• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Does aus-gaf feeling punished being in community? They were here before us and will be here long after. The sentiment of being banished is just folk buying into what others say then feeling sorry for themselves.

LuffyZoro

New page, picture of Seth X Cereal Velocity shipping.
seth_x_cereal_by_brentsienna-d49okyk.png

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jintor said:
But here's the rub; I don't give a shit

Well, lots of people do end up giving a shit, including EviLore.

A lot of the negative reaction to all of this is likely a reaction born of the fear that I'm sure some have that we might be banned from GAF. People saw what happened at 4chan and SomethingAwful and they think it could happen here. I personally think we've been around long enough and have weathered enough shitstorm troll threads to allay those fears, but some others feel differently I'm sure.

Jintor

It's pretty clear to me that EvilLore is merely expressing an administrative view on this whole situation and that fears of some kind of pony genocide, Jenga excepted, are unfounded

karby

Jintor said:
But here's the rub; I don't give a shit

ultimately it's just oh where's-my-thread-oh-there's-my-thread everyone's-still-posting awesome

Yeah, pretty much. Though I was quite bummed when I thought ponies were banished forever, but honestly for me, it doesn't matter whether it's OT or community; as long as it's there, location doesn't really matter.
Unless it's in the Everfree forest :(

Jenga

Banned
ChuckNoLuck said:
Oh, shut up.

Your dumb jokes weren't funny when you started posting them here and the fact that you continue to do so is nothing but sad.

Go away.
Manbaby much? Seriously, most of OT doesn't care to have you there and you guys do just fine on here. Never have I seen a niche group be so belligerent to have TWO threads on the same forum. You guys don't NEED two threads just for one show. Even furries haven't been this annoying with the persecution complex.

Narag said:
Does aus-gaf feeling punished being in community? They were here before us and will be here long after. .
No, probably because they aren't fucking insane and don't feel entitled on an internet message board.

Neki

Jenga said:
Manbaby much? Seriously, most of OT doesn't care to have you there and you guys do just fine on here. Never have I seen a niche group be so belligerent to have TWO threads on the same forum. You guys don't NEED two threads just for one show. Even furries haven't been this annoying with the persecution complex.
we were just going to have a S2 thread, but that didn't work out, so now we're supposed to have two threads now. :p

Jenga

Banned
Listen, you guys OWN community. The 100 or so posters on Community at any given time are primarily MLP with SC2 and bits of other posters.

Can you guys provide any actual reasons why you need two threads on two different forum areas? Other than "WE NEED TO SHOW EVERYONE OUR PONY-LOVE <3 XD"

Neki

Jenga said:
Listen, you guys OWN community. The 100 or so posters on Community at any given time are primarily MLP with SC2 and bits of other posters.

Can you guys provide any actual reasons why you need two threads on two different forum areas? Other than "WE NEED TO SHOW EVERYONE OUR PONY-LOVE <3 XD"

but we didn't want two threads, we just wanted the S2 thread in off-topic.

Jenga

Banned
DrForester said:
Just ignore him guys. He's clearly tired of the funny-ha-ha trolling and is now just going to get a rise out of people.
Can you guys address the issue instead of going "O JENGA HE JUST TROLLIN IGNORE HIM AND POST MOAR PONIES!!!!"

You guys don't need two threads. Period. You guys have been sent to community at least twice now, simply because EL and OT don't care to have you there. And you guys did beautifully. Is there a point to two threads outside of trying to prove some silly point?

Jenga

Banned
Ultimoo said:
but we didn't want two threads, we just wanted the S2 thread in off-topic.
And why couldn't the S2 thread just be...this thread? The MLP thread is large, but not large enough to merit two threads to discuss the same thing. The bronies on 4chan's /co/ can contain themselves to one general thread. You guys can't?

Neki

Jenga said:
And why couldn't the S2 thread just be...this thread? The MLP thread is large, but not large enough to merit two threads to discuss the same thing. The bronies on 4chan's /co/ can contain themselves to one general thread. You guys can't?
because we had asked moderators if it was okay to make the S2 thread in OT, and they said it was okay, so we did. that's basically it.

Jenga

Banned
Ultimoo said:
because we had asked moderators if it was okay to make the S2 thread in OT, and they said it was okay, so we did. that's basically it.

we wanted to have more land so we took poland. that's basically it

Narag

Jenga said:
Is there a point to two threads outside of trying to prove some silly point?

The simplest answer I'd offer is that the usual crew is a bit too crazy for someone that might enjoy the show and wish to discuss it without enduring some of the nonsense we're so fond of. It can be off-putting, crazy from the outside looking in, and frankly it's intimidating to fans of the show that don't particularly identify themselves with the fandom. I've seen this notion echoed on this forum more than once.

Otherwise there's no real reason for two threads but I'd like to think some of the fans of the show itself could have a place to discuss it without all the extra material the fandom churns out. If EL disagrees, he'll merge or lock the second thread and business will continue as usual here.

The route the last S2 OT was headed was a poor one, I think the merge and restart was a good idea, and the "Deal with it." sensibility offered up to post in the OT strikes me as sour grapes from the initial move.

Ramma2

Jenga said:
we wanted to have more land so we took poland. that's basically it

Why do you care so much. No one is making you click on the thread in OT to read it. Ignore it and get on with your life.

Jintor

Oops, we got Godwin'd

Do I need to point out that forum threads are not countries? No? You're just trolling? Okay then

Jenga said:
Can you guys address the issue instead of going "O JENGA HE JUST TROLLIN IGNORE HIM AND POST MOAR PONIES!!!!"

You guys don't need two threads. Period. You guys have been sent to community at least twice now, simply because EL and OT don't care to have you there. And you guys did beautifully. Is there a point to two threads outside of trying to prove some silly point?

I want an S2 thread because I'm hoping ponyGAF doesn't become an insular subcommunity cut off from the rest of GAF. I missed the infusion of fresh blood during the off season, and seeing newbies fall in love with the show is one of the best parts of following the thread. And having new people posting in the community thread or joining us in the chat rooms is cool.

Uchip said:
why do people like luna? she was in it for 2 episodes and never did anything of interest other than be stereotypically evil?

Same reason for the tyrant Celestia fanon. Celestia becomes a blank slate projection of authority, Nightmare Moon resistance, and Luna those wronged by authority.

Master Milk said:
No, the preceding episode has nothing to do with why the finale was disappointing. It was just a lackluster episode, which is made even worse because it's the season finale.

I don't know; I think it was a disappointment because the hype for the Gala had been so much. It was an average episode on its own, with one great musical number, but it couldn't live up to our expectations, kinda like the Gala itself.

(And yeah, I did quote these from the S2 thread. It's not S2, and seemed more appropriate for community)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Amibguous Cad said:
Same reason for the tyrant Celestia fanon. Celestia becomes a blank slate projection of authority, Nightmare Moon resistance, and Luna those wronged by authority.

Celestia was never really a blank slate, as the trollestia stuff goes directly against her established character.

Ashenai

Neo Member
Jenga said:

Have you posted your favorite ponies yet? Who are your favorite ponies? Ordered list format, please. :)

daffy

Banned
hahaha, jenga finally stepping out of that troll cocoon. Only in Community folks.

I must say personally I don't think we need two thread either. i've rather post in one where we don't have to put a bunch of extra caps on what we do though... but I don't post that often anyway.

i thought the two threads thing was just because we started a little early and that this one would eventually die off

but apparently it's not supposed to die off? i'm not sure i want to love and tolerate the shit outta that plan

daffy

Banned
Master Milk said:
i thought the two threads thing was just because we started a little early and that this one would eventually die off

but apparently it's not supposed to die off? i'm not sure i want to love and tolerate the shit outta that plan
yeah I thought this would be closed. but since its not I don't have a problem staying. what I would really hate is a sudden lock because someone goofed, like --- when we went back to OT. We may gain some more members but the trolls are tiring and I actually am not very good at episode discussions and stuff.. well I don't think I am.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Think a bout it like this guys. Someone new checks out thread. Better to get them to try the show by having a thread about the show, or a thread with the usual shenanigans...

DrForester said:
Think a bout it like this guys. Someone new checks out thread. Better to get them to try the show by having a thread about the show, or a thread with the usual shenanigans...

I agree. This seems like the best of both worlds, TBQH, if we can keep it.

Ashenai

Neo Member
DrForester said:

I don't actually know the answer to this one. A lot of people (me included) were first exposed to fan content, and only later to the show. A lot of the fanart and videos are pretty damn brilliant.

That said, I don't think it even really matters. The show has permeated the Internet so thoroughly by this point that it's increasingly unlikely that these threads are someone's first exposure to ponies anyway.

daffy

Banned
DrForester said:
True. I hope we can keep both then. I look forward to watching synctube with you guys. I can never get around to watching until later in the day anyway :p

Chuck

Still without luck
RomanticHeroX said:
Come on people, this is simple:

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/dbowman97/1234.jpg[IMG].[/QUOTE]
If only this blocked other posts that quote them, it might be somewhat useful.

Narag

Acerac said:
I've just recently heard the term dirt ponies but I quite like it. I think I'll stick with it from now on.

I still can't remember if its my fault or not we started calling them that. No regrets if so.

bananas said:
Hey PonyGAF, I checked out Choppasmith's Toonami videos the other day and dug them so much that I thought I would give it a shot.

(Sorry for the crappy quality, some of the clips got all bandwidthy and shit.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxHMP58ofBM

That's really good! I mean the selection of music and clips with the simple editing are spot on! Are you using Vegas too? I know the whole memory issue can be a hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom