• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My little brother beats me up what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call the cops next time this happens. Your brother needs court ordered anger management now. Let's say you fight him off, how would you feel about yourself if you could have nipped this behavior in the bud and he goes off and abuses a girlfriend/wife/child?

It's going to escalate, that's how abusive people work. He will keep coming at you until one of you (and it sounds like it will be you) is unconscious or dead.

kamspy

AlphaNoid said:
I laughed at this, your little brother beats you up? know why? its not because you're smaller its because he has NO respect for you.

all little brothers respect their older bro, so you done fucked up somewhere along the line. learn how to get respect back and your problem is gone.

weaseled dick your way out by calling for help and he will never respect you, never...because you can't face him like a man...like an older brother.

Probably isn't the nicest way of saying it, but I agree with the meaning of this post.

There was a period of time when my little brother was in better shape than me, but he still couldn't whup me because I was in his head as his big brother.

Mumei

Mister_Bubbles said:
Something tells me we don't want to know exactly how fuzzyreactor knows the difference between a breathing body and a dead one.

And here I wondered if I was the only one thinking this.

KaotikMind said:
You want a demonstration or something? Brothers(yes even that old) have fought for years and fighting back has always made sure that there was mutual respect between them, him going to the authorities will make him lose even more respect in his brothers eyes which in turn puts OP in a worse situation even. Fighting back IS the best way to not only gain respect, but end this. You have not proven at all why calling the cops would help him in the long run at all.

Fighting back could conceivably help; other people have mentioned that it has helped them in this topic. But it isn't the magic bullet you're pretending it is.

He's not going to earn any respect simply by fighting back - he would need to fight back and actually do enough damage to dissuade his brother from doing it again, or make him afraid. If he fights back, doesn't manage to hurt his brother, and his brother beats him worse for his impudence, he isn't going to earn more respect.

Given that he's said that his brother is 6' and is buff, and that he's 5'6" and doesn't work out, I don't exactly like his chances there. I'd think that failure is more likely than not. He'd have to get a really, really lucky shot, because I doubt he could do enough damage hitting anywhere but the face or genitals.

Mumei said:
Fighting back could conceivably help; other people have mentioned that it has helped them in this topic. But it isn't the magic bullet you're pretending it is.

He's not going to earn any respect simply by fighting back - he would need to fight back and actually do enough damage to dissuade his brother from doing it again, or make him afraid. If he fights back, doesn't manage to hurt his brother, and his brother beats him worse for his impudence, he isn't going to earn more respect.

Given that he's said that his brother is 6' and is buff, and that he's 5'6" and doesn't work out, I don't exactly like his chances there. I'd think that failure is more likely than not. He'd have to get a really, really lucky shot, because I doubt he could do enough damage hitting anywhere but the face or genitals.

I hate how people are making this about the OP. It's about his brother. Let's say OP does fight his brother and gets him to back off. His brother sounds like the type who will just find a new victim of his abusive tendencies honestly.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Get drunk with him and smoke cigarettes in your back yard and have a cathartic moment where you both realize how much you love each other and need to get over whatever hidden reason is causing him to lash out.

Drunk back yard smoking sessions are powerful in this regard.

Mumei

Devolution said:
I hate how people are making this about the OP. It's about his brother. Let's say OP does fight his brother and gets him to back off. His brother sounds like the type who will just find a new victim of his abusive tendencies honestly.

Yes, which is why he should just call the cops.

I don't see why people are so concerned about the OPs relationship with his brother and how his being send to jail will ruin their relationship. What, and physical abuse is just peachy?

Enco

So your possible options:

1. Kick him in the balls/punch him in the throat
2. Call the po po
3. Beef up and take him out
4. Use some weapons and take him out
5. Call some mercs to take him out
6. Tell your mum
7. Talk to him

Choosing the best one is up to you.

SeigO

Banned
Mumei said:
I don't see why people are so concerned about the OPs relationship with his brother and how his being send to jail will ruin their relationship. What, and physical abuse is just peachy?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think it's about preserving the relationship~ it's just the principal of the matter.

He needs to deal with his family directly, no 3rd party involvement is needed yet. So far he's just allowed the abuse to continue and he's probably encouraged the behavior by ignoring the problem instead of trying to deal with it.

If it was a step sibling/parent or a family members boyfriend that he had no relationship with sure thing call the cops asap.

AlimNassor said:
I'm 21, he's 18, he works out, he's taller than me, much taller i'm 5'6, he's 6'0 and buff. I don't see how I could possibly win. I suppose next time he hits me I'll call, but, I can't bare myself to do it...it's humiliating

And what isn't humiliating. Allowing yourself to continually be beaten because you're scared?

clav

Devolution said:
Or the OP could potentially become like his father granted the history of domestic abuse in the family with the mother.

He just hasn't succumbed to his father's actions, so in another way, he is stronger internally.

I don't understand the internet tough guy thing. Isn't this a form of trolling?

Would you honestly risk the OP's life to do something that can be potentially life ending? His brother seems like he shouldn't be in public as he can be harming others as well.

Seems like these fight back suggestions are from people who find life boring and by telling someone to do what they think is entertaining, that's how they get a kick out of life.

240px-Cain_and_Abel.jpg

slider

Jason's Ultimatum said:
If you guys fight in the house, do what Jason Bourne does: Find a rolled up magazine and hit him really hard across the face. Or find a book a beat the shit out of him with it.

In the face, like a stabbing gesture, is much better. Maybe that's what you meant. Ahh, the good ol' Millwall Brick.

If you do not want to go to the police (which you should), then file for a restraining order. It is possible to get a restraining order against someone you live with and they will be required to relocate. Although, I would say, even if you go to the police you should still get the restraining order.

There are so many ignorant people/internet tough guys in this thread that it's disgusting. Regardless of how you feel about how people should fight back/protect themselves, it's irrelevant and stupid to bring up. Even if people SHOULD fight back, the fact of the matter is that people have a RIGHT to live without malice or physical attacks against them. Fighting back will not always work, but more importantly it's not a step you should ever HAVE to take. That's why we have a system of laws and police to enforce them.

Edit:
That's not to mention the long-term repercussions of not taking action. If this guy lacks the filter to stop from assaulting his own family, what happens when he gets angry at someone on the road, or when he turns 21 (or whatever the legal age of wherever OP lives) and is a drunk, raging, violent person? Not taking action now to curb this violence is going to wind up with more people getting hurt than just OP, even if OP were to kick the living shit out of his brother.

ultron87

So if the thread title was changed to My boyfriend (or husband or father) Beats Me Up, would the response still be "just fight him yourself"?

I don't see why this should be treated any differently than any other kind of domestic abuse.

There's a big difference between brotherly fighting and constantly getting bruises and even a black eye.

bengraven

You have three choices:

1) accept it; you're the lesser man and you need to submit to the alpha
2) fight back; fight back more and more each time he fights you, no matter how hard it hurts...learn to accept pain and fight THROUGH it
3) find more clever ways to torment him to get him back...get him arrested for something he didn't do or fuck his girlfriend.

Mumei

SeigO said:
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think it's about preserving the relationship~ it's just the principal of the matter.

He needs to deal with his family directly, no 3rd party involvement is needed yet. So far he's just allowed the abuse to continue and he's probably encouraged the behavior by ignoring the problem instead of trying to deal with it.

If it was a step sibling/parent or a family members boyfriend that he had no relationship with sure thing call the cops asap.

What's the principle you're talking about that makes it okay to call the cops on an abusive step sibling or parent, but not an abusive brother?

Mumei said:

KaotikMind said:
Well sir i agree with this statement, and just for clarity fighting back will not solve everything, but it is the best solution and his brother will start backing up and respecting him more when he sees he isn't a pushover.

You were saying?

LQX

AtomHeart said:
2/4 of the posts in this threat seem to be pathetic internet tough guy bullshit.

As some of the smart people have said, call the cops.
Why is it some seem to think no one on GAF or the internet for that matter could possibly be tough or fighter from experience and give sound advise on fighting and kicking someone else ass? Some of you make it seem like the internet is filled with sniveling nerds unable to defend them self's with anything other than words.

LQX said:
Why is it some seem to think no one on GAF or the internet for that matter could possibly be tough or fighter from experience and give sound advise on fighting and kicking someone else ass? Some of you make it seem like the internet is filled with sniveling nerds unable to defend them self's with anything other than words.

For another example, check out the fantasy of what hackers are like in those PSN Hacker threads.

Unfortunately, the water table where I live is too high to have basements, so I'll never be a hacker. :(

Takuan

Both you and your brother are mentally ill. He needs to deal with his temper and you need to deal with issues of self-worth. You are literally polar opposites on the psychoses scale, judging from your posts.

Call the cops, get him help. It's either that, or he winds up raging on the wrong guy and eats a bullet.

J2 Cool

Haven't read the rest of this thread, but... Pepper spray everything in his room. His keyboard, etc, etc. Make sure to admit to it too, fuck him. Throw him nut shots randomly.

All else fails, learn a few moves. You don't need to win it in a fist fight, but if you can hold him in a move or headlock, that would be good too. Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3K-mrlYG7Y

charsace

Takuan said:
Both you and your brother are mentally ill. He needs to deal with his temper and you need to deal with issues of self-worth. You are literally polar opposites on the psychoses scale, judging from your posts.

Call the cops, get him help. It's either that, or he winds up raging on the wrong guy and eats a bullet.
How is he mentally ill? Do dudes that are beaten up by other dudes in prison have issues of self-worth? His brother has an obvious size advantage and has some training. No amount of confidence that op can possibly show would protect him from getting a beatdown.

OP can either tell someone or do something to let his brother know that he shouldn't be fucked with. Personally I would find something that would hurt the brother, but won't break a bone. I would throw a pillowcase over him and go to town with some type of weapon. If you have to be a snake ass motherfucker to get your point across then do it.

Some of you are dumb and are looking at this wrong. Forget the whole brother thing and look at the situation at the root; a bigger, trained dude is beating up a smaller dude on the regular. That is the situation. A lot of you can puff your chests out all you want, but if you were thrown into a cell with a badass dude most of the people in this thread would bitch up.

Outlaw

Banned
Dabookerman said:
I think there's enough tough guys in this thread to liberate North Korea.

And there are enough pansies here to go build a garden in North Korea that the tough guys just liberated.

charsace

Outlaw said:
And there are enough pansies here to go build a garden in North Korea that the tough guys just liberated.
Please. I highly doubt that most of the guys talking tough have actually gotten into it with a dude that is really a badass.

Takuan

charsace said:
How is he mentally ill? Do dudes that are beaten up by other dudes in prison have issues of self-worth? His brother has an obvious size advantage and has some training. No amount of confidence that op can possibly show would protect him from getting a beatdown.

OP can either tell someone or do something to let his brother know that he shouldn't be fucked with. Personally I would find something that would hurt the brother, but won't break a bone. I would throw a pillowcase over him and go to town with some type of weapon. If you have to be a snake ass motherfucker to get your point across then do it.

Some of you are dumb and are looking at this wrong. Forget the whole brother thing and look at the situation at the root; a bigger, trained dude is beating up a smaller dude on the regular. That is the situation. A lot of you can puff your chests out all you want, but if you were thrown into a cell with a badass dude most of the people in this thread would bitch up.
I think the root problem is that the guy is reluctant to do anything to address the issue because of the consequences his brother will face, despite knowing for a fact he has problems with rage.

I don't think fighting back is a viable alternative. Baby bro sounds like a monster.

Sai-kun

Banned
Sorry to hear about your situation, OP. You need to talk to your family about this, and then talk to your brother, but don't show fear or he'll call you out on it. Tell him you'll call the cops if he lays a finger on you again. And then just don't talk to him.

Or something like that. Or just call the cops.

Also lmao

HeadlessRoland
Banned
(Today, 02:23 AM)

This thread WAS good for something! What a douche :lol

Kuran

Banned
AlimNassor said:
I'm 21, he's 18, he works out, he's taller than me, much taller i'm 5'6, he's 6'0 and buff. I don't see how I could possibly win. I suppose next time he hits me I'll call, but, I can't bare myself to do it...it's humiliating
Go for his balls?

Mumei

KaotikMind said:
You were saying?

In regards to your statement, "Well sir i agree with this statement, and just for clarity fighting back will not solve everything, but it is the best solution and his brother will start backing up and respecting him more when he sees he isn't a pushover," you mean?

Same thing.

By "magic bullet" I wasn't suggesting that you thought it would solve everything. I was suggesting that you thought that the mere act of fighting back would make his brother think that he's not a pushover (essentially what you argue right there), and I don't think that's the case. His brother's going to think he's just as much of a pushover when he fights back and still gets his ass kicked.

As charsace said, his brother has a size advantage and some training; fighting back isn't going to protect him from getting beating.

Still don't see what's so complicated about the "call the cops" option.

Outlaw said:

This thread has just been filled to the brim with a bunch of dudes hopped on too much egotistical bullshit to see that the OP is honestly suffering at the hands of his physically superior and imposing brother. Instead of offering him valid advice, you insult those who are trying to help him without suggesting he do something violent in return.

Clearly I'm a fucking pansy for telling the OP his brother needs counseling and help, not to be beaten himself. But what the fuck ever.

Mistake

If it's going this far now, then it WILL get worse later. It doesn't have to be you either. Wresting between brothers is one thing, regular black eyes is another. And seeing as your brother has gotten not only the genes, but the mentality to match your father, I would seek help. Have a serious discussion with your mother, and possibly your brother if he complies. See what your mother says about the situation and go from there. If it continues then call the cops. He will get some charges, but you can get the court to send him for anger management classes. Again, this is best prevented early.

charsace

Devolution said:
This thread has just been filled to the brim with a bunch of dudes hopped on too much egotistical bullshit to see that the OP is honestly suffering at the hands of his physically superior and imposing brother. Instead of offering him valid advice, you insult those who are trying to help him without suggesting he do something violent in return.

Clearly I'm a fucking pansy for telling the OP his brother needs counseling and help, not to be beaten himself. But what the fuck ever.
The brother does need help, but how do you suggest the OP makes him get help? Bringing it up would likely end up getting him a beatdown. I am looking out for the op and don't give a fuck about his brother who uses him as a punching bag whenever the mood strikes. The OP's brother is a predator and the OP is the prey. Nothing that he can say will change how his brother views him, which won't stop the beatdowns.

The op has to fuck him up. The op has to be sneaky about it though because his brother will beat him down if he tries to do it when the brother confronts him to beat him up. IMO the op shouldn't even wait for another ass kicking, he should do something sneaky and fuck him up real good. Earlier I said he shouldn't break any bones, but breaking one of his brothers arms or legs could help him get the point across to his brother that he isn't a person to fuck with. That he isn't prey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom