• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute HappyenD coming to PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

Sorry, I don't watch a lot of "western comedy stuff", can you give me some examples so I don't just write this off as false equivalency?

The Naked Gun Trilogy, Superbad, Fierce Creatures, Star Trek (2009), Simon Birch. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Me, Myself & Irene, Mr Nice Guy, Rush Hour, Kangaroo Jack, Wild Wild West, Buffy, Fawlty Towers, Big Bang Theory, etc.

uFxFd.gif

This thread.

image.php

zroid

Banned
Oh... THAT's why this thread has so many posts. Guess I should've known!

I watched the anime and there really isn't anything particularly scandalous about it. It's actually a pretty interesting commentary on stigmatization of otaku culture in Japan and brother-sister relationships as well. I also read the first volume of the manga... that had a bit more fanservice, admittedly.

Steroyd

Does anime cook your brain or something?

What is wrong with you people?

Has the whole genre gotten so bad that this is how your brain has to bend in order to enjoy the stuff?

If the male character falling on top of the female character trope meant something, every harem show in anime would see the protag getting laid in the first 5 minutes of every harem show, instead of being scared of girls for life.

I like decent anime, you know, Jojo's, Bebop, Champloo, Ghibli, etc.
I just hate what anime has become. I find it hard to find any other fan who doesn't engage in pathetic "waifu" wars, arguing whether pre-pubescent girl no. 129768657585 is cuter than pre-pubescent girl no. 571871202309, even though the only difference between them are their trope personalities and hair colour.

I hope you're watching the new JoJo then.

The Naked Gun Trilogy, Superbad, Fierce Creatures, Star Trek (2009), Simon Birch. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Me, Myself & Irene, Mr Nice Guy, Rush Hour, Kangaroo Jack, Wild Wild West, Buffy, Fawlty Towers, Big Bang Theory, etc.

Now, I'll admit I haven't watched most of those... but I'd surely remember if Kirk peeked on his little sister, or Charley fell onto his sister's breast.

In other words, pics or it didn't happen.

Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't seem to remember underage girls getting exploited in any of those films.

I don't remember 12 year old sisters is a lot of those movies, although there are some I haven't seen. Are you comparing adult sexual situations with this?

vlcsnap-2010-10-25-18h04m17s65-460x258.jpg

I want to clarify my stance because I don't want to be misconstrued...

I don't care about anime tropes, I don't believe these types of anime are turning people into pedos, and I regularly watch all manner of anime of just about every genre (including the occasional harem which often has these tropes).

That said, I can't STAND people who use false equivalencies in arguments. There is no equivalent western trope to the accidently groping your near naked under aged sister's tit. The only time there has been anything close I've ever seen is Game of Thrones. Now, I'm not implying GoT is morally superior to these types of anime (it's not in any way), but a single example is hardly an equivalency.

Stick to the arguments that are valid.

scy

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything out of the west to match anime/manga levels of fanservice that isn't a sexually themed show/movie/etc. to begin with. And, even then, it's an entirely different thing altogether.

Anime/manga fanservice is its own sort of beast.

So as long as they aren't "real" you have no problem with materials that encourage and glorify the abuse of children? I just want to know where you stand.

No, I am not falling into that trap. You're talking about a very much small category in a much larger industry and you well know it. Lolicon is not at all popular outside of Otaku Japan and 4chan, and if you want to overstate the influence of those communities than be my guest.

Uthred

Now, I'll admit I haven't watched most of those... but I'd surely remember if Kirk peeked on his little sister, or Charley fell onto his sister's breast.

In other words, pics or it didn't happen.

I'm not your fucking personal google nor do I give much of a shit whether you believe me or not. My comment was "So in live action western comedy stuff when someone trips or falls and grabs an inappropriate area on someone else does that also imply incest? Or is it ok?" Not "Western comedys are full of people peeping on their sister!". To clarify, I was saying that the "falling and grabbing somewhere inappropriate for comedic purposes" was a trope common to both anime and western comedy, for the specific examples mentioned above Kirk falls "onto" Uhura during a bar brawl. I was not saying "Hey western comedys are full of people feeling up their siblings!" which is apparently what you think I was saying.

