• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So my brother watched a few episodes of the show. He saw the first four, which included the pilot and presumably he also meant ticket master and applebuck season. Said that while he appreciated the animation, he wanted to "barf".

Now he's a bit of a trekkie, so I referred him to "Swarm of the Century". He said it was "redonkulus", but that he still can't get over the cuteness overload. But at the same time he gets a huge kick out of many of the crazy pony videos, like PonyCraft 2 and the Fluttercussing rap video.

So PonyGAF, I need your predictions. Will he slowly but surely succumb to show and become a brony? Or has he drawn a line in the sand?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
tiff said:
Ahahaha, yeah.

I wonder how many memes, if any, really did originate on GAFs.

GAF has a couple original memes, but very rarely do they actually escape into the rest of the internet.

The FFXIII "I'm an expert" meltdown post is probably the closest thing we have. And I don't think it's propagated that much.

Edit: This video has over 600,000 views.

PBalfredo

I know the "sunset plane" is a GAF original, but I don't think that's spread out of GAF.

On the topic of ponies, there a lot of "Ask so-and-so" tumblrs out there, but I think this one is by far the best.

It's adorable and very in-character, but it's new and only has a few posts so far.

tiff

Banned
ZealousD said:
GAF has a couple original memes, but very rarely do they actually escape into the rest of the internet.
Yeah, GAF has quite a few original memes but I meant memes that anyone outside of GAF actually care about, obviously. Any forum can have their memes, after all :p

The FFXIII "I'm an expert" meltdown post is probably the closest thing we have. And I don't think it's propagated that much.

Edit: This video has over 600,000 views.
I thought I read that didn't even originate on GAF.

I'm pretty sure that video didn't, either way.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
tiff said:
Yeah, GAF has quite a few original memes but I meant memes that anyone outside of GAF actually care about, obviously. Any forum can have their memes, after all :p
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sonic-cycle

11vipu0.jpg

Oh well, it's one meme, at least :)

Narag

ZealousD said:
So my brother watched a few episodes of the show. He saw the first four, which included the pilot and presumably he also meant ticket master and applebuck season. Said that while he appreciated the animation, he wanted to "barf".

Now he's a bit of a trekkie, so I referred him to "Swarm of the Century". He said it was "redonkulus", but that he still can't get over the cuteness overload. But at the same time he gets a huge kick out of many of the crazy pony videos, like PonyCraft 2 and the Fluttercussing rap video.

So PonyGAF, I need your predictions. Will he slowly but surely succumb to show and become a brony? Or has he drawn a line in the sand?

If he does, it'll be in his own time. You've planted the seed so time to let nature take its course.

Cheerilee

tiff said:
I thought I read that didn't even originate on GAF.
No, that one was real. It was one small part of a larger series of in-character troll posts by a joke character, but GAF only noticed that one post and latched onto it.

I think some people got confused and thought it came from GameFAQs, because GameFAQs provided some gems like this one at the same time.

There was also some talk of Something Awful inventing "I'm an expert", but all the evidence came from a day after the FF 360 announcement.

Orcastar

PBalfredo said:
On the topic of ponies, there a lot of "Ask so-and-so" tumblrs out there, but I think this one is by far the best.

It's adorable and very in-character, but it's new and only has a few posts so far.
I think it's kinda sad that the highest quality drawn pony tumblr is the Pinkamina one, but this one comes pretty close. I'll take in-character and adorkable Twilight over so-out-of-character-that-she's-a-completely-different-character Pinkamina any day.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Orcastar said:
I think it's kinda sad that the highest quality drawn pony tumblr is the Pinkamina one, but this one comes pretty close. I'll take in-character and adorkable Twilight over so-out-of-character-that-she's-a-completely-different-character Pinkamina any day.
I really like the "ask pinkie pie" done in the crayon style, especially the MY GIRLS :D
So cute.

ruby_onix said:
I think some people got confused and thought it came from GameFAQs, because GameFAQs provided some gems like this one at the same time.

Yep, a tired old gamer indeed.

(Thanks Cheezmo)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

That's the only Pinkie Pie tumbler out there as far as I'm concerned.

PBalfredo

I think what weirds me out the most about the Pinkamina tubmlr is the non-stop human poses

That, and I get a strong feeling the artist does rule 34 work, based on how much ...focus... goes into tongues and saliva

Orcastar

Thnikkaman said:
I really like the "ask pinkie pie" done in the crayon style, especially the MY GIRLS :D
So cute.
Oh I really liked that one too. Her non-answer to how she met Gummy was hilarious. Too bad there hasn't been an update for it for well over a month.

Come to think of it, Owlowicious' tumblr didn't last very long either. Hope the Twilight one is a bit more long-lived.

PBalfredo said:
I think what weirds me out the most about the Pinkamina tubmlr is the non-stop human poses

That, and I get a strong feeling the artist does rule 34 work, based on how much ...focus... goes into tongues and saliva
The human poses irk me too. How does she hold a knife in her hoof anyway?

Well I'd classify one of the older entries there as R34 already, so yeah.

G-Fex

Complex Shadow said:
5fTAB.png

not exactly the hardest thing to do =/

don't take this away from me >_>

Yup, spreading ponies to our creepy thread.

Making some sort of bridge.

Then you'll bridge to SNSD Gaf and then complete board saturation.

When will the time bomb trigger complex? When Season 2 OT? Hmm????

PONIES PONIES PONIES EVERYWHERE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Human poines :3

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
G-Fex said:
don't take this away from me >_>

Yup, spreading ponies to our creepy thread.

Making some sort of bridge.

Then you'll bridge to SNSD Gaf and then complete board saturation.

When will the time bomb trigger complex? When Season 2 OT? Hmm????

PONIES PONIES PONIES EVERYWHERE! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Human poines :3

i have no clue on what your talking about, if i wanted shitty korean pancakes i'd go to ihop =/
Mirimar said:
plus how can you say no to that face <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom