• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orcastar

Master Milk said:
Hmm, this page is decidedly less creepy than the last one I popped into.

So, apparently they've got a website for the fighter. Did you guys already know?

http://www.mane6.com/

I can't wait to play this.
Ooh, they have a new update and it features the best pony! But what is that book she's holding? Egghead's Guide to Fighting?

Can't wait to play it. Everything they've shown so far has been incredibly high quality.

tiff said:
Wouldn't anything MLP related be copyright infringement?

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a NeoGAF shirt either way.
An OC wouldn't be, or at least, I can't see how it would be.

So, Belle Eve on a shirt would be fine, as long as careksims doesn't mind.

Also, why wouldn't you wear a GAF shirt?

Theonik

DrForester said:
Fear not, as the keeper of pony lore I have all the important books safe.
But who is to say that you are not altering the lore in Celestia's favour?
We need proof of your objectivity to accept your archives as being accurate.

Nishastra

Banned
tiff said:
I only really post here for the subcommittees. I don't really care about GAF as a whole.
I only read it for the articles.

Personally, I don't really wear anything that's not a solid (usually dark) color any more. No logo anythings. I'll happily buy Hello Kitty wallets and ridiculous keychains and pink phones, but I prefer to keep my clothing subdued :p

CHEEZMO™ said:
Get a room, you two.
Haha.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Theonik said:
But who is to say that you are not altering the lore in Celestia's favour?
We need proof of your objectivity to accept your archives as being accurate.
He's a Celestia supporter.

He'll be altering the annals to portray her in a favourable light, one imagines.
White-washing those history books.

Nishastra

Banned
More like pink-washing.

641Nnl.png

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
She's already white, nothing to whitewash. It's the rest of you blinded by bad fanfic.

If you want proof of how nice Celestia is, just notice that, despite all the mean thing you say, she hasn't banished you to the moon.

Narag

DrForester said:
She's already white, nothing to whitewash. It's the rest of you blinded by bad fanfic.

If you want proof of how nice Celestia is, just notice that, despite all the mean thing you say, she hasn't banished you to the moon.

She has her secrets though. Neither the royal guard nor twilight knew of her phoenix. IF she has one secret, who's to say she doesn't have more?!

Ellis Kim

Banned
ahoyhoy said:
Once someone comes up with an official design template, we need a Pony-GAF member to design a unique MLP shirt. I'd prefer a more subtle design, but anything that reps Pony-GAF would be awesome.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=438373
Carek should get on that :D I'd like a subtle Belle Eve shirt, nothing prominent.

edit:
plot designs, single color $3.00
(each additional color: $2.50)

plot designs, two colors $5.50

plot design, three colors $8.00

text (1-5 lines) - one color $3.00
(each additional color: $2.50)

text (1-5 lines) - two colors $5.50

digital direct $4.50
(each additional digital direct print,
e.g. on the back: $4.50)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29550859&postcount=136

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Narag said:
Of course not when she's shuffling off evil ponies that tried to kill everything in Equestria to the moon.

Fixed, Luna's adorable, but she did try to kill everything by taking away the sun.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Narag said:
She has her secrets though. Neither the royal guard nor twilight knew of her phoenix. IF she has one secret, who's to say she doesn't have more?!

If anyone was trolling in that episode, it was Twilight, how can she not have met the royal pet....or not read Harry Potter.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ellis Kim said:
She didn't try to *kill* everyone by taking away the sun D:
Take away the sun, everything dies. There would be no more food. And then there the cold, ponies would freeze to death.

DrForester said:
Take away the sun, everything dies. There would be no more food. And then there the cold, ponies would freeze to death.
It's fortunate that Celestia is so merciful, by all rights there should have been an execution for such evil deeds.
All hail the benevolent ruler that is Celestia!

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Nocturnowl said:
It's fortunate that Celestia is so merciful, by all rights there should have been an execution for such evil deeds.
All hail the benevolent ruler that is Celestia!

