• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

And just like that the bronies crawled from the shadows to see the sun once again shining brightly over their beloved thread. What was to follow was a time of peace and rebuilding. may this day be remembered in PonyGAF history. May the souls of the banned be honoured.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'll ask again, can we have a thread for season 2 when season 2 begins?
Hexadecimalt said:
Most NeoGAF admins aren't a permanent fixture on my dartboard. You are.
Hexadecimalt
Banned
(Today, 12:15 PM)
Reply | Quote

I don't wanna say I told you so, so I won't say it.

I got this PM from EviLore, and his permission to post it here:

EviLore said:
Community thread will remain open regardless (well, after it's re-opened tomorrow anyway). There can be a season 2 thread in the off-topic forum if it is on-topic for season 2 related discussion. If it becomes effectively a transplant of the community thread, as the first one was, it will be merged again.

So we can get a new S2 thread in OT, which we might want to make soon to discuss the minute or so of footage we've gotten. But it seems like we have to tailor the posting narrowly to Season 2-related stuff. I presume that we'll want to keep the latest episode discussion to S2, while episode rankings/ pony rankings/ fanart and fanworks and the like will stay here.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
alright starcraft gaf suggested that we borrow their OP/GSL thread format for season2.

so basically:
-typical day in ponygaf stuff goes here.

-episode discussion goes in OT.

ot thread will be a no spoiler tag zone, so you only go there if you're up to date or don't care about spoilers.

how about that >_>

also it needs to be pointed out:
we were just banished and imprisoned in the place we were banished too.
lMQqo.png

Ashenai

Neo Member
Sounds good. I assume fanart stays in Community? What about stuff like tweets/teasers from the show's creators? Hasbro toys/products?

I'm cool with whatever system we end up with, I just wanna talk about the cartoon horses.

blamite

Someone make a gif from the Spike interrogation thing about this.

"The mods are locking our threads and avoiding us because don't like our ponies and they don't want us in the OT anymore!"

Anyway, glad we're back open somewhere. I don't know where else I'd go to get my daily ponies. :p

jogarrr

So something like the following would be a no-go in any season 2 thread in OT, correct?

Less than 4 days until new pony episodes!

Pandaman said:
alright starcraft gaf suggested that we borrow their OP/GSL thread format for season2.

so basically:

ot thread will be a no spoiler tag zone, so you only go there if you're up to date or don't care about spoilers.

how about that >_>
That sounds reasonable.

Ashenai said:
Sounds good. I assume fanart stays in Community? What about stuff like tweets/teasers from the show's creators? Hasbro toys/products?

I'm cool with whatever system we end up with, I just wanna talk about the cartoon horses.

Tweets and everything else stay in community, too. The problem mainly seems to be that ponyGAF was on the front page so often. Make it so that it is no longer a permanent fixture on the front page and there will be no problem.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ashenai said:
case by case basis i guess.

Discord fanart or screenshot reveals or whatever should probably go to OT, but if you're not sure, just post a link instead of an img tag here in community. We're all bronies here, we'll forgive the odd muck up. :p

jogarrr said:
So something like the following would be a no-go in any season 2 thread in OT, correct?
i dont think anyone would blow a gasket if someone posted a 'woohoo, new episode tommorow!', just dont do it every day of the week. >_>

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ramma2 said:
Plus,
earth poines ere'where
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

but yeah, basically if you would feel the need to blackbar it, to OT with you.

none of our mobile readers wants to see a bunch of blackbars erywhere. :p

jogarrr

Pandaman said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
See, flying IS cheating!!

karby

Hey, it's back!
Well that's a relief.

Whogie said:
I didn't see it mentioned, but there was a clip of Season 2 posted yesterday:
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/09/my-little-pony-season-two-clip/
It's Q, as Q!

oh yes! Silly and psychotic, like the old-timey Batman 'Joker'!
I think I'm gonna like Discord.

edit: also, Did anyone (who watched the spoilerific clip) notice:
That Discord said to the ponies what Rainbow Dash said to Twilight when they first met?

also,
He nudged Applejack when he said 'No cheating'.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
If we want a s2 thread I can remake when I get home. Needless to say there was a LOT of s2 news yesterday. We need to decide if we want just this thread or the ot thread for s2 but it has to stay s2 related discussion.

And if we're doing an OT, can someone make me a "rules" section header for it?

Also I think the ot should have SOME spoiler rules. Eg. There is an episode desription for ep2 but I did not post it in the ot episode guide because it spoils ep1.

jogarrr

Updated my Season 2 predictions (maybe I'll repost this in the S2 thread if it gets made):

My season 2 predictions. Some are very likely, some are longshots. Regardless, I predict that I will absolutely love season 2. :)

Season 2 Predictions:

- Rainbow Dash will teach Scootaloo to fly.
- Rainbow Dash will meet a pony (or maybe some other creature) that is faster than her. (Not counting Pinkie's teleportation abilities of course.)

- Pinkamena will manifest herself at least once.

- Fluttershy will be shy. (Come on, give me this freebie. I don't want to be totally wrong. :p)

- Applejack will star in an episode that will drastically increase her fanbase.

- Rarity will fall in love with somepony. Spike will be totally jealous.

- Twilight will return to her old library in Canterlot. (Not for any long length of time though, just a for a scene or so.)

- No CMC will get a cutie mark.
- Trixie will return.
- One or more of the mane six will visit the moon.
- There will be an episode starring Celestia.
- A troll will be featured in one of the episodes. No not her.. One of the mythological creatures.
- Owlowl-licious (or whatever his name is) will not show up at all.
- We will see at least 2 new areas of Equestria.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
karby said:
Hey, it's back!
Well that's a relief.

oh yes! Silly and psychotic, like the old-timey Batman 'Joker'!
I think I'm gonna like Discord.

edit: also, Did anyone (who watched the spoilerific clip) notice:
That Discord said to the ponies what Rainbow Dash said to Twilight when they first met?

also,
He nudged Applejack when he said 'No cheating'.

I was more liking discord being voiced by John de Lancie, and Discord using Q flashes.

McNum

Pandaman said:

so basically:

how about that >_>
I agree with the Panda. Starcraft GAF is wise. Also, say "Starcraft GAF" 10 times fast. A season 2 topic just about season 2. Episode previews, like that video released yesterday, episode discussion, and no spoiler tags whatsoever. We keep the fanart and remixes and other auxiliary pony things in this thread to avoid cluttering up the episode thread.

Plus, it means that this thread should, in theory, be a safe zone for those who wish to avoid spoilers.
Pandaman said:
Yup, pretty accurate description, too. Pretty funny, really.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
we already had a good number of star trek nods in season one, im curious if they'll play Q as discord straight or not...

shaowebb

I'm betting on an episode in season 2 where the mane 6 get approached by Luna and have to teach her how to make friends.

Also Applejack will linedance at least once this season.

karby

Hey everybody, it's "more speculation" time!

The elements of harmony were not lost by Twilight and friends/or disappeared into thin air, etc. They were given to Celestia for safe keeping, and somehow Discord got a hold of them, and scattered them all over that maze in order to make the ponies go look for them, so he can separate them, and since they don't have wings or magic, he can manipulate them into doing whatever he wants.

Of course I could be wrong, but like I said, speculation! It's my favorite thing to do!
Oh well, we'll see on Saturday...or maybe next Saturday. Muhahahahahaa! >:D

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Yeah ill get the new s2 thread up whe I get home. Will trim it down more to be on topic, and make a rules section.

A Nightmare moon rules subheader would be great if anyone wants a go at it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I like the GSL format idea.

(also, infesters are imba)

(also, hi corran)

DrForester said:
Yeah ill get the new s2 thread up whe I get home. Will trim it down more to be on topic, and make a rules section.

A Nightmare moon rules subheader would be great if anyone wants a go at it.
I'll whip it up when I get home.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Pandaman said:
Mind blown.

Also, predictions:

There will be a fantastic Applejack episode. Pinkie will be second runner-up in this ep.
No more Pinkamena stuff
Dream episode
LoTR/Game of Thrones references in at least one episode
In one episode, one pony will get seperated from the rest of the M6 by accident. This episode will feature a lot of HHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG.
The CMC will go out on a journey to rescue Rainbow Dash, who has gone missing.
Zecora will return, same will Trixie (and maybe Gilda)
A lot of FREAKING AWESOME SONGS!

Chuck

Still without luck
Welp, I think two separate threads is the worst idea in the world, but we'll see how this goes.

Also, what happened to the the Belle Eve avatars? Some you decided to change them back prematurely, but I think we should be keeping them until after the season premiere. Other wise, it just looks like PonyGAF faltered under the harsh authority.

jogarrr

ChuckNoLuck said:
Welp, I think two separate threads is the worst idea in the world, but we'll see how this goes.
This thought crossed my mind but then I remembered that it was Ookami's thread in OT that introduced me to MLP:FIM. Considering how big the MLP fanbase is, I likely would have stumbled upon the show anyways but probably in way that would have led me to shrug it off with a "Lol silly internet and your silly memes."

I think it's worth it for the extra exposure to have a Season 2 thread in OT. Nobody comes to community unless they already have a reason to come to community.

The separation of a spoiler thread and a spoiler-free thread is a good idea too.

Acerac

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
Also, what happened to the the Belle Eve avatars? Some you decided to change them back prematurely, but I think we should be keeping them until after the season premiere. Other wise, it just looks like PonyGAF faltered under the harsh authority.
I was using my Belle av to celebrate the return to OT. Once we return to OT I'll bring back the avatar. I've also been waiting to use Emrick as an avatar for a bit now, and the thread merge and subsequent lock seemed like a good opportunity to try him out.

I agree about your two thread assessment, however.
sumo390 said:
So we will dominate OT with S2 discussion and Community with random Pinkie discussion, I like this.
I think dominating OT is what caused this issue in the first place.

Ouch, the two thread outcome is something I feared.

Now everybody will just visit the S2 thread and never see human ponies or borderline 34 ever again.

except for all the season 2 ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom