean as an input/latency snob, I should actually "upgrade" to cloud from local hardware on games I don't want to compromise on!! Can you explain this please???
What he's saying is impossible in an apples to apples comparison, because there's no way to avoid round trip latency, which will also be dependent on your distance to the datacenter, in ms (and not your connection speed as many believe).
So yes if you have a console game at 60hz, but you compare it to geforce now at 120hz, the geforce now stream might have very slightly less input latency, at ideal distance (16-20ms).
This completely falls apart if you compare both at the same hz, or if your distance to the datacenter in ms is just larger than the ideal.

BlackTron

What he's saying is impossible in an apples to apples comparison, because there's no way to avoid round trip latency, which will also be dependent on your distance to the datacenter, in ms (and not your connection speed as many believe).
So yes if you have a console game at 60hz, but you compare it to geforce now at 120hz, the geforce now stream might have very slightly less input latency, at ideal distance (16-20ms).
This completely falls apart if you compare both at the same hz, or if your distance to the datacenter in ms is just larger than the ideal.

I'm aware of what you're saying, but I wanted to give him a chance to explain his interpretation of it.

I'm not that genuinely optimistic that I'm going to receive information that will allow me to reduce latency lol.

ANIMAL1975

GeForce Now (just letting you know of the features):

- Your own Games licenses on Steam, Epic, Origins, Ubisoft and Gog.
- A Computer you may already have, I have an Apple M1 Mac.
- Your phone because all of us have those; I have a S22 Ultra.
- A Shield TV for $99 if you really want some form of hardware for the superior .H265 codec. Also has Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, HDR 10+.
- Dual Shock 4 or Xbox Controller that I had from last gen. Games with Nvidia Reflex and Adaptive Sync.
- LG C1 and C2 for 1080P Beta gaming are enough. All you need is the App, Controller and 25 Mbytes internet.
- Your instances are an A10G; somewhere between a 3080 and 3090 with 24 GB vRam. With a 3955x Threadripper.
So you need hardware that can dye on you like OP ps5

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Sorry for not having read the whole thread, before asking this - I did try to skim it to check - but does your PS5 have an extra nvme drive in it? and on the off chance it does, did you try removing the nvme ssd and trying again. Only reason I ask is even a PC will flat-out refuse to attempt any type of boot with a completely dead sata/nvme attached - making it look like a dead power supply situation.

I imagine that isn't the case for you OP, but for anyone else experience the same situation that has an nvme install, I would suggest that additional test.

The thread has me slightly worried about my launch PS5, as it has a really noisy UHD drive when gaming, and even when the drive shuts off, The system is still a little too loud for late night gaming - when availability improves I'm probably going to buy a newer revision at the earliest opportunity.

Nope, no additional ssd, no usb drive, never made any noise it shouldn’t be doing, whisper quiet.

Until that fateful night after cleaning out Sellia and the area boss it gave up.

PaintTinJr

Nope, no additional ssd, no usb drive, never made any noise it shouldn’t be doing, whisper quiet.

Until that fateful night after cleaning out Sellia and the area boss it gave up.
Hopefully it isn't the internal storage that's died and it is just a faulty fan that's gone - open circuit -hence why it doesn't even try to boot and then shutdown, which is sort of what I'd expect if the system was previously silent in operation.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hopefully it isn't the internal storage that's died and it is just a fault fan that's gone - open circuit -hence why it doesn't even try to boot and then shutdown, which is sort of what I'd expect if the system was previously silent in operation.

To be honest, all the stored data is gone… Sony just wipes out the ssd and you get a refurbished console with an empty ssd.

Fahdis

I was gonna stay out of this but I genuinely want to know what games have MORE latency on a local console than Geforce Now?

I was thinking that it's good that we have options and it's perfectly fine that cloud has become a viable one for many, even if it hasn't totally supplanted local hardware for everyone, for reasons such as this -maybe the user does not play games where it matters that much, or is not that sensitive to latency issues.

My take on cloud it's that it's actually useful for certain applications, like trying out massive single player games where latency doesn't really matter. For example Assassin's Creed Origins just went on Gamepass and I decided to stream it to give the game a spin without waiting instead of taking up 80 gigs and I don't think, from a gameplay standpoint, it makes any difference with its PS2 style combat -a giant open world collectathon loaded with cinematics. If you think I'm streaming Halo Infinite multiplayer though you're insane.

Great questions by the way. Here is an article you can check that share my sentiments including the latency tests.

Eurogamer Article with Latency Tests

I am telling you in personal detail that you have to try the service within the highest tier to make you a believer. I was a skeptic too until I tried it. The free tier is ass and is not an indication of how amazing this service really is. The only actual con is that not all publishers have opted in. Honestly, I would never buy a gaming computer ever again.

