• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

kunonabi

I was fine with Luna's personality but the original look from season 1 was much better. I realize it fits in better with Celestia's look but I still don't like it as much. I think a better solution would be that the magic hair look is something they do as sign of royalty much Luna's speech.

Orcastar

ruby_onix said:
Lauren Faust already confirmed that Nightmare Moon isn't a straight-line evolution of Luna. Luna's true final form will look different. Nightmare Moon is a branch-evolution reached by using an evil stone, and can be moved to from any point on the Luna line.
I thought Luna's evolutionary line was happiness-based, i.e. if Woona's happiness is over 220 when she levels up, she evolves into Princess Luna and if not, she will eventually evolve into Nightmare Moon instead.

Neki

duckroll said:
This show is such a scam. First they promised that there might be more Luna in season 1, and there was none. Then they promised there would be Luna in season 2, and instead of the cute adorable little filly from the pilot, I get some weird grown up... thing. I'm done with this show. I feel so betrayed right now. I don't think I can handle this. Need to go ly down.
get expectations ruined by canon!

Snaku

Banned
Thnikkaman said:
Lalilulelo. Lalilulelo!

9GYsp.png

PBalfredo

New Luna's mane is the best of both worlds. It's cosmic, but unmistakably recognizable as part of her. As opposed to the sparkly amorphous blob that just follows around the otherwise bald-looking Nightmare Moon.

Sciz

Feep said:
I would like to remind Pony-GAF about my game, Sequence, which is free if you head on over to the Gaming-side and post in the big giveaway thread.

I would also like to remind you that there is a SECRET PONY-GAF ITEM obtainable only by secret code at the end of the game. PM me if you want the code.

I'm serious.
This has turned out to be a real thing that exists.

Also the game is great and you should all play it.

Feep

Banned
Sciz said:
This has turned out to be a real thing that exists.

Also the game is great and you should all play it.
I'm just gonna put the code here. No sense locking it behind PM...

On the seventh floor, go to the Gear Screen, and hold down P, O, N, and Y on your keyboard, then hit comma! (You'll have to come out of a pause screen to do this, or temporarily rebind your pause key.)

Hooray! = D

I went to grab a free copy from the neogaf thread, then went home and realized I purchased the game already the day before :D. If you worked on it, great job! I'm having fun with it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
akachan ningen said:

Considering how the pony puffs are and how Action Hank is, Action Hank and Rianbow Dash will actually get along pretty fine and will team up to get those evil pony puffs :p

McNum

Because my brain just keeps on churning, and since I rewatched Lesson Zero and Luna Eclipsed, I noticed a few things.

First of all, Princess Celestia does have the TRADITIONAL CANTERLOT VOICE, and we've already heard her use it once. When? In Lesson Zero. When Celestia appears just after sunset, she yells "TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" That's not her normal voice. It's the "You are in so much trouble that I had to talk in all caps" voice. Also, building on that, why didn't Celestia arrive sooner? Because she had a sun to set, of course. Notice how she appears exactly as the sun is down. Twilight is important, but the sun comes first.

Second of all, take note of the music that plays as Princess Luna's chariot streaks through the sky. Recognize it? Try listening to the music that plays when Twilight faces off against Nightmare Moon and they charge at each other in the second pilot episode. It's the same theme. Luna and Nightmare Moon share a theme, which makes sense.

Finally, a somewhat subdued d'aww on Luna's part. Notice her expression right after Pip says "You're my favorite princess, ever!" Remember why Luna turned evil, at least according to history? I get the feeling nopony ever said that to her before. She looks stunned speechless. It also explains her outburst right after Twilight snaps her out of it. Also, she even gets dramatic lightning at happy outbursts. Wonder if she does that on purpose?

I will have to watch again for proof, but everytime in that episode when lightning flashes in the background, making Luna look scary, it's RD coincidentally playing a prank on someone else.

PBalfredo said:
New Luna's mane is the best of both worlds. It's cosmic, but unmistakably recognizable as part of her. As opposed to the sparkly amorphous blob that just follows around the otherwise bald-looking Nightmare Moon.
It's the bangs, the helmet on Nightmare Moon is why she has that bald look, there's no part where you can see the mane appearing in the front.

Ookami-kun said:
Considering how the pony puffs are and how Action Hank is, Action Hank and Rianbow Dash will actually get along pretty fine and will team up to get those evil pony puffs :p

Yeah even Lauren said something along the lines of "Action Hank wouldn't have a problem with ponies because he's actually confident enough in his masculinity to enjoy it." Considering her husband worked on that episode I think she has has good authority to say that with absolute truth.

I still think people post that GIF without realizing that it's the SAME PEOPLE working on it. Even if you do, it's hilariously ironic.

Boss Doggie

Huh, I just noticed. When did Fluttershy change her front door to a single instead of the half-top/half-bottom?

Choppasmith said:
Yeah even Lauren said something along the lines of "Action Hank wouldn't have a problem with ponies because he's actually confident enough in his masculinity to enjoy it." Considering her husband worked on that episode I think she has has good authority to say that with absolute truth.

I still think people post that GIF without realizing that it's the SAME PEOPLE working on it. Even if you do, it's hilariously ironic.

When do trolls know about the stuff they post anyway :p

Ookami-kun said:
Huh, I just noticed. When did Fluttershy change her front door to a single instead of the half-top/half-bottom?
There was a Youtube vid of all the animation errors in S1 and Twilight's door was one of the most dynamic things on the show.

Boss Doggie

The voice acting killed that, though the script is really good. I suggest posting it in the community thread!

brian577

Banned
Episode 8 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 8
Date: 11/26/11 10:00am
Title: The Mysterious Mare Do Well
Synopsis: There is a new hero in Ponyville who is masked and stealing Rainbow Dash's thunder.

McNum

brian577 said:
Episode 8 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 8
Synopsis: There is a new hero in Ponyville who is masked and stealing Rainbow Dash's thunder.
Fluttershy? You know you want to see superhero Fluttershy.

Actually it's probably not Fluttershy, since pegasi seem to need their wings exposed to fly. And, well, light-yellow wings would be a dead giveaway, wouldn't it?

McNum said:
Fluttershy? You know you want to see superhero Fluttershy.

Actually it's probably not Fluttershy, since pegasi seem to need their wings exposed to fly. And, well, light-yellow wings would be a dead giveaway, wouldn't it?

Another one of Fluttershy's personalities? Probably not her but one can dream

McNum

razgriz417 said:
Another one of Fluttershy's personalities? Probably not her but one can dream
We know that when she gets assertive, she's much stronger than she thinks. But she's terribly shy. So, put on a garish costume and act assertive with nopony knowing who you are.

But yeah, I doubt it'll be Fluttershy. While she makes an excellent Clark Kent (in that no one would make the connection, even when it's obvious), I'm having trouble seeing her as a superhero. Which, of course, would make it awesome if she was. She DOES wrestle bears as part of her day job, though.

Acerac

Banned
brian577 said:
Episode 8 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 8
New Rainbow Dash ep? Can't wait. :D

blamite

brian577 said:
Episode 8 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 8
Clearly it's Scootaloo. She's angry about losing the pet contest and looking to show up RD as revenge.

Dennis

Banned
brian577 said:
Episode 8 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 8
Cool, Trixie has returned.

Narag

brian577 said:
Episode 8 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 8

Gilda out to one-up RBD

jogarrr

brian577 said:
Episode 8 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 8
It's gotta be Spike. The new (and improved) Rainbow Dash.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
brian577 said:
Episode 8 Synopsis

Season 2, Episode 8
Sounds like Silver the Hedgehog.
RD is Shadow!

jogarrr

Probably old news but I was looking through my program guide and I noticed it goes into a tiny bit more detail for this week's episode than what's listed in the OP. It basically says the same thing but anyways:

Sweetie Belle comes up with an idea to celebrate sisterly unity in an impromptu party with not much planning, and when Rarity decides not to be part of the celebration, Sweetie Belle becomes angry and disowns her as a friend.

brian577

Banned
jogarrr said:
Probably old news but I was looking through my program guide and I noticed it goes into a tiny bit more detail for this week's episode than what's listed in the OP. It basically says the same thing but anyways:

Sweetie Belle comes up with an idea to celebrate sisterly unity in an impromptu party with not much planning, and when Rarity decides not to be part of the celebration, Sweetie Belle becomes angry and disowns her as a friend.

TV Guide has been wrong in the past. The original leak for Lesson Zero said Twilight couldn't think of anything to send to Celestia, later the TV Guide guide listing said the she lost something. I'll believe it when I see it, this sounds very different from the original leak who's source has been right every time.

Top Bottom