You think Celestia should have killed her own sister?

You're terrible :(

Talk like that would make Fluttershy cry.

DrForester said:

You talk like there isn't a scheming council of old grouchy mules behind the princess who would consider such things, it's a monarchy tradition!

Theonik

DrForester said:

There are times where a pony must do terrible things for her herd.

Final day reminder!

Alright guys

It's time.

Time to figure out truly which pony is the most beloved of ponyGAF!

Clearly what we need to settle these disputes is a scientific poll.

So if you want a say in the official (official because I say they are!) PonyGAF rankings, PM me your pony rankings!

Mane 6 cast only, at least for now. No ties; you're gonna have to choose between your beloved ones. Your top choice will get 6 points, your second 5 points, third 4 points, and so on. The pony with the most points wins, though I'll be keeping track of relative position as well.

Polling will end next Sunday night, July 24. I'll be posting reminders of this post periodically if people don't find it too annoying =P

Today is the last day to cast your vote! The polls will close at midnight EST!

tiff

Banned
ZealousD said:
That's actually one of the shows on Fox News proper. It's sort of their satire/comedy show I think? They did a full piece on bronies before.
Yeah, everything I've seen from that show indicates it's not meant to be taken seriously at all.

CHEEZMO™ said:
I was just being bitter :/
Awww

Final day reminder!

Alright guys

It's time.

Time to figure out truly which pony is the most beloved of ponyGAF!

Clearly what we need to settle these disputes is a scientific poll.

So if you want a say in the official (official because I say they are!) PonyGAF rankings, PM me your pony rankings!

Mane 6 cast only, at least for now. No ties; you're gonna have to choose between your beloved ones. Your top choice will get 6 points, your second 5 points, third 4 points, and so on. The pony with the most points wins, though I'll be keeping track of relative position as well.

Polling will end next Sunday night, July 24. I'll be posting reminders of this post periodically if people don't find it too annoying =P

Today is the last day to cast your vote! The polls will close at midnight EST!

Nishastra

Banned
ruby_onix said:
You underestimate the combined resources of her cult of stalkers.
Seems a kind of odd idea, there being a cult of Celestia when she's essentially the state religion already.

Celestian extremists?

CHEEZMO™ said:
I was just being bitter :/
It's okay. Love for everyone~!

RI2VNm.jpg

OMG Aero

Here are yesterday's episode polls since I forgot to post them earlier:
For Over A Barrel: 3 people voted 5, 10 people voted 4, 11 people voted 3, 3 people voted 2 and no-one voted 1, giving it an average of 3.48.
For A Bird in the Hoof: 15 people voted 5, 13 people voted 4, 4 people voted 3 and no-one voted 2 or 1, giving it an average of 4.34.
Which leaves the current standing at:
1. Suited For Success - 4.73
2. Sonic Rainboom - 4.68
2. Dragonshy - 4.68
3. Winter Wrap Up - 4.54
4. Green Isn't Your Color - 4.52
5. A Bird in the Hoof - 4.34
6. A Dog and Pony Show - 4.3
7. Swarm of the Century - 4.28
8. Bridle Gossip - 4.07
9. Friendship is Magic Part 1 - 4.06
10. The Ticket Master - 4.05
11. Griffon the Brush-Off - 4
12. Look Before You Sleep - 3.81
13. Stare Master - 3.71
13. Friendship is Magic Part 2 - 3.71
14. Fall Weather Friends - 3.69
15. Applebuck Season - 3.67
16. Boast Busters - 3.58
17. The Show Stoppers - 3.5
18. Over A Barrel - 3.48
19. Feeling Pinkie Keen - 3.45
20. Call of the Cutie - 3.15

I'll be honest, I didn't expect Over A Barrel to do that bad. I know people don't like the analogies to the Native Americans but it still has some great scenes like the Fluttershy tree conversation and the western puns. I also thought A Bird in the Hoof might be a contender for the top spot.
At this point I don't think anything can beat Suited For Success, the only episodes I could see contending with it are Party of One and The Cutie Mark Chronicles, but Suited For Success got so many 5 votes and hardly anything else whereas the great episodes since then have got a lot 5 votes but also a lot of 4 votes which brings the average down.

