• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community |OT| We will love and tolerate the SHIT outta you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Banned
Choppasmith said:
That's really good! I mean the selection of music and clips are spot on! Are you using Vegas too? I know the whole memory issue can be a hassle.
No, I'm using Final Cut Pro. I think it had more to do with the type of clips, I was switching back and forth between HD and low quality while editing.

Myke Greywolf said:
Better luck this time, good doctor. You are not going to see me there. Unlike actual ponies, I do not appreciate keeping on my toes all the time.
I most likely won't post too often in the OT thread as well. I avoid spoilers as much as I can and am not one for speculation much either. I got a feeling I will end up with enough discussion in the IRC if there is something interesting to talk about post Ep viewing. I'll still be here for all the great fan content that always crops up.

Cheerilee

I'm fine with the idea of keeping our general shenanigans in Community as an effort to reduce our impact on the OT (although I expected we'd all be shoveled into the one thread in OT, not that we'd be allowed two threads).

But when the threads were merged and I lost my subscriptions to them, I actually thought that nobody had posted anything for a day or two, and I thought to myself "Wow, the mods must be pleased that we got that "new thread" excitement out of the way pretty quick, and we're not causing a scene while we wait for Sunday."

EviLore said:
Yeah, obviously while it's not our job to act as copyright enforcement agents for big corporations, copyrighted media can be posted on streaming video sites without any oversight, and only when the copyright holder files a complaint (or has an automated removal system in place) is anything done about it. Just not really appropriate ethically to link to full episodes or movies or whatnot just via the argument that not having been removed from youtube yet constitutes tacit approval.
I think it's safe to say that Hasbro has given tacit approval to MLP episodes on Youtube. The internet has been very good to them, and they've spent the better part of a year trying to figure out what happened and how to keep it going. They've openly seen just about everything that the fandom is doing except for our weekly synchtube sessions. At this point I can't believe that they've missed the Youtube episodes. They saw them, and then they looked away. Trolls have been actively trying to rat us out to Youtube/Hasbro for almost a year, and when that didn't work they tried impersonating Hasbro and making false takedown claims, which were actually denied by Hasbro and overturned. They HAVE TO know what's going on.

But I think NeoGAF shouldn't get into the habit of expecting companies to take this sort of approach, so in that sense I think it's a good idea not to have a wall of Youtube links in any OP.

Owlowiscious said:
http://i.imgur.com/KMf8P.jpg
This is fantastic and it made me look up the artist. I'll be following the artist's DA page now as there are a few other good MLP pieces there:
http://solar-slash.deviantart.com/gallery/

Dark Phoenix said:
http://i.imgur.com/5jMBm.jpg
Is that supposed to be a Dark Phoenix pony or just a random one you came up with?

DrForester said:
One thing I noticed with the OT, is that a lot of new people were coming in to see what was going on.
I generally don't care where I have to go to find the thread, but this is why I believe S2 OT should be in OT and not Community. If it wasn't for the S1 OT thread I, and likely many others here, would have never known about the show and that it is actually good. Myke's OP in the first thread is what made me give the show a chance.

Amibguous Cad said:
I want an S2 thread because I'm hoping ponyGAF doesn't become an insular subcommunity cut off from the rest of GAF. I missed the infusion of fresh blood during the off season, and seeing newbies fall in love with the show is one of the best parts of following the thread. And having new people posting in the community thread or joining us in the chat rooms is cool.
I 100% agree with this as well.

Firehead

AdawgDaFAB said:
I most likely won't post too often in the OT thread as well. I avoid spoilers as much as I can and am not one for speculation much either. I got a feeling I will end up with enough discussion in the IRC if there is something interesting to talk about post Ep viewing. I'll still be here for all the great fan content that always crops up.
Hear hear.

Quinnjaminn

Neo Member
It's great to see that our thread was unlocked while I was out today. Great job on keeping a level head guys. While 2 threads was not my preferred solution, I can see how it might be beneficial to have a less crazy thread on the OT. And now, time to catch up on the OT thread.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
AdawgDaFAB said:
I will be posting whatever I see in this thread. Not the OT one.

Firehead

Asked this earlier in the previous S2 topic, only had a few reply to it...

I'm thinking of buying a TF2 server, for our games and whatnot. I just need a good idea on how many slots the server will need (It'll most likely be Chicago based, by the way. Maybe the lag won't be too horrible...) and if people would play in it on days other than Saturday.

Mind you, it will be a private server, with the password posted here.

Firehead said:

I'm thinking of buying a TF2 server, for our games and whatnot. I just need a good idea on how many slots the server will need (It'll most likely be Chicago based, by the way. Maybe the lag won't be too horrible...) and if people would play in it on days other than Saturday.

If ya do this then sign me up Scotty!
Tally: 2

Orcastar

Firehead said:

I'm definitely interested and would gladly play with PonyGAF on other days besides Saturday, but I'm worried the lag is going to bee too much for us Europeans.

Orcastar said:
I'm definitely interested and would gladly play with PonyGAF on other days besides Saturday, but I'm worried the lag is going to bee too much for us Europeans.
- Where is the server we normally use located? EU? US? Other?
- Which is the larger group of PonyGAFers who play?

OMG Aero

I'd try and make an effort to play on other days if we had our own server too Firehead.
AdawgDaFAB said:
- Where is the server we normally use located? EU? US? Other?
- Which is the larger group of PonyGAFers who play?
The servers we usually play on are EU ones because they are more likely to be empty at the time we go on.

Theonik

Firehead said:

I replied before so I will say it again. If we had our own server I'd make more effort to play. Provided enough people are up for this then sign me up!

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Firehead said:

I think an 18 person server would suffice. I'd definitely stop by at least 3 times a week if the connection is good.

FloppyDelux said:
I got this message in Chrome when I clicked on that link:
"www.vgboxart.com contains content from blatsnarf.net, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else."

Firehead said:

I would certainly hop in to this. And contribute too.

Acerac

Banned
Firehead said:

TF2 regular here who plays on the GAF server pretty much daily.

I'd be on a ponyGAF server consistently. :)

Firehead said:

I would be down with that.

Ikael

Can you guys address the issue instead of going "O JENGA HE JUST TROLLIN IGNORE HIM AND POST MOAR PONIES!!!!"

You guys don't need two threads. Period. You guys have been sent to community at least twice now, simply because EL and OT don't care to have you there. And you guys did beautifully. Is there a point to two threads outside of trying to prove some silly point?

We never asked for any kind of special treatment, and I would be ashamed of ourselves if we would. We don't want to make any kind of point. Every single somewhat big TV show has one topic per season (see Breaking Bad) and it is not the first time that there is a TV show topic that lives well beyond its airing (Game of Thrones, comes to mind).

We just want to discuss our series at the OT like any other show. It is a nice change of pace, it is informative (many people didn't knew about season 2 until they entered at the OT tread) it allows for non - pony gaf people to interact with us and break the endogamy inherent to communities, as well as introduce new people to the show. I don't feel entitled to it, mind you. But it is the natural state of things for most treads regarding TV shows to stay at the OT, let it be My Little Pony or Battlestar Galactica. And you surely won't see me complaining that Starcraft will get an additional tread once Heart of the Swarm hit the shelves because well, it is a regular, normal thing, not the exception.

Now, If our mere presence at the OT grates you and make you feel like you are being treatened and "invaded", well, that's an entirely different issue which concerns you, and you only. Personally, I can live pretty well with other people's tastes and hobbies grabbing the main ranks of the OT, thank you very much, kind sir.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Something from Reddit that somewhat blew my my mind.

(and reinforced how awesome Tara Strong is)

oIB2zl.jpg

Pancakes said:

I looked her up on IMDb because of that and I'm amazed at some of the voices she does. I gotta rub it in to my MLP detractor friend who likes X-23 because she voices her. It's also rocking my world that she voices Timmy Turner.

Edit: Oh god. Spike is Cybersix. I gotta... I gotta lay down a bit.

Rickenslacker said:
I looked her up on IMDb because of that and I'm amazed at some of the voices she does. I gotta rub it in to my MLP detractor friend who likes X-23 because she voices her. It's also rocking my world that she voices Timmy Turner.

Edit: Oh god. Spike is Cybersix. I gotta... I gotta lay down a bit.

You should point out that in X-Men Evolution X-23 was voiced by Andrea Libman (Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy)

Also related (NSFW Audio)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHj6WnFTEvE

zargle

Pancakes said:

oIB2zl.jpg

She was also Ilana on Sym-bionic titan, which also kind of fills those roles, maybe not so much the magic one, but alien tech at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom