• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ChuckNoLuck said:
Oh, you're right about Best Night Ever. I remember avoiding the thread because of it and having little ability to speak my mind since I was still a junior.

As for the other TV show threads, I don't care at all what they do. Each episode of ponies doesn't have a "coming next week" thing at the end and I am glad it doesn't.

And even if that's your argument, I seriously doubt that the Breaking Bad or Walking Dead threads would openly talk about episodes that are weeks away, and for obvious reasons.

Totally agreed, but keep in mind those are not episodic like MLP. A spoiler about Dash doing a pet contest has no bearing on an episode about Rarity and Sweetie Belle going to some Sister Social.

And when there is a two parter, like with the premier, we did keep the episode 2 synopsis under spoiler tags until after it aired, because it clearly gave away how part one ended.

Narag

AceBandage said:
Right, but she probably isn't exactly a "walk around the country constantly" type. I mean, hell even now after the events of NMM and Discord, she's still mostly locked up in her castle.
Without her to constantly straighten out the story, the small folk would twist it (as is oft to happen).

That's my take too.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Celestia seems to get out enough. She made several visits to Ponyville, she shows up at big city events in other cities (Running of the Leaves, Best Young Flyer competition), and even in Ponyville, the Mare was able to get a meeting with her pretty easily.

Chuck

Still without luck
DrForester said:
Totally agreed, but keep in mind those are not episodic like MLP. A spoiler about
Dash doing a pet contest has no bearing on an episode about Rarity and Sweetie Belle going to some Sister Social.
Sure, I guess you're right about it being episodic. I guess I just like being pleasantly surprised each week, so I will just go back to avoiding this thread completely, except for my one post each week with my feelings on the latest episode...

But I want to thank you for not only spoiling the unmarked episode 7 description I mostly avoided, but also spoiling a totally new episode I knew nothing about! Thanks!

Jintor

I'm sympathetic to the 'new surprise' experience but expecting everybody else to bend to you on this is really overly cautious.

OMG Aero

Season 2 continues to be awesome. That was a great episode and Luna was way better than I expected.
The only thing that disappointed me was that we didn't see Fluttershy in an adorable costume or a twist ending where she has the scariest costume of all.

RomanticHeroX said:
As far as I can tell the only time the Shadowbolts actually appeared were as a hallucination created by Luna to deceive Rainbow. Which seems like a really weird thing to make a costume of.

Yeah, but bitchin uniforms.

DrForester said:
And just for the record, I'm all for keeping the other thread spoiler free about the exact goings on of an episode for the people doing the synch tube. Like last week, people knowing Twilight just flipped out would have been terrible.

It's the simple one sentence blurbs for future episodes that I just can figure out why people are so up in arms about them when there was no problem with them in S1 (exception of course being for two part episodes where the part 2 synopsis clearly gives away episode 1 stuff, like with the season premier).

I also find the one-sentence synopses pretty benign. That said, I respect that Chuck et al have different priorities, and it's not too much of an imposition to spoiler synoposes and discussion about synopses. I would't want anyone turned off to the thread because of it.

Chuck

Still without luck
Jintor said:
I'm sympathetic to the 'new surprise' experience but expecting everybody else to bend to you on this is really overly cautious.
Oh I'm not asking that at all. If I'm the only one who feels this way in this thread, then I will avoid ti and be fine with that. I would be wrong to ask other to conform to only my felling on the matter. However, I know for a fact that I am not the only one who feels this way.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
OMG Aero said:
Season 2 continues to be awesome. That was a great episode and Luna was way better than I expected.
The only thing that disappointed me was that we didn't see Fluttershy in an adorable costume or a twist ending where she has the scariest costume of all.

Her being too scared was 100% in character though.

Jarmel

Banned
And we won't see Luna again until next season. Geez how hard is it to throw in some cameos of the 2nd highest ruling person in Celestia? It seems like Twilight would also like Luna due to the whole stargazing aspect.

Jintor

ChuckNoLuck said:
Oh I'm not asking that at all. If I'm the only one who feels this way in this thread, then I will avoid ti and be fine with that. I would be wrong to ask other to conform to only my felling on the matter. However, I know for a fact that I am not the only one who feels this way.

lol but everybody else is already avoiding the thread! Catch-22, sucka! :p

I await your check-in posts with interest

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
ahoyhoy said:
Indeed

opkD4.gif

Decided to do an extended version:

lunaextendeddespairlarwkb3.gif

McNum

Yeah, I suppose Nightmare Moon pretty much had to be a legend at this point. That Celestia had a sister named Luna was probably also something very few ponies were aware of. I suppose Nightmare Moon's sudden appearance for real could be compared to if Thor, God of Thunder, suddenly appeared in real life. Everyone know OF Thor, we even named a weekday after him, but the actual in the flesh Thor, God of Thunder? Yeah, no one would believe that until he made it clear that yes, he was who we think he was, and we're now in deep trouble for doubting him.

Also, that Luna was Nightmare Moon... I think that's a state secret on the same level as the Elements of Harmony. Those that need to know, know. That Luna has an uncanny resemblance to Nightmare Moon is another thing, but that's part of what this episode was about anyway.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
McNum said:
Yeah, I suppose Nightmare Moon pretty much had to be a legend at this point. That Celestia had a sister named Luna was probably also something very few ponies were aware of. I suppose Nightmare Moon's sudden appearance for real could be compared to if Thor, God of Thunder, suddenly appeared in real life. Everyone know OF Thor, we even named a weekday after him, but the actual in the flesh Thor, God of Thunder? Yeah, no one would believe that until he made it clear that yes, he was who we think he was, and we're now in deep trouble for doubting him.

Also, that Luna was Nightmare Moon... I think that's a state secret on the same level as the Elements of Harmony. Those that need to know, know. That Luna has an uncanny resemblance to Nightmare Moon is another thing, but that's part of what this episode was about anyway.

Yeah but would Thor's appearance be so shocking if we had Odin ruling over us at the time?

DrForester said:
Yeah but would Thor's appearance be so shocking if we had Odin ruling over us at the time?

Actually, it would be more like if Thor was in Norway, and people only saw him a few times a year, and then suddenly Loki appeared and started fucking things up.

Dai101 said:
BILLY MAYS APPROVES LUNA'S ROYAL VOICE

CITIZENS OF PONYVILLE

I AM HERE TO PROMOTE THESE REVOLUTIONARY VACCUUM STORAGE BAGS

BUY AND USE THEM OR BE SUBJECT TO INFERIOR PRODUCTS OF MEDIOCRE QUALITY AND LONGEVITY

McNum

AceBandage said:
Actually, it would be more like if Thor was in Norway, and people only saw him a few times a year, and then suddenly Loki appeared and started fucking things up.
And here I was just picking the first mythological character I could think of. Should have picked the second coming of Jesus, or the Devil made manifest, I suppose. But the Evil Goddess of the Night, Nightmare Moon, sounds like a great name for a mythological god. And yet, there she is, in the flesh. And declaring eternal night. That's a problem. The evil laugh doesn't help. Oh and that purple pony who arrived today knows an awful lot about her. Is she a spy?!

brian577

Banned
Amibguous Cad said:
Needed to introduce Pipsqueak, obviously.

I don't think we'll see much more of him. He's not even listed in the end credits. Even the CMC have been in the credits since the pilot

brian577

Banned
RomanticHeroX said:
People who disliked the CMC were wrong, then became right. I'm already right.

You do realize the only thing we know about Pipsqueak is that he likes Nightmare Night and in turn Luna. Why do people dislike him so much already?

Koomaster

How About No said:
CITIZENS OF PONYVILLE, NIGHTMARE MOON HERE!

ART THOU TIRED OF THY FANCY SADDLES GETTING FILTHY AND DAMP? THEN THOU NEEDEST THESE REVOLUTIONARY VACUUM STORAGE BAGS! SIMPLY SLIP INSIDE AND VACUUM AIR TIGHT!

KEEPS OUT DEBRIS!!!... *kicks up dust storm*
AND DAMPNESS!!!... *starts lightning and raining*
EVEN KEEPS THE LARGEST OF VERMIN OUT!!! *creates giant spiders covering the bags*

BUY AND USE THEM OR BE SUBJECT TO INFERIOR PRODUCTS OF MEDIOCRE QUALITY AND LONGEVITY!!

WE ART GENEROUSLY OFFERING THEM TO THEE COMMON PONIES FOR THE LOW PRICE OF 20 GOLD COINS PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING!

BUT THOU MUST WAIT FOR THERE ART MORE TO TELL!!!!

ORDER NOW AND THE OFFER SHALL BE DOUBLED!!! OUR GENEROSITY KNOWS NO BOUNDS AS THOU SHALT RECEIVE TWICE THE NORMAL AMOUNT FOR THE SAME COSTS; PLUS EXTRA SHIPPING AND HANDLING!!!

ORDER NOW OR DESPAIR!!!!
fixed

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
brian577 said:
You do realize the only thing we know about Pipsqueak is that he likes Nightmare Night and in turn Luna. Why do people dislike him so much already?
Imperialists. They should not be heeded.

Dai101

Banned
Koomaster said:
CITIZENS OF PONYVILLE, NIGHTMARE MOON HERE!

ART THOU TIRED OF THY FANCY SADDLES GETTING FILTHY AND DAMP? THEN THOU NEEDEST THESE REVOLUTIONARY VACUUM STORAGE BAGS! SIMPLY SLIP INSIDE AND VACUUM AIR TIGHT!

KEEPS OUT DEBRIS!!!... *kicks up dust storm*
AND DAMPNESS!!!... *starts lightning and raining*
EVEN KEEPS THE LARGEST OF VERMIN OUT!!! *creates giant spiders covering the bags*

BUY AND USE THEM OR BE SUBJECT TO INFERIOR PRODUCTS OF MEDIOCRE QUALITY AND LONGEVITY!!

WE ART GENEROUSLY OFFERING THEM TO THEE COMMON PONIES FOR THE LOW PRICE OF 19.99 GOLD COINS PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING!

BUT THOU MUST WAIT FOR THERE ART MORE TO TELL!!!!

ORDER NOW AND THE OFFER SHALL BE DOUBLED!!! OUR GENEROSITY KNOWS NO BOUNDS AS THOU SHALT RECEIVE TWICE THE NORMAL AMOUNT FOR THE SAME COSTS; PLUS EXTRA SHIPPING AND HANDLING!!!

ORDER NOW OR DESPAIR!!!!
fixed

RE-Fixed

kunonabi said:
We better not.

I think that's the rub.

As a one-off, I don't think he's that problematic; he was kinda cute in this one episode. If he keeps coming back, I can see him becoming Scrappy-like in a hurry.

He kind of reminds me of Twist in that regard, and thankfully we haven't seen any of her lately.

brian577 said:

He feels manipulatively cute.

You'll all change your tune when episode 8 is a Dragonshy remake featuring Snips, Snails, Twist, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Pip in place of the Mane 6!

Slamtastic said:
You'll all change your tune when episode 8 is a Dragonshy remake featuring Snips, Snails, Twist, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Pip in place of the Mane 6!

43460%20-%20i'm_okay_with_this%20reaction_image%20twilight_sparkle.png

Surprisingly. I really hope we get one or two "below deck adventure" episodes focusing on characters that haven't been fleshed out yet. What I'd really like to see is something like Lyra, Bonbon, Octavia, Scratch, and other popular BG ponies get to go on an adventure of their own, but of course that one's not likely to happen.

Acerac

Banned
I like how Celestia didn't give any warning to Luna that her approach would be a horrible idea.

"Yeah, just go and act like you did a thousand years ago! It's a party for you after all, I'm sure all the ponies will love it!"

Top Bottom