• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My little brother beats me up what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
Anger issues? Works out a lot? Sounds like he might be using steroids. My cousin did, and he had the same problems.

Neki

I've learned today that to stop domestic violence, I must counter, with of course, domestic violence. Doesn't matter if I'm a boy or girl, the cops will do nothing, so I'll have to take the law into my own hands!

dream said:
Wait, I thought men fighting back against women is a bad thing because men are typically stronger.

It is wrong for the strong to pick on the weak. Men are typically stronger so people have made the blanket statement that men can never ever hit women. Also these same people are under the illusion that because women are on average, weaker, that they are significantly weaker than men and can not deal out any real/lasting physical damage. Therefore any man hitting a woman back in self defense is wrong because they were never in any real danger!

I hope some of the more inconsiderate posters didn't repel the op from returning to his thread. He's logged in recently, I wonder if any progress was made.

SwiftSketcher said:
I hope some of the more inconsiderate posters didn't repel the op from returning to his thread. He's logged in recently, I wonder if any progress was made.

He needs to call the police before more serious harm befalls him. It's a shitty situation - sure - but there arent many solutions. Call the cops - tell the parents... aaaand those are the only sane solutions.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
KaotikMind said:
Eh, we'll agree to disagree. I love how i'm being labeled a tough guy when all I said was fight back, not start fights. I'll just label this under "The Pussification Of The Modern Male" file and leave this thread to die.

Peace bitchez!

Man, that Fight Club-obsessed "pussification of the modern male" alpha male dudebro shit needs to die...

Creamwolf

Neo Member
Man the F*ck Up. Seriously, if he's that much bigger than you just play a ton of pranks on him at home and more importantly in public. Public de-pantsing is good and easy. You can get really creative and torture him intellectually as much as he does to you physically.

I can't believe the amount of people telling him to just "kick his ass and itll be fine. Really? because I'm sure if he could kick his ass, he probably would have by now, or at the very least is able to prevent getting completely fucked up by this guy.

He gets the shit beat out of him, he's smaller, and he's not going to win.

If your BROTHER is giving you black eyes and big ass bruises, for shits and giggles, thats honestly worse than some bully. Having a brother that I love and never touched me with anger, makes me sooooooo mad that people really think that brothers are "supposed" to BEAT each other that badly just for fun. Thats a seriously fucked up view on how things "should be.", IMO. Like others said, he should be standing up for his brother, who the hell care who's older, their family.

If my brother did that to me, I would instantly go fucking crazy, I am one of the nicest people anyone knows, but when people cause SENSELESS, SERIOUS violence, I feel like a different person inside, who wishes the worst shit ever, ever, upon those people. Some people might be thinking, "oh good then you'll fight back", but do you really want people like me to get abused to the point of cracking and just fucking killing someone? Because thats what happens in situations like this, when theres no winning of an everyday struggle. And don't say "hit the gym and get a black belt", because no one in this goddamn world deserves to be forced to train and fight just to live a normal life without some fuck beating them every day.

I'm almost more mad at people's attitudes in here than the situation itself.

KevinCow

Banned
Creamwolf said:
Man the F*ck Up. Seriously, if he's that much bigger than you just play a ton of pranks on him at home and more importantly in public. Public de-pantsing is good and easy. You can get really creative and torture him intellectually as much as he does to you physically.

Yes. When you have a brother who gets angry and physically beats you, the correct solution is to play pranks on him. Because that's smart.

Neki

_Isaac said:
He never came back to the thread. He was probably lying.
Or maybe his brother found this thread.

Yes. When you have a brother who gets angry and physically beats you, the correct solution is to play pranks on him. Because that's smart.
It's like people have never been a victim of physical abuse.

Raiden

Banned
Let me just say that i respect women, and some of the most strongest persons i haver ever met are women.

Thus there is no shame in hitting one.

In the face.

RSP

I know it's been 14 pages but;
16333-872010-400-278.jpg

Sirius

Hold on, where exactly did this person clarify that he's the older brother? Seems most people have just assumed it was a lil' bro beating on a bigger bro. This could be the bigger sister talking, and they've suppressed their gender to get non-biased views on the matter?

ScOULaris

Not only is the OP too much of a sissy to face up to his younger brother, but he couldn't even stick around in this thread and post updates.

What a puss.

Plant drugs in his room. Call cops. Ship him off to prison. Change genders and flee the state.

Or just break his nose. In that moment that he is dazed, use a bat and break his ribs.

Or call the cops. Charge him with assault.

Look, the OP just isn't a fighter. You can tell from all of his posts. At this point you guys are being as cruel as his brother.

Takuan

Sirius said:
Hold on, where exactly did this person clarify that he's the older brother? Seems most people have just assumed it was a lil' bro beating on a bigger bro. This could be the bigger sister talking, and they've suppressed their gender to get non-biased views on the matter?
I don't think a bigger sister would feel ashamed of getting beat up by her larger, stronger little brother.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
That's why he should call the cops. There's no shame in it.
I agree. Although you will probably have to move out, unless your parents kick him out. Cops won't do much and if he goes to prison it will be for a few months.

madmook

Y U NO UPDATE, OP?

I keep seein' this thread bumped to the first page, and damned if I can't help but see if there's been any news.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
madmook said:
Y U NO UPDATE, OP?

I keep seein' this thread bumped to the first page, and damned if I can't help but see if there's been any news.

Yah I'm surprised it hasn't been locked yet.

The moment someone says "____ physically harms me but I don't want them to go to jail", there is basically no solution for them. Jail/police are the tools society gives us to stop this from happening. If the victim rejects it, he/she can't expect there to be any other reliable method of stopping the assault, short of returning the favor and risk going to jail himself.

My advice is call the cops and put him in jail. There are tons of people who go to jail for assault. Why does this guy deserve to get away with something other people go to jail for?

Oh God this thread again. Oh God I have to post again.

-Domestic violence is not the solution to domestic violence. I'm amazed anyone in this day and age can think otherwise.

-The Police have dedicated Domestic Violence Units and special training and procedures in place to respond to the nuances of DV cases. Anyone spouting fiction that the emergency telephone response team will hang up on the victim when hearing his plight, or laugh to his face, is trapped in a cosmic whirlpool of deluded idiocy.

Modern day policing with ongoing DV cases is meant to consider safeguarding, removing the offender (through bail conditions and/or injunctions), constant risk assessment and relaying with appropriate social or vulnerable adult services. As soon as a case is flagged as Domestic, there are ususally a protocol of procedures that must be followed. Many police services are obligated to perform a serious case review every time a DV incident has escalated to a fatality, so their procedures are designed to do everything possible to reduce the chances of further violence. In my experience, most of the time the violence persists or increases is when the victim DOES NOT cooperate with the police and/or withdraws the criminal charges or the facts of their statement.

Do half the people directing the victim to plan an assault, to pull pranks, to escalate the situation against an unstable offender, actually have any experience with the nuances of DV and the statutory law enforcement obligations when dealing with such cases, at least in the country from where they are posting?

There is so much harmful bullshit in this thread, so much indeed. Its one of the most harmful threads I've ever seen on the internet, and I don't think I'm exaggerating that either.

LQX

Mama Robotnik said:
Oh God this thread again. Oh God I have to post again.

-Domestic violence is not the solution to domestic violence. I'm amazed anyone in this day and age can think otherwise.

-The Police have dedicated Domestic Violence Units and special training and procedures in place to respond to the nuances of DV cases. Anyone spouting fiction that the emergency telephone response team will hang up on the victim when hearing his plight, or laugh to his face, is trapped in a cosmic whirlpool of deluded idiocy.

Modern day policing with ongoing DV cases is meant to consider safeguarding, removing the offender (through bail conditions and/or injunctions), constant risk assessment and relaying with appropriate social or vulnerable adult services. As soon as a case is flagged as Domestic, there are ususally a protocol of procedures that must be followed. Many police services are obligated to perform a serious case review every time a DV incident has escalated to a fatality, so their procedures are designed to do everything possible to reduce the chances of further violence. In my experience, most of the time the violence persists or increases is when the victim DOES NOT cooperate with the police and/or withdraws the criminal charges or the facts of their statement.

Do half the people directing the victim to plan an assault, to pull pranks, to escalate the situation against an unstable offender, actually have any experience with the nuances of DV and the statutory law enforcement obligations when dealing with such cases, at least in the country from where they are posting?

There is so much harmful bullshit in this thread, so much indeed. Its one of the most harmful threads I've ever seen on the internet, and I don't think I'm exaggerating that either.

Are you for real? You are the reason some people get beat up because they spout crap like that. This thread is far from being one the most harmful on the internet.

LQX

Mama Robotnik said:
What are you talking about?
That fact you think this thread is one the most harmful threads you have read on the internet. How ridiculous.

LQX said:
That fact you think this thread is one the most harmful threads you have read on the internet. How ridiculous.

Its a thread in which a victim of Domestic Violence (whether real or not) is being told by many that he should never, ever report it to the police or seek external help or support under any circumstances. Its also a thread in which the victim (again, whether real or not) has been ridiculed and imasculated for being the victim in a violent family relationship. Its also a thread in which the victim has been advised to escalate the violence as if this is the be-all end-all solution to such a scenario, potentially putting him at risk of further and increased violence.

I find these responses very harmful, to the OP and any other poor individual in a similar situation. There's so much of a stigma for sibling and male DV victims reporting their circumstances and seeking help, and this thread only adds to it.

Mama Robotnik said:
There is so much harmful bullshit in this thread, so much indeed.

That has been my experience with GAF, not the best place to ask for advice, sometimes they didn't even ask for advice and users tell them what they should do. It's ok to ask about something trivial like a movie or ice cream.

@LQX Responses like "Violence ends Violence" is a good example of a harmful advice.

Bentendo

It's very possible (and likely) that he has a mental disorder. If it's possible you should try and get your parents to convince him to go to a doctor and get some help. There's no shame in having one and if he does, then the entire family must be understanding and supportive of him if you want him to get better. Do NOT tolerate his beatings, however, and if they continue, then he MUST move out of the house.

The people who are saying that this is pathetic should really STFU. If he were to try and fight back, his brother would obviously hit harder. You don't want to risk your own life, because if what you say is true... you wouldn't win. The age gap is not substantial and the brother is old enough where he could very well be stronger and bigger.

Even if they were equally matched, what good would hitting back do? You need to find alternative ways of solving this problem. If he does it again call the police. They're there to help you and will NOT view this as anything other than a serious matter.

So yeah LQX, given the response I've written above, please now inform why I am "the reason some people get beat up".

I'm genuinely interested how you can literally correlate my arguments towards an absolute increase in violence. Go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom