• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck

Still without luck
Jenga said:
so why can't you people just stay on community and not try to take over OT like a bunch of fucking nazis?
Oh, shut up.

Your dumb jokes weren't funny when you started posting them here and the fact that you continue to do so is nothing but sad.

Go away.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Jenga said:
so why can't you people just stay on community and not try to take over OT like a bunch of fucking nazis?
thats an odd point of view from the guy who makes the most pony threads in OT. :p

Songbird

Prodigal Son
ChuckNoLuck said:
Oh, shut up.

Your dumb jokes weren't funny when you started posting them here and the fact that you continue to do so is nothing but sad.

Go away.
Try not to bite. He wants to get a rise by being ridiculous.

Narag

So if we're emulating the SCII thread, can we argue over patch notes?

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - Patch 2.0.0

Pegasi

Rainbow Dash
* Coolness reduced by 20%.
* Ground speed reduced to 2.25 to balance footraces with dirt ponies.

Earth Ponies

* Faction renamed to Dirt Ponies

Unicorns

Sweetie Belle
* Unit removed

Those are the big changes I'm seeing.

blamite

Prediction for season 2, or 3 at the latest: After the CMC get their cutie marks, they become a superhero type team that goes around trying (and failing spectacularly) to help other fillies get theirs. Hilarity and tree sap ensues.

Chuck

Still without luck
Rainbow Dash
* Coolness reduced by 20%.
* Ground speed reduced to 2.25 to balance footraces with dirt ponies.
Of course they continue to nerf Dash! it can't be that just the ponies that play Pegasi do so on a higher level than the Dirt Pony players!

amidoinitrite?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
ChuckNoLuck said:
Of course they continue to nerf Dash! it can't be that just the ponies that play Pegasi do so on a higher level than the Dirt Pony players!

amidoinitrite?
lol.

you dash players are in for a rude awakening when you go crashing down to dirt pony league where you really belong. no more imba carrying you to the top. it'll be delicious.

blamite

jogarrr said:
So an episode where Scootaloo leaves the Cutie Mark Crusaders?
14793%20-%20adorable%20angry_face%20apple_bloom%20brow.PNG

*ahem*

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Narag said:
So if we're emulating the SCII thread, can we argue over patch notes?

Those are the big changes I'm seeing.

I heard there's an undocumented changes dealing with Twilight's blink cooldown.

I just hope they buff AJ next patch. She never gets used except in Bronze level play.

PBalfredo

My problem with the two topic idea is that when season 2 gets underway, the collective fandom is going to be cranking out constant season 2 fanworks. So, for example, where would I share some cool season 2 fan art I find? The season 2 "spoiler" thread in OT, or the fan thread in Community?

jogarrr

Thnikkaman said:
The second best pony (below Rarity of course)?
Perhaps. But then if Sweetie Belle then grew up to be like her sister, SHE would be the best CMC if Scootaloo left the group, which was the point I somehow ended up trying to make. So there! (BTW Rarity is not the best pony. It's just convenient for me to pretend she is in this case.)

How did I go from laughing at a Sweetie Belle joke to trying to defend her? :p

Scootaloo > Apple Bloom > Sweetie Belle

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
PBalfredo said:
My problem with the two topic idea is that when season 2 gets underway, the collective fandom is going to be cranking out constant season 2 fanworks. So, for example, where would I share some cool season 2 fan art I find? The season 2 "spoiler" thread in OT, or the fan thread in Community?
season 2 thread imo.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pandaman said:
btw, thanks for picking up the pony slack in the sc2 thread while i was moving. :3

you're a true friend.
....fucking ponies lol

You better be playing more now then.

Or all the milk bags in canadaland...

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
PBalfredo said:

Gotta use your own discretion on things like this. If you think the Season 2 thread has been spending too much time on the top, or if you think the fanart is something that won't be loved by anyone but Pony-GAF (goes without saying for human ponies), then post it here and keep the OT thread up and running.

Orcastar

jogarrr said:
How did I go from laughing at a Sweetie Belle joke to trying to defend her? :p
USH8w.jpg

PBalfredo said:
I'd say it would be best to just keep all fan works in this thread.

Acerac

Banned
PBalfredo said:
If the art pertains to season 2, logically it should go in the season 2 thread.

Granted, I'm basing that on the rules as they pertain to every other thread on the boards.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Orcastar said:
USH8w.jpg

I'd say it would be best to just keep all fan works in this thread.

Id agree, make it simple and keep fanart here.

However, be nice and at least till after ep 1 don't post Discord art, just link to it in case people want to be surprised.

So, after seeing some tiny spoiler bits here and there I decided to finally watch the video.

Discord is the best, a much better villain than NMM. His voice, the trolling, his awesomely goofy look, perfect.

Ultimoo said:
So what happened to the S2 thread? Woke up today and it was gone. D:
Long story short it was too much community so it got merged with this. We can still have a thread there when S2 hits, but it'll have to be about S2 stuff.

Neki

ahoyhoy said:
You didn't post in it enough
this is true, lol.

Rickenslacker said:
Long story short it was too much community so it got merged with this. We can still have a thread there when S2 hits, but it'll have to be about S2 stuff.
I just don't get it. The reason why other T.V shows/movie topics don't stay up on the first page so long is because they don't have a wide array of fan-art and fan-created videos and fan-created content. that's why we have so much to talk about and that's why it's on the first page in OT all the time. if we can't talk about pony related stuff in the S2 thread, then I don't understand where it's supposed to go, we have two topics where we talk up non S2 stuff, and stuff about S2? It seems so redundant. I guess Evilore doesn't like the idea of a topic constantly being on the first page, unless it's sports/animes/other communities.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Oh, this thread has been reopened already. Stellar.

I might as well leave this notice: under the terms that have been made public, I am not going to participate in the eventual OT thread with a single post. I'll just keep myself to this Community thread, and do my part of season 2 discussion right here. Jenga needn't worry about me, nor Evilore.

That being said, here is the latest work from Jackie, arguably the hottest pegasus pony in Equestria, Spitfire, with two different visuals:

9c6G8l.jpg
mqNbsl.jpg

If you like this and have a deviantArt account, I ask you to take a second to add these pieces to your favorites:

http://jackiekie.deviantart.com/art/Spitfire-258198262
http://jackiekie.deviantart.com/art/Spitfire-Wonderbolts-Version-258198440

Thank you very much, fellow PonyGAFfers. Party on, party soft! :)

McNum

Awesome Spitfire there, I like her eyes.

Question, though. Do you have two Spitfires, or just one and a separate Wonderbolts costume?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
McNum said:
Question, though. Do you have two Spitfires, or just one and a separate Wonderbolts costume?
A good question, McNum. Just one Spitfire, but many, many questions about how the hell the Wonderbolts are able to get themselves into the suits they wear in the show. After some thinking, me and Jackie think they must get them as foals, grow into them, and afterwards, sleep and shower in them.

PBalfredo said:

If there's a question, keep it in community.

We were on-topic for 95% of the OT thread that just got locked, we were just too active. Even if we keep it to on-topic season 2 stuff, if we stay at the top of the forum all the time, we're gonna get booted back to community again. While Evi has stated that he thinks that the previous thread was a problem because it just became a transplant of the community thread, he also said that stuff that's only of a niche interest should not be on the top of OT constantly. He clearly thinks that MLP is a niche interest, so if we're on top of OT constantly, we're getting the boot even if we are on topic.

McNum

Myke Greywolf said:
A good question, McNum. Just one Spitfire, but many, many questions about how the hell the Wonderbolts are able to get themselves into the suits they wear in the show. After some thinking, me and Jackie think they must get them as foals, grow into them, and afterwards, sleep and shower in them.
Heh, I just wanted you to put it on Rainbow Dash if it was separate. It does bring up a question we don't really need to know. How DO ponies get dressed when they actually do wear clothes? We saw Twilight put on the vest in Winter Wrap Up, but that was just a flash of magic.

brian577

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
He clearly thinks that MLP is a niche interest, so if we're on top of OT constantly, we're getting the boot even if we are on topic.

This is something that confuses me, he says we're too niche, but then he says we're too popular. So which is it? Are we too big or too small?

McNum said:
Heh, I just wanted you to put it on Rainbow Dash if it was separate. It does bring up a question we don't really need to know. How DO ponies get dressed when they actually do wear clothes? We saw Twilight put on the vest in Winter Wrap Up, but that was just a flash of magic.
We also saw her get dressed sans-magic at the start of Winter Wrap Up. Far more clumsy.

brian577 said:
This something that confuses me, he says we're too niche, but then he says we're too popular. So which is it? Are we too big or too small?
We're big but our interest is too specific.

Yeah so I guess I'll be posting in the on topic thread in off topic on saturdays and sundays, then spend the rest of the week in community.

I only worry how the thread(s) will be treated for what the trolls do.

brian577 said:
This something that confuses me, he says we're too niche, but then he says we're too popular. So which is it? Are we too big or too small?

I think his impression is that it's the same 10 people posting stuff in a thread that really isn't relevant to the rest of NeoGAF. A thread could be constantly at the top of the page but still very niche if there were a small minority of dedicated members keeping it bumped to the top all of the time.

If that were the case I think this policy would make perfect sense, but the data just doesn't back that up. This thread has 125 unique posters with 5 posts or more, while the animeGAF thread has just 85. And that's while animeGAF was in OT while PonyGAF was in community for the vast majority of its thread. (though animeGAF does have about a month less and 50 pages fewer of posting. Even still, we beat them on a unique users per page measure). I don't think Evi is biased against ponies, but I do think that he dramatically underestimates the relevance of the thread to the average GAF user.

Acerac

Banned
brian577 said:
This is something that confuses me, he says we're too niche, but then he says we're too popular. So which is it? Are we too big or too small?
EviLore says the problem is that it is 10 posters using the thread as a chat room.

Perhaps the similar avatars are confusing to those who don't expect them?

*Edit*

Time for me to stop discussing this. Gonna get myself banned at this rate.

*Wanders off*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom