• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

Dai101

Banned
CHEEZMO™ said:
How about I slap your shit?

BD7Yx.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ikael said:
Am I the only one that thinks that Applejack really shined on this episode? Her interventions were completely dawww - worthy.

Cements her "big sister"/"team mom" status.

UberTag

Soaked Rarity overload.

Actually, the "Daaaaaaw" moment that completely got me was when Rarity was doing that little hop of Sweetie Belle's in tandem with her sister and having a ball after they pulled off the egg balancing sequence.

It was just too adorable.

RarityandSweetieBelle.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hmm.

we are, right now, doing the internet equivalent of sitting in a circle and doing our toy ponies hair while discussing the merits of different styles.

that is so fucked up, how can you guys forget about hair extension dash? there is no discussion or debate here, 'H.E. Dash is the prettiest pony' is a truism.

DrForester said:
Someone forgot hair extension Rainbow Dash.
I only posted 5, it should be 6 like the regular pony rankings.

6. Fluttershy
5. Trixie
4. Gala Dash
3. Octavia
2. Spitfire with hair down
1. Wet Rarity

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Loved this episode so much <3 My favourite one from Season 2 so far, by a landslide.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Also, I totally did NOT see the twist coming. At all.

brian577

Banned
Good episode, my only disappointment was that Rarity's parents weren't given any special treatment. Instead we get a reuse of Pony Joe and Mrs. Cake's models. Pretty lazy in IMHO. Assuming we see any more parents this season I hope they're treated better.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Okay, I'm not sure what to think. The ep was fun and the race made it great, but who's idea was it to make Rarity the element of generosity? :| It was cute to see Ruby Pinch and Dinky (?) at the race and Rarity is great with her hair down.

Overall this episode is proof that Rarity and Applejack are the best ponies.

akira28

I totally buy the Dinky/Pinch big sister story. I mean, Postal Service employees work long hours. And she is a hard working single mom.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Thnikkaman said:
Okay, I'm not sure what to think. The ep was fun and the race made it great, but who's idea was it to make Rarity the element of generosity?
Rarity is as generous as it gets, but she has flaws. Those flaws are what make the difference between poorly written stereotype character and this show.

When things go crazy, you can always count on Rarity giving you all her stuff.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
akira28 said:
I totally buy the Dinky/Pinch big sister story. I mean, Postal Service employees work long hours. And she is a hard working single mom.
The race is for sisters. Fanon just got destroyed.

Bufbaf said:
Rarity is as generous as it gets, but she has flaws. Those flaws are what make the difference between poorly written stereotype character and this show.

When things go crazy, you can always count on Rarity giving you all her stuff.
It just took her half the episode to remember what her character is supposed to be. Just like crazy Twilight.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pandaman said:
cept it wasn't pinch and if dinky was with derpy they would be sisters.

target remains.
Except both kids had the same hair and colours if I remember correctly. The show forgets their horns sometimes, is all. It'll be weird looking at all the mother and daughter fanart now.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thnikkaman said:
Except both kids had the same hair and colours if I remember correctly. The show forgets their horns sometimes, is all. It'll be weird looking at all the mother and daughter fanart now.
you realize pinch/berry was never fanon and came from a scene in the zecora episode, right?

you might as well say lyra and bonbon being friends isn't canon.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pandaman said:
you realize pinch/berry was never fanon and came from a scene in the zecora episode, right?

you might as well say lyra and bonbon being friends isn't canon.
It's not canon. That's what I'm saying, the whole universe built up is crumbling down. It's amusing and sad at the same time.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thnikkaman said:
It's not canon. That's what I'm saying, the whole universe built up is crumbling down. It's amusing and sad at the same time.
this is just foolishness, nothing revealed in this episode speaks against current fanon, which means your current argument would have been just as persuasive yesterday. or the day before. or the day before that.

the universe cant come crumbling down if you never supported it in the first place.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pandaman said:
this is just foolishness, nothing revealed in this episode speaks against current fanon, which means your current argument would have been just as persuasive yesterday. or the day before. or the day before that.

the universe cant come crumbling down if you never supported it in the first place.
It's crumbling down for people like the ponychanners trying to repair character relationships or invent elaborate reasons for things not changing.

It's not foolishness on my part IMO, I'm just aware of this undercurrent of people allowing their enjoyment of the show to be badly affected by fanon being invalidated. It's sad because they don't need to worry so damn much, or at all. Apologies if I've been misunderstood.

Ed: To clarify, nothing needs to be done differently by the show. It's just a strange internet thing.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Thnikkaman said:
It's crumbling down for people like the ponychanners trying to repair character relationships or invent elaborate reasons for things not changing.

It's not foolishness on my part IMO, I'm just aware of this undercurrent of people allowing their enjoyment of the show to be badly affected by fanon being invalidated. It's sad because they don't need to worry so damn much, or at all. Apologies if I've been misunderstood.

Ed: To clarify, nothing needs to be done differently by the show. It's just a strange internet thing.
nothing has needed repairing or inventing today, so why do you bring this up only now?

You're the only one trying to come up with elaborate reasons for your ideas. :p

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Pandaman said:
nothing has needed repairing or inventing today, so why do you bring this up only now?

You're the only one trying to come up with elaborate reasons for your ideas. :p
Let me find that ponychan thread for you. It exists and I am not making anything up, I promise.

Top Bottom