• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Season 2 |OT| - Quality Has No Demographic

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Thnikkaman said:
With the suit on? Nice.
He likes the challenge.

pFVSm.png

Luna's unintentional evilness is awesome. Didn't even notice the bat cape the first time.

I kinda want to see more pegasi with different wing types.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
1000 years of solitary and Celestia just shoved Luna back into public. Notice how Celestia was nowhere to be seen to try and help her sister out. Yep, that fits with her MO.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Slamtastic said:
I concur.

Hetero Dash...how horrifying.
You mean Canon dash.

Yeah, it's annoying to come in here to talk about episode 4, and see unmarked title and description of episode 7.

I'd like to manage to go in blind on at least one episode this season.
Don't want to be spoiled, go to the other thread and wait for synchtube to end. This is the spoiler thread, there will be spoilers.

Besides, its not hard to just not read em.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
FoxSpirit said:
Also guys, cut it out with unmarked spoilers for future epsiodes... wtf??

Why was there zero complaints in Season 1 about episode synopsis for episodes 2 or 3 weeks out, yet now people are shocked about it? They don't give away anything.

Hyper-organized Twilight panics when she can’t find a lesson about friendship for her weekly letter to Princess Celestia.

Seriously, did that give away anything significant from last weeks episodes?

Pandaman said:
Don't want to be spoiled, go to the other thread and wait for synchtube to end. This is the spoiler thread, there will be spoilers.

Besides, its not hard to just not read em.
But why can't I come and here and talk about the episode as soon as it airs, because I have the Hub?

Why can't the spoilers policy applied to things that have aired only?

Narag

Slamtastic said:
But why can't I come and here and talk about the episode as soon as it airs, because I have the Hub?

ONce the ep airs, it's open game in this thread. As a courtesy, it's left until synchtube ends before others post stuff in the community thread.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Slamtastic said:

So all TV threads should spoil the next episode previews that air at the end of most network shows? Because honestly, that's how I see these 1 sentence synopsis. People aren't posting photos, or full out reviews. It's a one sentence blurb.

Once again, there was no problem with this in season one, and the thread seemed to have a lot of fun speculating what that episode would be like. There was even a picture of the frazzled mane 6 at the Gala that was put out a few weeks out and everyone again seemed to like speculating what happened.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Slamtastic said:

you can, what's stopping you other than your own personal choice to avoid later episode spoilers?

Narag

DrForester said:
So all TV threads should spoil the next episode previews that air at the end of most network shows? Because honestly, that's how I see these 1 sentence synopsis. People aren't posting photos, or full out reviews. It's a one sentence blurb.

Once again, there was no problem with this in season one, and the thread seemed to have a lot of fun speculating what that episode would be like. There was even a picture of the frazzled mane 6 at the Gala that was put out a few weeks out and everyone again seemed to like speculating what happened.

Weren't we all about "omg which princess? luna ep?!?" with the "A Bird in the Hoof" description too? Good times, simpler times.

Chuck

Still without luck
Most of us didn't join the fandom until far into season one. For myself, I think I came in at like episode 18, but if I would have started liking the show as much as I did at the beginning of last season, which, bye the way, would have been impossible, I would have felt the same way about spoilers.

Don't give me the next time on whatever show as an example because I saw a description for episode SEVEN on the last page which is terrible.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
And just for the record, I'm all for keeping the other thread spoiler free about the exact goings on of an episode for the people doing the synch tube. Like last week, people knowing Twilight just flipped out would have been terrible.

It's the simple one sentence blurbs for future episodes that I just can figure out why people are so up in arms about them when there was no problem with them in S1 (exception of course being for two part episodes where the part 2 synopsis clearly gives away episode 1 stuff, like with the season premier).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Slamtastic said:
Alright, it's fine.

If I want to go in blind on an episode, I'll just stay off the internet for a few weeks.

Honestly, when you watch a TV show, do you turn it off immediately after it ends so you don't see the next episode preview?

Narag

DrForester said:
It's the simple one sentence blurbs for future episodes that I just can figure out why people are so up in arms about them when there was no problem with them in S1 (exception of course being for two part episodes where the part 2 synopsis clearly gives away episode 1 stuff, like with the season premier).

Some folk are determined to stay spoiler free, even the tiniest of spoilers, yet expect others to do their work for them instead of actively avoiding the fandom/discussion/etc. I'm all for some tagging of stuff as you've said but I've never seen people so insane about spoilers. They'd cry foul if you told them ponies were in an episode.

To be fair, I watched the show first after S1 had finished, two or three weeks after I think?

I just kinda want to see what difference in my experience there is between knowing the synopsis and going in blind, for one episode at least.

While still talking about episode 4 right after it aired.

But I can talk about episode 4 in the community thread now, so I'm out of here until after episode 5 airs. (Hopefully I won't see the desc for episode 8 while catching up on this thread after 5 airs...)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ChuckNoLuck said:
Honestly though, how goddamn difficult is it to put episode descriptions in spoiler marks??

Because then we'd have a week worth of posts in nothing but spoiler tags while people speculate about upcoming episodes.

Seriously guys, the rules are no different (actually stricter) than they were for the season 1 thread.

It makes threads incredibly annoying to follow when everything has to be put under spoilers. Speculation has been a fun part of the community from the beginning. Also, it's ponies. The plots, in the broadest sense, have almost no bearing on what makes the show so entertaining. Go back and read the preview for this episode and tell me how much of the final thing you see in that one sentence synopsis.

Chuck

Still without luck
DrForester said:
Because then we'd have a week worth of posts in nothing but spoiler tags while people speculate about upcoming episodes.

Seriously guys, the rules are no different (actually stricter) than they were for the season 1 thread.
Sure and in doing so you will have most of PonyGAF ignoring this thread until after the Synchtube each week.

Actually, even then, I don't really want to be spoiled for episodes that are about a month away.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
RomanticHeroX said:
It makes threads incredibly annoying to follow when everything has to be put under spoilers. Speculation has been a fun part of the community from the beginning. Also, it's ponies. The plots, in the broadest sense, have almost no bearing on what makes the show so entertaining. Go back and read the preview for this episode and tell me how much of the final thing you see in that one sentence synopsis.

ChuckNoLuck said:
Sure and in doing so you will have most of PonyGAF ignoring this thread until after the Synchtube each week.

Actually, even then, I don't really want to be spoiled for episodes that are about a month away.

DrForester said:

ANinL.gif

Jintor

ChuckNoLuck said:

It's really not that difficult to just avoid the thread until you see the episode. It's what I do.

Chuck

Still without luck
Jintor said:
It's really not that difficult to just avoid the thread until you see the episode. It's what I do.
But like I said, I read an unmarked spoiler for episode 7 on the last page. Seven!

Why even come to this thread at all?

McNum

Oh, my. Princess Luna was most excellent. Of course she would speak like that, she has been gone for a thousand years. A thousand years ago here is the Viking Age, so it's no surprise she's not quite up to speed with how to address ponies now. I like canon Luna, she's funny, and a pretty awesome character. Plus, having the actual Nightmare Moon come visit on Nightmare Night and play scary is just the best thing to happen to Ponyville's Nightmare Night festival ever.

Speaking of Nightmare Moon, it seems a lot more of her personality came from Luna that expected. The royal arrogance is there, and Luna has a bit of a temper, so her getting jealous of her sister is fairly plausible. All she needed was a small push and then "THE NIGHT SHALL LAST FOREVER!" I do like that she's confident enough about being over the whole Nightmare Moon thing, that she'll happily shapeshift into Nightmare Moon for fun. She must have come to terms with it, somehow.

Also, there's a funny side effect of Luna's speech. Princess Celestia must also have spoken like this a thousand years ago. Now there's a flashback I'd love to see.

Chuck

Still without luck
DrForester said:
Did you never come into the season 1 thread?
Like I said, again, I wasn't as invested in the show until like episode 18 aired. And if I recall correctly, episode descriptions were either put into spoiler tags or not discussed.

Jintor

ChuckNoLuck said:
But like I said, I read an unmarked spoiler for episode 7 on the last page. Seven!

Why even come to this thread at all?

I really just think your spoiler tolerance level is way too low for something as Seinfeldian as MLP.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
ChuckNoLuck said:
Like I said, again, I wasn't as invested in the show until like episode 18 aired. And if I recall correctly, episode descriptions were either put into spoiler tags or not discussed.

There was a full blown, and enjoyable discussion about a "best Night Ever" picture that leaked a few weeks out.

And again, visit the TV threads, pretty much all of them will discuss next episode previews without restriction. Spoilers usually only used if there's an early viewing/review that would give away specifics.

McNum

Huh, I just realized something. If Nightmare Night is a festival about Nightmare Moon, and there's a statue of her in the forest... then why was Twilight the only one to recognize her in the pilot episodes?

Or was it more a stunned silence going on? "That looks like Nightmare Moon, but that's impossible. She can't be Nightm- What did the purple newcomer just say?! She IS?!!"

Narag

McNum said:
Huh, I just realized something. If Nightmare Night is a festival about Nightmare Moon, and there's a statue of her in the forest... then why was Twilight the only one to recognize her in the pilot episodes?

Or was it more a stunned silence going on? "That looks like Nightmare Moon, but that's impossible. She can't be Nightm- What did the purple newcomer just say?! She IS?!!"

She was effectively fairy tale at that point so there's a degree of skepticism, I'd think.
More though it was to simply set up a dramatic moment for Twilight to shine in.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
McNum said:

I've always thought there was a bit of a plot hole in the first episode. for the NMM story not to be known by everypony is a bit weird to me. It's not some fairy tale, it's clearly about the princess living 15 minutes from your town. How would it not be a common knowledge thing.

After a thousand years of them "celebrating" Night Mare Night, the story obviously transcended truth into fantasy.
I mean, hell, how many people know the origin of Halloween anymore? Or even April Fool's day?
And it's not like Celestia would talk about it a lot. It's a pretty big blight on her past as well.

Chuck

Still without luck
DrForester said:
There was a full blown, and enjoyable discussion about a "best Night Ever" picture that leaked a few weeks out.

And again, visit the TV threads, pretty much all of them will discuss next episode previews without restriction. Spoilers usually only used if there's an early viewing/review that would give away specifics.
Oh, you're right about Best Night Ever. I remember avoiding the thread because of it and having little ability to speak my mind since I was still a junior.

As for the other TV show threads, I don't care at all what they do. Each episode of ponies doesn't have a "coming next week" thing at the end and I am glad it doesn't.

And even if that's your argument, I seriously doubt that the Breaking Bad or Walking Dead threads would openly talk about episodes that are weeks away, and for obvious reasons.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AceBandage said:
After a thousand years of them "celebrating" Night Mare Night, the story obviously transcended truth into fantasy.
I mean, hell, how many people know the origin of Halloween anymore? Or even April Fool's day?
And it's not like Celestia would talk about it a lot. It's a pretty big blight on her past as well.

But again, one of the characters is the ruler of your Country. There's not much fantasy or faith to it. Celestia is right there.

DrForester said:
But again, one of the characters is the ruler of your Country. There's not much fantasy or faith to it. Celestia is right there.

Right, but she probably isn't exactly a "walk around the country constantly" type. I mean, hell even now after the events of NMM and Discord, she's still mostly locked up in her castle.
Without her to constantly straighten out the story, the small folk would twist it (as is oft to happen).

Top Bottom