R Reizo Ryuu is technically also correct. But its a lot more consistent than his skeptical take.

I also happen to live near a data center so my fiber optics line has a 7-8 ms latency overall with ethernet. Let me know what you think, eager to get your opinion :).

So you need hardware that can dye on you like OP ps5

Not if you have any new LG OLED TV's or any old computer sitting around. Of course you need some form of hardware, but its inexpensive shit you can literally throw away, minus the TV's of course. I still wouldn't buy a PS5 or Consoles for a few reasons:

- Monetized Online
- No Regional Stores
- Expensive Games without any promise of BC for next gen (poor implementation outside of Xbox).
- Subjectively Inferior Experience in terms of Visual Fidelity (the Cloud does have artifacting in some cases that Hardware does not, but the smaller your screen, the less notable).
- RTX and AI enhancing tech like DLSS or FSR not being implemented properly.
- PC has both MS and Sony on board. Why would I want to buy a console? I can wait for their newer games since I don't have impulse buying and can wait for sales on Steam.
- PC storefronts give out free keys or games ALLLLL the time.

I switched to PC in 2017. Master Race for a reason. I am not against options for anyone. If people love their ecosystems. I am happy for them wherever they play their games.

But I think people are really underestimating new contemporary technologies. They might be laughing at me today, but I'm an early adopter :) see you guys on my side in 10 years.

Last edited:

ANIMAL1975

Great questions by the way. Here is an article you can check that share my sentiments including the latency tests.

I am telling you in personal detail that you have to try the service within the highest tier to make you a believer. I was a skeptic too until I tried it. The free tier is ass and is not an indication of how amazing this service really is. The only actual con is that not all publishers have opted in. Honestly, I would never buy a gaming computer ever again.

R Reizo Ryuu is technically also correct. But its a lot more consistent than his skeptical take.

I also happen to live near a data center so my fiber optics line has a 7-8 ms latency overall with ethernet. Let me know what you think, eager to get your opinion :).

Not if you have any new LG OLED TV's or any old computer sitting around. Of course you need some form of hardware, but its inexpensive shit you can literally throw away, minus the TV's of course. I still wouldn't buy a PS5 or Consoles for a few reasons:

- Monetized Online
- No Regional Stores
- Expensive Games without any promise of BC for next gen (poor implementation outside of Xbox).
- Subjectively Inferior Experience in terms of Visual Fidelity (the Cloud does have artifacting in some cases that Hardware does not, but the smaller your screen, the less notable).
- RTX and AI enhancing tech like DLSS or FSR not being implemented properly.
- PC has both MS and Sony on board. Why would I want to buy a console? I can wait for their newer games since I don't have impulse buying and can wait for sales on Steam.
- PC storefronts give out free keys or games ALLLLL the time.

I switched to PC in 2017. Master Race for a reason. I am not against options for anyone. If people love their ecosystems. I am happy for them wherever they play their games.

But I think people are really underestimating new contemporary technologies. They might be laughing at me today, but I'm an early adopter :) see you guys on my side in 10 years.
I'm not laughing at you or going against you, i love my Playstation and i also love and subscribe its streaming service, PSNow.
I'm an early adopter also and despite its flaws, i love the convenience and innovation of streaming a game not depending upon the hardware you have, but that's the point _ you need hardware! Whether it is a sheep streaming or an expensive gaming TV, you need them and they can fail on you. And that's why i disagreed and reply to your first post saying that you left hardware gaming (or something like that) and became a only streaming gamer to avoid situations like OPs dead ps5. We are a long way of from hardware free streaming (if it's even possible) and if your box or TV dyes you simply can't play either like OP if he only has a PS5.

assurdum

Banned
As I said months before launch, it's an overengineered pos. I feel you. Mine is acting funny from time to time during gameplay, and I wouldn't be too surprised if that happened to me at some point, too. I get the frustration. Me personally, I'd stick with the platform and accept the annoyances. Maybe we got another 360 situation on our hands in a year or so when this genious liquid metal cooling solution shits the bed left and right.
Listen genius launch sku typically has such issue in many stocks. If it was the same situation of the 360 , don't worry, you would heard a lot more similar reports, months ago on the net.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I have to admit I wasn't expecting to find that any game running in the cloud would have better latency than on a native console, but there it is. It all points to streaming being a lot more viable than I thought, but there are still a lot of caveats here.

First, while this is a good look for streaming, it's also a failure of Xbox. Geforce Now got 81.7ms latency on Destiny 2 compared to 85ms on Series X. Meanwhile on a PC it was only 49ms. So while their claim that some games get better input lag than Series X is legit, and it's due to real progress in cloud service, Xbox has also made it easy to market that claim.