Maybe my memory is foggy, but I don't seem to remember underage girls getting exploited in any of those films.

Perhaps you'd care to locate exactly where I said that there were underage girls being exploited in these films? Even in the game series, the nominal point of this thread, no underage girls are getting exploited (not least because entirely fictional characters cant get exploited outside the context of the fiction)

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything out of the west to match anime/manga levels of fanservice that isn't a sexually themed show/movie/etc. to begin with. And, even then, it's an entirely different thing altogether.

Anime/manga fanservice is its own sort of beast.

I agree, the west (or rather America I don't know about Europe) will flip out over a nipple on a woman from any age. Trying to find something equivalent to anime fanservice just won't happen.

scy

So as long as they aren't "real" you have no problem with materials that encourage and glorify the abuse of children? I just want to know where you stand.

I sit.

Perhaps you'd care to locate exactly where I said that there were underage girls being exploited in these films? Even in the game series, the nominal point of this thread, no underage girls are getting exploited (not least because entirely fictional characters cant get exploited outside the context of the fiction)

To be fair, you were responding to someone asking about that specific case so ... yeah.

Well, this topic is a thing. Used to be anti anime but now I'm just neutral I guess, still don't get how this shows crappy game on PSP beat the life out of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Portable. Yea, based on my avatar, you bet I'm still bitter.

As long as it isn't "real", you have no problem with materials that encourage and glorify brutally murdering thousands of people? I just want to know where you stand.

Narag

Well, this topic is a thing. Used to be anti anime but now I'm just neutral I guess, still don't get how this shows crappy game on PSP beat the life out of Persona 2 Eternal Punishment Portable. Yea, based on my avatar, you bet I'm still bitter.

Going to assume a larger fambase.

Lusankya

I want to clarify my stance because I don't want to be misconstrued...

I don't care about anime tropes, I don't believe these types of anime are turning people into pedos, and I regularly watch all manner of anime of just about every genre (including the occasional harem which often has these tropes).

That said, I can't STAND people who use false equivalencies in arguments. There is no equivalent western trope to the accidently groping your near naked under aged sister's tit. The only time there has been anything close I've ever seen is Game of Thrones. Now, I'm not implying GoT is morally superior to these types of anime (it's not in any way), but a single example is hardly an equivalency.

Stick to the arguments that are valid.

Even if they were to try to turn people into "pedos", it would be very hard because the girl is already 14 and hit puberty.

But yeah, on NeoGAF you're already a pedo if you think a 17 year old is attractive.

Uthred

To be fair, you were responding to someone asking about that specific case so ... yeah.

I thought we were discussing the whole "inapproraite groping for comedic effect" trope at large, not the "exploiting underage girls" specific one, clearly a case of miscommunication

Lain

Did you know in Cardcaptor Sakura, Sakura's mum ran off with her teacher and had two children?

It's always been there it's just the rise of the internet brings bigger attention to the shit titles along with the good stuff.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?! And here I was, ignoring this little gem because I only watched pieces of the anime and refused to buy the manga. Maybe it's time to fix this!

TheChaos0

Persona 2 Duology = best Persona :) (albeit I enjoyed P3 and to lesser extent P4 greatly).

scy

I agree, the west (or rather America I don't know about Europe) will flip out over a nipple on a woman from any age. Trying to find something equivalent to anime fanservice just won't happen.

At best, we have sexually-charged slapstick bits and hijinks but nothing quite like anime upskirts and shit. Tend to have more teases with just skintight outfits, cleavage, and clever camera angles hiding nudity, etc. sort of things instead.

I dunno. Fanservice is fanservice to me. Sometimes it's just awkward.

There is no just and loving god.

Persona 2 Duology = best Persona :) (albeit I enjoyed P3 and to lesser extent P4 greatly).

P2EP > P2IS > P4 > P1 = P3 in my opinion.

Anyways there is no incest in this according to a friend of mine who watches a crap load of anime, I reckon try just use that to lure people into watching or, a certain audience of people, I may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom