• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Secret Terrius, a NETFLIX drama that 'predicted' CORONAVIRUS outbreak back in 2018

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Yeah, the culture in Korea/Taiwan and other areas of Asia is more aware of these threats, to the point that they even imagined a virus of similar characteristics.

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
Imagining a mutated Virus with two weeks incubation time isnt fortune telling.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They have known about this for some time.

https://cmr.asm.org/content/cmr/20/4/660.full.pdf

15u7c6u.png

dGVh5cd.png

This escaped from a lab, or was purposely let out.

A.Romero

The TV show The good place has a character that comes from Florida and is really dumb. In an episode he casually comments that there is a flu with his name that was created after kissing a bat.

Great writers but nothing more than a simple coincidence.

jts

...hate me...
90% mortality rate isn't even close to what we have fortunately, and if it attacked the lungs in 5 minutes it would seriously hamper its spreading ability. People would die and look seriously sick before they would have the chance to spread it.

And coronavirus is just a kind of virus. It doesn't describe the Covid-19 in particular.

I'm gonna say this myth is busted.

Kenpachii

90% mortality rate isn't even close to what we have fortunately, and if it attacked the lungs in 5 minutes it would seriously hamper its spreading ability. People would die and look seriously sick before they would have the chance to spread it.

And coronavirus is just a kind of virus. It doesn't describe the Covid-19 in particular.

I'm gonna say this myth is busted.

Wasn't that what killed that other virus in africa ebola i believe, the moment it could spread u couldn't walk anymore.

Mr Hyde

Dean Koontz predicted it in 1981 with his novel "The Eyes of Darkness". The novel tells the story about a Chinese scientist who develops a biological weapon called Gorki-400. This name was later changed to "Wuhan-400" in later editions of the novel.

Top Bottom