Because 85 and 81.7ms are so close, a case could be made that you could use Destiny 2 on Series X as an example of what you must be able to tolerate to deal with cloud service. Anyone who has played it might say "uh, that's it?"

It sounds to me like you are in the best-use-case scenario. Close to datacenter, not sweating exclusives too much, and able to deal with a few hiccups. For me cloud is just yet another of many gaming options. In the same way I would not get rid of my DS because I got a Playstation. I wouldn't categorically ditch hardware that's good at a bunch of other things because of a cloud service. I can see it working for a minimalist grown ass man though, believe me I get it lol.

Edit: They didn't get into the input device they used. I can't help but wonder if PC was so much lower than Xbox because it was wired mouse and keyboard, while the console used its stock wireless controller. I wish there was some way to make sure we're keeping as many apples, apples and oranges oranges here. The primary use of my XSX is Halo Infinite using a wired m/kb so now I'm REALLY wondering about this, should I have just waited to upgrade my video card in the first place or is it the controller doing this??!!

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Nah, this started before it got warm outside. I've got serious coil whine, and on top of that the fan has started making a noise like it's hitting something. It's not that there's more fan noise, it's making a NEW noise.

I do have cats though (well, I did, just one cat now 😞). So yeah, should probably try opening it up.
You never know. Might be a roach ;)

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
This is why it's not a good idea to buy a console at launch. I got my Series S a year or so after it came out and i've had no problems so far
when will people learn that when you buy at launch, you're essentially making yourself a guinea pig??? Put the hype aside, and wait a couple months, or even years. It's not like there's many PS5 exclusives you can't already play on a PS4 with worse performance anyways

rnlval

Yea, things that can be replaced with ease. Besides, why do people get so pissed with options. I don't want to buy a $1500 GPU or a $500 console, when I have the same quality experience with a $50 or $100 sub annually on a Gig internet. Besides, I don't have space for those fucking huge Foreman Grills or Minecraft 2x Cubes when my choice of hardware is an App online.

PS5 GPU is in the RX 6600 XT (10.6 TFLOPS) class. RX 6700 XT (12 TFLOPS) has $479 USD price range.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Glad to hear that youll be able to get it repaired. Is lefrac a store?

Reading the broken console thread I had forgotten you could flip the psx upside down and it would work if the disc wasn't reading correctly.

Ridge Racer!

Fnac is an European retail chain.

Fahdis

I have to admit I wasn't expecting to find that any game running in the cloud would have better latency than on a native console, but there it is. It all points to streaming being a lot more viable than I thought, but there are still a lot of caveats here.

First, while this is a good look for streaming, it's also a failure of Xbox. Geforce Now got 81.7ms latency on Destiny 2 compared to 85ms on Series X. Meanwhile on a PC it was only 49ms. So while their claim that some games get better input lag than Series X is legit, and it's due to real progress in cloud service, Xbox has also made it easy to market that claim.

Because 85 and 81.7ms are so close, a case could be made that you could use Destiny 2 on Series X as an example of what you must be able to tolerate to deal with cloud service. Anyone who has played it might say "uh, that's it?"

It sounds to me like you are in the best-use-case scenario. Close to datacenter, not sweating exclusives too much, and able to deal with a few hiccups. For me cloud is just yet another of many gaming options. In the same way I would not get rid of my DS because I got a Playstation. I wouldn't categorically ditch hardware that's good at a bunch of other things because of a cloud service. I can see it working for a minimalist grown ass man though, believe me I get it lol.

Edit: They didn't get into the input device they used. I can't help but wonder if PC was so much lower than Xbox because it was wired mouse and keyboard, while the console used its stock wireless controller. I wish there was some way to make sure we're keeping as many apples, apples and oranges oranges here. The primary use of my XSX is Halo Infinite using a wired m/kb so now I'm REALLY wondering about this, should I have just waited to upgrade my video card in the first place or is it the controller doing this??!!

Thanks for your input, I really enjoyed reading it. As far as your last query. I am not sure but the educated guess is specifically PC with mk/b, Xbox with a Controller and GeForce Now also with mk/b. I actually use a controller and don't feel any difference with console parity but then again as you said, I may be the exception and not the rule for my cloud setup. And yes I am a minimalist ;).

PS5 GPU is in the RX 6600 XT (10.6 TFLOPS) class. RX 6700 XT (12 TFLOPS) has $479 USD price range.

That's just the GPU for hardware, you need the rest of your PC to play. Also, I prefer Nvidia over AMD cards.

BlackTron

Thanks for your input, I really enjoyed reading it. As far as your last query. I am not sure but the educated guess is specifically PC with mk/b, Xbox with a Controller and GeForce Now also with mk/b. I actually use a controller and don't feel any difference with console parity but then again as you said, I may be the exception and not the rule for my cloud setup. And yes I am a minimalist ;).

That's my guess as well. Which means input device is having a huge effect on these numbers. I can't believe they don't even mention it. Would have been better to use a wired controller in all cases to create a standard.

When Nvidia says Geforce Now is faster than Xbox for some games, are they really saying that a PC with a mouse and keyboard has lower latency than a Xbox with a wireless controller?

I can't help but wonder what my results would be using a m/kb plugged directly into the mobo, playing the same game natively on PC, then on that same PC through cloud, then the same game with the same mouse/kb plugged directly into my Series X on the same display. If you change your input method on the same device it can drastically change ms delay, so their tests aren't that impressive, like something obvious went over their heads.

The fact that cloud is even close enough to have this conversation is still an accomplishment and makes it "good enough" for a lot of people's needs. The fact that my questions go unanswered should not take away from this lol.

rnlval

That's just the GPU for hardware, you need the rest of your PC to play. Also, I prefer Nvidia over AMD cards.
The argument was "I don't want to buy a $1500 GPU or a $500 console".

Any X86-64 PC with 8 cores and AVX 2 is sufficient since PS5 has a lower Zen 2 clock speed i.e. 3.2 GHz.

5kauFUS.png

Ryzen 5 5600G has six Zen 3 CPU cores with 50% instruction load and 100% instruction store improvements, hence six Zen 3 cores rival 8 cores Zen 2s.

Multi-core CPU Load-Store scaling can run into memory bandwidth bottlenecks, hence improvements such as large 3D cache, DDR5 (e.g. Ryzen 7000, Intel Anderlake), and server-scale CPU IO (Ryzen Threadripper).

Ryzen 4700S are recovered PS5 APUs with disabled(defective) iGPU SKUs that are being sold into the PC market.

NVIDIA has RTX Ampere counterpart SKUs for AMD's RX 6600 XT, RX 6750XT, and RX 6700 XT. I also prefer NVIDIA RTX Ampere GPUs e.g. I have RTX 3070 Ti (GA104, MSI Supreme X model for living room PC) and RTX 3080 Ti (GA102, MSI Trio GX model for gaming PC), but AMD RDNA 2 GPUs are also good GPU offerings.

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#c=497,513,494,508,506&sort=price

RTX 3060 Ti VENTUS 2X 8G OCV1 LHR has $499.99.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/msi-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-gaming-x-trio/33.html

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

$499 RTX 3060 Ti is beating Xbox Series X's RTX 2080 target level.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
$499 RTX 3060 Ti is beating Xbox Series X's RTX 2080 target level.
So if I go spend 499 right now I can have a better than Series X PC?

Just buy the card and plug games into it? Or do I need other parts on top of that? And what do they cost?

rnlval

So if I go spend 499 right now I can have a better than Series X PC?

Just buy the card and plug games into it? Or do I need other parts on top of that? And what do they cost?
Again, any X86-64 desktop PC with 8 cores and AVX 2 is sufficient since PS5 has a lower Zen 2 clock speed i.e. 3.2 GHz.

Desktop PC purchases can attract tax offsets i.e. business PCs have their subsidy methods. For the US, read https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/deducting-computers-bought-work.html

Similar to the US, Australia also has tax offsets for purchasing a desktop PC. https://topaccountants.com.au/tax-d...mputer cost under,years as per ATO guidelines.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Again, any X86-64 desktop PC with 8 cores and AVX 2 is sufficient since PS5 has a lower Zen 2 clock speed i.e. 3.2 GHz. Desktop PC purchases can attract tax offsets.
Not in Canada, unless you are self employed or own a business.

Even in countries where you can use them I can't see a retail employee buying a home PC and ofsetting it dollar for dollar. What does a Walmart clerk need an 8 core PC at home that's work related?

So realistically, if a person has no PC what should they expect to pay on top of that 499 card? Out of pocket and not trying to offset taxes?

Last edited:

rnlval

Not in Canada, unless you are self employed or own a business.

Even in countries where you can use them I can't see a retail employee buying a home PC and ofsetting it dollar for dollar. What does a Walmart clerk need an 8 core PC at home that's work related?

So realistically, if a person has no PC what should they expect to pay on top of that 499 card? Out of pocket and not trying to offset taxes?
For Australia, https://topaccountants.com.au/tax-d...mputer cost under,years as per ATO guidelines.

Top Bottom