• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

PBalfredo

CHEEZMO™ said:
Catastrophic lack of Rarity and the CMC this episode.

AceBandage said:
You know, I can ALMOST understand leaving out Rarity.

But CMC?
I mean... COME ON! YOU OPEN THE EPISODE WITH 3 FILLIES! HOW ARE THEY NOT THE CMC?!

v9UrGl.jpg

Plus Dinky!

Are there fanon names for the other three?

Really liked the episode. I only wish they could've chosen someone else other than Tabitha to voice Luna. There were too many occasions where she simply sounded too much like Rarity. Other than that, Fanon be damned! Canon Luna is great. Her "bold" speech kinda reminded me of Trixie (but less obnoxious and thus better). And her usage of "olde royale" speak was just so damn cute (glad I'm not the only one who wants to go back and edit Egophiliac's Luna comics with her canon speech. I couldn't help but think of another character I like that talks the same way.... but I can't remember who.

What is UP with Pip I wonder though? I can't help but imagine fans of Fallout Equestria squeeing over an actual character named Pip now. He sounded like someone's son brought over to do a cameo role. Also, the various c=costumes were great. I wish we got to the CMC more though.

Slamtastic said:
tumblr_lthvslWxYG1r2r7jp

Human ponies are always fun!

CHEEZMO™ said:
Because you know I have to.
KvcZ1.png

AMAZING! Hope to see some good LivingMachine human stuff too.

Koomaster

Ookami-kun said:
So wait... why is there a drain plug in a basin?
Perhaps it was used in making apple cider? Or it was somebody's washtub bass and they plugged up the hole for the festivities. Loads of plausible reasons I'm sure.

PBalfredo

Luna also reminded me a lot of Trixie. I'd like to see some of those Luna-takes-Trixie-as-her-apprentice fics with Luna's new canon personality. Between those two would be nothing but caps lock and ponies referring to themselves in anything but the single person singular.

131932086773.gif

THE FUN HAS BEEN INCREASED! NOW THERE IS A SWARM OF FUN!

A BLACK, SKITTERING SWARM OF FUN!

Foxix Von

Watched the latest earlier with some good friends.

This season continues to be awesome and luna might just be the most awesome character in the show.

Just watched the episode, and I gotta say, I'm not feelin' Pip either. Kid just rubs me the wrong way.

Other than that, good episode. I gotta wonder what the deal is with Luna's appearance, she's different from how she originally looked. Darker coat, flowy star mane, makes me wonder if it was some kind of accelerated aging or if she changed her own appearance considering she transformed to her Nightmare Moon appearance and back on a whim. Anyways Luna was pretty cute in her attempt to adjust to modern pony society and Derpy's gonna derp.

Orcastar

Rickenslacker said:
Just watched the episode, and I gotta say, I'm not feelin' Pip either. Kid just rubs me the wrong way.

Other than that, good episode. I gotta wonder what the deal is with Luna's appearance, she's different from how she originally looked. Darker coat, flowy star mane, makes me wonder if it was some kind of accelerated aging or if she changed her own appearance considering she transformed to her Nightmare Moon appearance and back on a whim. Anyways Luna was pretty cute in her attempt to adjust to modern pony society and Derpy's gonna derp.
Glamour.

Her appearance at the end of the second episode was her true form, seeing as how she was just defeated. Now that she's regained her powers, she can project glamour again and make others see her as more majestic than she really is.

And obviously that means that Celestia projects glamour too. You think that pastel-coloured wavy mane is natural? Hah! She's actually the same size as defeated Luna was and has a normal mane, but she just makes herself seen bigger and grander so it's easier for her subjects to accept her goddesshood and rule.

I just made all that up.

Cheerilee

Orcastar said:
I just made all that up.
You're channeling Lauren.

http://comments.deviantart.com/4/1603670/2245236163
fyre-flye said:
When Nightmare Moon was defeated, her evil power was eradicated. Luna was reborn with her magic levels very low. It took time for her "good" power to come back to her, and now she's healed, reformed and rehabilitated and it's indicated by her magic mane.

I just made that up.

I don't know how the new show runners would explain it, but that's how I would.
Also...

http://comments.deviantart.com/4/1603670/1919104364
fyre-flye said:
I kind of don't like to define things outside of the show in case we want to change once we think of an episode that involves that idea (which can and has happened) but here's how it currently works in my head:

Luna is not yet full grown, and some sort of evil magic turned her into Night Mare Moon. When she grows to an adult, her real form will not look so much like NMM.
Nightmare Moon was how Luna looked when supercharged with evil-based power.

S1 Luna is how Luna looked after her evil-based power was destroyed, and she only had a trace of good-based power left inside her.

S2 Luna is how Luna looks after her normal strength has returned to her.

S2 Luna can take on the appearance of Nightmare Moon through illusion and trickery, without needing access to evil-based power.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ahoyhoy said:
So you can drain it without having to tip it over.

Koomaster said:
Perhaps it was used in making apple cider? Or it was somebody's washtub bass and they plugged up the hole for the festivities. Loads of plausible reasons I'm sure.

I guess the cider one works (but alcohol, in mah little ponehs?)

In order for it to drain wouldn't it need to be lifted?

FoxSpirit

Okay guys, how do I make animated gifs? And the good ones, not the ones with dithering all over in a scene that uses about 80 colours :-\

FoxSpirit said:
Okay guys, how do I make animated gifs? And the good ones, not the ones with dithering all over in a scene that uses about 80 colours :-\

Photoshop is particularly good (using the 32bit binary)

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
TouchMyBox said:
Photoshop is particularly good (using the 32bit binary)

This plus any video converter program is my preferred method.

I use a program called Freemake Video Converter to cut my clips and convert them to .mp4, then use CS5 to convert videos to frames, edit, and convert to .gif format. There's also a lot of nifty ways to limit the size of the files so that you can upload it to imgur (must be under 2MB's).

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Ookami-kun said:
I guess the cider one works (but alcohol, in mah little ponehs?)

In order for it to drain wouldn't it need to be lifted?
Yeah, but tilting a basin is a hell of a lot easier than tipping it all the way over.

Plus, the plug lets you drain out small portions at a time, so there isn't always a waterfall when trying to let some of the water out.

duckroll

This show is such a scam. First they promised that there might be more Luna in season 1, and there was none. Then they promised there would be Luna in season 2, and instead of the cute adorable little filly from the pilot, I get some weird grown up... thing. I'm done with this show. I feel so betrayed right now. I don't think I can handle this. Need to go ly down.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
duckroll said:
This show is such a scam. First they promised that there might be more Luna in season 1, and there was none. Then they promised there would be Luna in season 2, and instead of the cute adorable little filly from the pilot, I get some weird grown up... thing. I'm done with this show. I feel so betrayed right now. I don't think I can handle this. Need to go ly down.
Such a drama queen. Poor Jbaird. If only you knew his pain of trying to get hits and responses. For shame duckroll. Calling him out after all this time and the carnage he wrought.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
duckroll said:
You'll be back. You'll be back for Fluttershy and you know it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
duckroll said:

But adult Luna > Filluna

ahoyhoy said:
Yeah, but tilting a basin is a hell of a lot easier than tipping it all the way over.

Plus, the plug lets you drain out small portions at a time, so there isn't always a waterfall when trying to let some of the water out.

Hmm true.

I still can't get over ponies that are drunk.

Top Bottom