But anyway, we'll soon find out since next week's episodes are The Cutie Mark Chronicles and Owl's Well That Ends Well, and then after that only two episodes are left.
6jC9z.jpg

DrForester said:
If anyone was trolling in that episode, it was Twilight, how can she not have met the royal pet....or not read Harry Potter.
We don't know how long Philomena goes from renewal to renewal. It's perfectly possible that Twilight has known Philomena since she started studying with Celestia but has only ever seen her in her dying state rather than her fire form.

Nishastra

Banned
OMG Aero said:
But anyway, we'll soon find out since next week's episodes are The Cutie Mark Chronicles and Owl's Well That Ends Well, and then after that only two episodes are left.
6jC9z.jpg
So, what are we going to do when we run out of episodes? Start over? Play more TF2? Cry?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
We don't know how long Philomena goes from renewal to renewal. It's perfectly possible that Twilight has known Philomena since she started studying with Celestia but has only ever seen her in her dying state rather than her fire form.

Irrelevant since she would have certainly been told it's a phoenix at some point.

Nishastra

Banned
Why does she have to know about Philomena at all?

You seem to think that Twilight was some integral part of Celestia's life while she lived in Canterlot, but Twilight's repeated bizarre paranoia about Celestia's nature as well as her utter glee at the prospect of spending an hour or two near her at the Gala seem to say otherwise.

Did Celestia even tutor her personally, or was it always an orders-in-the-mail sort of situation? Any answer to these is speculation, really :p

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
DrForester said:
Ready to call it rigged if Rainbow and Fluttershy aren't #1 and #2.
1 Rainbow Dash
2 Pinkie Pie
3 Fluttershy
4 Twilight
5 Rarity
6 Applejack

Calling it now. That isn't my personal ranking or anything. But I would be very surprised if I was off by more than one.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Nishastra said:
Why does she have to know about Philomena at all?

You seem to think that Twilight was some integral part of Celestia's life while she lived in Canterlot, but Twilight's repeated bizarre paranoia about Celestia's nature as well as her utter glee at the prospect of spending an hour or two near her at the Gala seem to say otherwise.

Did Celestia even tutor her personally, or was it always an orders-in-the-mail sort of situation? Any answer to these is speculation, really :p

She has a direct line to the Princess, and gets speedy replies whenever she wants. Also Celestia wanted her by her side at the Gala. I'd say they have a really good relationship.

Celestia also brought the pet to the party, it's clearly not something she hides.

Theonik

Bakphoon said:
so, i tried outlines:

the base was done by careksims :p

should i color it so, or should i se grey/black outlines?
Belle Eve here made me chuckle.
fake edit: She was invisible when I saw the pic. You fixed it now it seems
Nishastra said:
So, what are we going to do when we run out of episodes? Start over? Play more TF2? Cry?
I have no idea. TF2 for sure. Dunno about starting over.

OMG Aero

Remember the bawww/dawww comic of Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash that was posted a few pages back? Here's another one from the same artist of Sweetie Belle and Rarity.

Now all we need is an Apple Bloom and Applejack one and we'll have a complete set.
Nishastra said:
I'm not entirely sure. We can definitely keep playing TF2 but as for whether we start over or not I'd like to hear what other people think, but there's no need to start thinking about that until next week at least.

The way everyone (except Pinkie) is always on eggshells around Celestia, I dunno how personal her relationships get. Everyone seems too worried about impressing her to actual interact with her in any meaningful way. It could just be played up for comedy, but that's the impression I get so far.

Nishastra said:
Um...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom