• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 4 |OT| Twilight Princess Returns

Village

Did I say there was anything wrong with criticism?

All I said was over thinking would leave you unhappy.
There's a difference between pointing out faults and getting too emotionally invested in making your point.

You ever think people like over thinking.

I like over thinking, its kind of fun actually. And they can actually enjoy the thing they over think about.

All I am saying is, i never got this " if you criticize too much you will never enjoy anything" a lot of the time the reason a person is going off on a thing is because someone enjoys it so much.

Not saying thats every situation, I am just saying don't assume the person ( me ) going on about how artificial web shooters are the dumbest shit ever in black gaf, doesn't enjoy spider man.

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
You ever think people like over thinking.

I like over thinking, its kind of fun actually. And they can actually enjoy the thing they over think about.

All I am saying is, i never got this " if you criticize too much you will never enjoy anything" a lot of the time the reason a person is going off on a thing is because someone enjoys it so much.

Not saying thats every situation, I am just saying don't assume the person ( me ) going on about how artificial web shooters are the dumbest shit ever in black gaf, doesn't enjoy spider man.

It is not my intention to assume anything about you.

I'm just stating my reasons why I don't overthink the show. I'm not telling you not to overthink the show.

Frankly I couldn't really care if you like the show or don't like the show, or if you like to overthink or not overthink things.

I do think you're trying to overthink my original post, however.

Edit: I edited my post before this to make it 100% non assumption compliment. I'm just going to apply the MST3K mantra to your previous post because I can't even fully comprehend it.

Village

I'm not accusing you of.. accusing me of anything. I just used myself as an example of someone who enjoys over thinking.

All I was saying thinking a bit too much isn't always bad.

Sorry if I sounded... personally offended, the type sometimes comes off more hostile than I intend.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think someone on staff said it's Pony Twilight. Because bringing in the Anthroverse Twilight would make far too much sense.

Well, I'm back in the US and just caught up on the three episodes of Pony I missed.

Thoughts:

Sweetie Belle Tolls: Really fantastic episode. As a Luna fan, this episode made me happy. SB was totes adorbs in this episode as well.

Leap of Faith: Lots of fun with this episode and it's a great moral dilemma, but, again,I agree with Forrester in that I was disappointed to see the Flim Flam brothers as all out scam artists this time around. When I originally heard of the episode, I was hoping they'd be on the up and up this time and the episode would sort of redeem them in the Apple Family's eyes. Also Apple Bloom takes over as the totes adorbs pony.

Testing: Really great all around. Definitely top tier episode.

Now I have to catch up in the community thread and all the goings on in the fandom in the last four weeks.

UberTag

I had a big 'ole smile plastered on my face during throughout that entire episode.
We've just had back-to-back classics.
p0QHO.gif

Frantic Fanatic

Neo Member
Someone in the chat of the chat I was paying attention to while the show was playing kept banging on about how Rarity had a green aura on her magic either in the episode or in one of the commercials. Did anyone else catch it? I didn't see it.

Edit: Lol and of course now I can't check because now everyone is editing out the commercials in their rebroadcasts.

Edit Edit: saw the clip, it was her eyes. Eh. That was already explained. Changeling scare averted.

:(

draetenth

Good episode. I think what I enjoyed most was everything that was going on in the background such as the various ponies going about their business. I wonder if that Pegasus in the wheelchair can still fly...

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So my sister had a poster presentation yesterday and 2 people had posters analyzing Bronies (I think they accompanied each other). They weren't very interesting - one of them was basically "Bronies actually aren't a bunch of weird anti-social people: the paper" - but it was still pretty neat to see.

PaulloDEC

I had a big 'ole smile plastered on my face during throughout that entire episode.
We've just had back-to-back classics.
p0QHO.gif

I'm with you, that was great fun. Rarity and Applejack's story was very typical of those two, and Twilight and Pinkie had a weird one that ended up kinda surprising in where it was heading. Dash and Fluttershy stole the show though, obviously.

Liked seeing and hearing all the new one-off characters, too.

Just saw the episode last night (after catching up, I realized watching new episodes in SD is awful so I think I'm going to wait until I get it from iTunes.

Anyway, this is an all right. Compared to the last few, I don't know I didn't find it all that amazing. Not bad, just not really stand out. I did find it funny how, with especially Rainbow's storyline, the episode REALLY resembled an episode of Phineas and Ferb (Tri-State Treasure Boot of Secrets) right down to the long-winded trade sequence.

UberTag

Preview clips are now up for 'Inspiration Manifestation' from series lead writer Meghan McCarthy and 'Rainbow Falls' writer Corey Powell...

Clip #1
Clip #2 (Clips #1 & 2 run pretty much back-to-back)
Clip #3 (spoileriffic)

Season 4 finale megaton confirmed (put as a link for those who want to be surprised): https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net...919_643784182337334_1604770420918167642_n.png
That looks like it's from the
Spike
episode not the finale doesn't it?
The above clips should corroborate $200 here. It's from tomorrow's episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'd say McCarthy is the weakest of the writers. Since the S2 finale, all her stories have been about how only Twilight can save the day and totally marginalizes everyone else. The S4 finale synopsis sounds like it will be more of the same.

PaulloDEC

Yeah, Sleepless in Ponyville was mucho entertaining.
Rainbow Falls and Just for Sidekicks... not so much.

I wasn't much of a fan of Rainbow Falls, but I actually really enjoyed Just for Sidekicks.

I'd say McCarthy is the weakest of the writers. Since the S2 finale, all her stories have been about how only Twilight can save the day and totally marginalizes everyone else. The S4 finale synopsis sounds like it will be more of the same.

Seriously? The author of Dragonshy, Green Isn't Your Colour, Party of One , Lesson Zero, Sweet and Elite and A Canterlot Wedding is "the weakest of the writers"? C'mon Doc.

Whether we like it or not, Twilight is the lead character in Friendship is Magic. She just is. The others aren't much further down the spectrum, but Twilight sits at the top. Finales and openers are probably always going to revolve around her to a greater degree than the others. You can dislike those episodes for that reason, but suggesting they're bad enough to put McCarthy among the worst writers to have worked on the show seems a little disingenuous.

Orcastar

Seriously? The author of Dragonshy, Green Isn't Your Colour, Party of One , Lesson Zero, Sweet and Elite and A Canterlot Wedding is "the weakest of the writers"? C'mon Doc.

Funny how all the episodes you listed are from seasons 1 and 2, back when McCarthy wasn't running the entire show.

PaulloDEC

Funny how all the episodes you listed are from seasons 1 and 2, back when McCarthy wasn't running the entire show.

Sure. She has more on her plate now, not to mention being responsible for the bigger, mythology-heavy stories (i.e. openers and finales). I don't feel like the quality of her writing has declined significantly; she just doesn't get to write the quirky one-off fan-favs like 'Green' or 'Party' anymore.

UberTag

Fun episode but not much to it. Very straightforward moral (i.e. Spike grows a backbone) and it felt like a weaker version of Lesson Zero.

I enjoyed Simple Ways as well because I'm a Rarity fan but they seem to be throwing plots together just to have Tabitha carry an otherwise paper-thin storyline and they really haven't matched A Dog and Pony Show in that regard. Rarity Takes Manehattan is still the best Rarity ep from Season 4.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sure. She has more on her plate now, not to mention being responsible for the bigger, mythology-heavy stories (i.e. openers and finales). I don't feel like the quality of her writing has declined significantly; she just doesn't get to write the quirky one-off fan-favs like 'Green' or 'Party' anymore.

She's totally marginalized the rest of the cast in her openers and finales since she took over. Look back to the Pilot, or RoH and the adventure was most certainly a group effort. With Meghan, the rest of the cast is crammed into a b-plot so Twilight can do everything.

Silvawuff

The episode was good to me -- not fantastic. It had a lot of fun moments, especially Rainbow with the dress. Spike's insecurity shtick is pretty old by now. I wish they found another way to plumb his complexity as a character outside of that, but it did the job.

Also, I now have a taste for vanilla oat swirl ice cream.

Village

The episode was good to me -- not fantastic. It had a lot of fun moments, especially Rainbow with the dress. Spike's insecurity shtick is pretty old by now. I wish they found another way to plumb his complexity as a character outside of that, but it did the job.

Also, I now have a taste for vanilla oat swirl ice cream.

A friend of mine had thought up an interesting way, It basically involves spike just leaving to dragon stuff.
And they address where he is in the comics and parts of some of the episodes, and then they could just sell toys of the dragon stuff.

I personally liked my, just sell dragon toys and the story would come later idea. But i feel that one is kind of valid.

Top Bottom