• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo rewards - new for July 2016

maxcriden

Via Perfectly-Nintendo.

North America

[Wii U] 30% off Earthbound Beginnings (Virtual Console): 20 Gold Coins [until September 1st]
[Wii U] 30% off Mario Kart 8 (eShop): 140 Gold Coins [until September 1st]
[Wii U] 15% off NES Remix (eShop): 150 Platinum Coins [until September 1st]
[Wii U] 15% off Super Mario 3D World (eShop): 300 Platinum Coins [until September 1st]
[Wii U] 15% off Wii Party U (eShop): 600 Platinum Coins [until September 1st]
[Wii U] Super Mario Bros. 3 (Virtual Console): 40 Gold Coins [until October 1st]
[Wii U] Super Mario Kart (Virtual Console): 60 Gold Coins [until October 1st]
[Wii U] Mario Kart 8: DLC Pack 1 (DLC): 60 Gold Coins [until October 1st]
[3DS] 30% off The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (eShop): 50 Gold Coins [until September 1st]
[3DS] 30% off Kid Icarus: Uprising (eShop): 80 Gold Coins [until September 1st]
[3DS] 30% off Fire Emblem Awakening (eShop): 80 Gold Coins [until September 1st]
[3DS] 15% off Mario Party: Island Tour (eShop): 300 Platinum Coins [until September 1st]
[3DS] Metroid II: Return of Samus (Virtual Console): 30 Gold Coins [until October 1st]
[3DS] Wario Land 3 (Virtual Console): 40 Gold Coins [until October 1st]
[3DS] Donkey Kong 3 (Virtual Console): 40 Gold Coins [until October 1st]

-

****Please note EU usually gets additional rewards mid-month.*****

Europe

[New 3DS] 50% off Pilotwings (Virtual Console): 25 Gold Coins [available until September 16th]
[Wii U] 50% off Pilotwings (Virtual Console): 25 Gold Coins [available until September 16th]
[Wii U] 40% off Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (eShop): 60 Gold Coins [available until Septemer 16th]
[3DS] 20% off Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition (eShop): 600 Platinum Coins [available until September 16th]
[New 3DS] Pilotwings (Virtual Console): 65 Gold Coins [available until November 1st]
[Wii U] Pilotwings (Virtual Console): 65 Gold Coins [available until November 1st]

-

Japan

[3DS] 20% off The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D (eShop): 65 Gold Coins [until September 30th]
[3DS] 20% off Famicom Remix: Best Choice (eShop): 55 Gold Coins [until September 30th]
[3DS] 25% off Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (eShop): 25 Gold Coins [until September 30th]
[Wii U] 20% off New Super Mario Bros. U (eShop): 80 Gold Coins [until September 30th]

--

Ongoing list of rewards, including these and previous rewards not yet expired: http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/my-nintendo-list-of-rewards-europe-north-america-japan/

I wish they would make rewards for new games or games that aren't out yet. A bit hard 3+ years in when I own mostly everything
Don't have Earthbound beginnings, but I don't want it either. Maybe DKC3?
Well nothing for me. Not that I have any way to get platinum coins anyway.
You can get a couple every week by just logging into miiverse, the eShop, and my Nintendo

Mr Rivuz

You can get a couple every week by just logging into miiverse, the eShop, and my Nintendo
I always read this but i can't see how to get coins for logging in to my nintendo. I get the miiverse and eshop ones every week, but i see no mission about my nintendo...

joedick

Do they still do the 'nintendo.com' bonus? I couldn't seem to get it to work the other day.

Also, I look forward to 2018 when we'll be almost done with 'better than nothing' jokes.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
NES Remix is easily worth $8.50, and 150 Platinum Coins is very easily obtainable, so pick that up if don't have it already.

I'm personally going to grab these if I get the gold coins to spend.

[Wii U] 30% off Earthbound Beginnings (Virtual Console): 20 Gold Coins [until September 1st]
[3DS] Metroid II: Return of Samus (Virtual Console): 30 Gold Coins [until October 1st]
[3DS] Wario Land 3 (Virtual Console): 40 Gold Coins [until October 1st]
[3DS] Donkey Kong 3 (Virtual Console): 40 Gold Coins [until October 1st]

Fewr

Been waiting for a discount for Earthbound Beginnings, this is good enough.

Question: If I have the physical copy of Zelda OoT and buy digital, will my save work on digital?

Ridley327

Question: If I have the physical copy of Zelda OoT and buy digital, will my save work on digital?

I'm pretty sure you would have to do a save backup in order to transfer it over to the digital version. It's one of the options you get whenever you're on a game in the OS.

maxcriden

I always read this but i can't see how to get coins for logging in to my nintendo. I get the miiverse and eshop ones every week, but i see no mission about my nintendo...

There's a coin on the floor when you log in. Click it

This, and you also get 30 points for going on Nintendo.com while logged in. :)

I'm pretty sure you would have to do a save backup in order to transfer it over to the digital version. It's one of the options you get whenever you're on a game in the OS.

As Niraj said below, you'll need the save data transfer tool. Ridley, did you mean for Wii U games, perhaps? With those, I think your existing save is carried over, and then the digital downloads to wherever you have your save (internal or external HD).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Download the "save data transfer tool" off the eShop and follow the instructions. It's pretty simple.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm not thrilled that I was right, but yes, My Nintendo is as bad if not worst than the late stages of Club Nintendo. I never understood the logic people had before this launched that Nintendo would somehow suddenly 'get it' when it came to a loyalty program.

udivision

Hmm... Idk. This service would probably be a bit better with a new console. I bought the games I wanted when they came out. Offering discounts for old games is a function of the market that would happen naturally anyway.

I guess it'd help if I had more interest in VC stuff.

El Odio

Banned
Another rotation of rewards that I already own all of. Guess that's what happens when they launch this thing at the end of their consoles lifespan.

FLD

Damn it, why are all the good VC games only for Wii U? I'd be all over SMB3 on 3DS. :(

I'll probably have to end up grabbing a Game Boy game again. Not that I particularly want to play it, but I guess Metroid II will have to do...

ika

EU rewards are pretty bad :( The only things I don't have yet and can get with Platinum Coins are two Picross games and the Pocket Football Club... And Miitomo tickets... -__-

I suppose most of my 3.000 coins will expire before they add new rewards... physical or not.

I've been using Miitomo every single day to get Platinum Coins expecting some cool rewards or discounts, these rewards are not an incentive to keep launching the app (I hate they ask you to take a Miiphoto every single day and you have to go through several prompts to decline, wasting time and testing my patience lol), so I'm considering stop using it like most of my friends / contacts.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna grab the Ocarina of Time 3D discount and Wario Land 3. Hope I have enough gold coins. Wish more stuff required platinum instead of gold, or at least that prices for the latter were lower.

kennah

Does dlc count for gold points? I currently have 50 gold coins. Could I buy the 2nd Mario kart dlc and then get the first for free?

Ogodei

This reminds me that i haven't paid a lick of attention to my account since i switched over.

Hopefully NX has your status integrated on the OS. I almost feel like i can't be bothered to go look up my status otherwise, but free stuff makes it worth the bother.

alucas92

Neo Member
I think it'll be better once the NX comes out, see right now as more of a trial period for them to work out any kinks and see what kind of rewards are popular

MANUELF

Banned
Dont expect physical rewards, remember that MyNintendo is available in more countries than Club Nintendo ever did, for example is available in Mexico and Brazil
Does dlc count for gold points? I currently have 50 gold coins. Could I buy the 2nd Mario kart dlc and then get the first for free?
They dont, is games above $5 only

Top Bottom