• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My USPS package is in limbo? How does one kick it out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mully

I bought a much needed phone off of Ebay last week. It was shipped this past Monday and has been in limbo ever since. For the past four days it has moved five miles from a USPS facility just north of LA, to another one south of LA, back to the northern facility, then back to the south facility by Thursday. Today, it left the southern facility, only to return to the same southern facility by 1PM, and then depart the same facility at 4PM.

I've bought from this seller before. He has good feedback and has personally emailed me with other issues I've had with previous phones. I'm not worried about getting worked over by him. However, it seems that USPS has decided to take that devious act into their own hands. I just emailed the seller and I'm expecting that he's been through this before and will know how to handle it, but I can't help to think how shitty USPS must be to ship a package bound for the east coast across LA more than three times in four days and not see a red flag.

Have any GAF members had similar problems? How were they resolved?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Sounds like it was just a mis-sort. Things like this happen unfortunately. This week is Mothers Day so there is increased volume. The good news is that there is movement on the tracking number.

SummitAve

Banned
Seems like it's moving, and it's been less than a week. Could be logistical reasons or a mistake. Patience will resolve your issue.

zeopower6

I recently had a package bound for Washington end up in Texas before being re-sorted and shipped off to its actual destination a few days late, lol. It'll probably sort itself out.

Try calling USPS and giving them your tracking number and see if they can sort things out.

If not, maybe see if you can get the phone number for one of the individual facilities that your package goes back and fourth between and chew them out on the phone to maybe get them to check a little closer.

Mully

Try calling USPS and giving them your tracking number and see if they can sort things out.

If not, maybe see if you can get the phone number for one of the individual facilities that your package goes back and fourth between and chew them out on the phone to maybe get them to check a little closer.

Should I or the seller contact them? I don't want to confuse them.

Mully

This is what my tracking history looks like. I just, I just don't get it.
BnPkfeSCcAI-tpd.png

USPS is a nightmare. Hope you used PayPal for buyer protection.

Every time I order something from Amazon, I pray that I'm lucky enough to get UPS, FedEx, Lasership, blind guy down the street...anyone but that shitty $200 billion debt-ridden sack of uselessness known as USPS.

Two packages lost in the last month, and one returned to seller because "Carrier could not locate delivery address."

:-\

USPS is a nightmare. Hope you used PayPal for buyer protection.

Every time I order something from Amazon, I pray that I'm lucky enough to get UPS, FedEx, Lasership, blind guy down the street...anyone but that shitty $200 billion debt-ridden sack of uselessness known as USPS.

Two packages lost in the last month, and one returned to seller because "Carrier could not locate delivery address."

:-
That sucks. I've never had a problem with any of the major 3 companies.
Let them know though if you can. That way they could investigate it possibly?

Mully

No problem, glad I could help =)

My best guess would be that it may be in Santa Clarita, CA
If not, it may have moved to Sherman Oaks, CA

I feel like this is start of Dogma's sequel. After the events of Dogma, Bradley Cooper and Randy Newman must journey across a barren United States to find out what happened to their package of weed which has found itself in a never ending circle of USPS sorting facilities in suburban Los Angeles. During their trek across the fly-over states they learn their weed holds God himself and he can only be released after they stop the never-ending USPS circle and smoke the weed. Along the way they fight the DEA, evangelicals, and health care professionals. Coming soon July 2016.

Nevasleep

Speak to your local delivery office if you can, and make sure they and you know your correct address etc
Also two packages going missing in month is a lot. Probably more like two in twenty years for most people. Your delivery guy might be dodgy.

I believe its always the shipper that has to do deal with type of thing unless its already delivered.

That's for filing a claim for a lost shipment, and only with certain shipper/seller combinations (UPS requires you to go through Amazon for claims, likely cuz they know Amazon will eat the cost most of the time). This is just a tracking issue, and there's nothing more the seller can do than the recipient goes in regards to tracking updates.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
That's for filing a claim for a lost shipment, and only with certain shipper/seller combinations (UPS requires you to go through Amazon for claims, likely cuz they know Amazon will eat the cost most of the time). This is just a tracking issue, and there's nothing more the seller can do than the recipient goes in regards to tracking updates.

UPS requires you to go through Amazon because Amazon is the shipper and actual customer of UPS. And Amazon doesnt just eat the cost, if a package is lost, damaged, or stolen they get money back. Even if a UPS shipment is one minute late Amazon gets full refund on the cost of shipping.

cbrun44

I've had the same issue on several occasions. USPS will do nothing. It might take a while but ultimately you'll get your package smashed to hell and back.

n64coder

Recently I got two games from Newegg that were released on the same day (Kirby Triple Deluxe & Mario Golf). Both were shipped by USPS/DHL. Kirby was shipped from CA to MA and arrived in 1 day. Mario Golf was shipped from NJ to MA and took a week. Part of that was due to DHL. The other part was USPS Smart Post where it sat in a sorting facility for 4 days before moving on.

sangreal

you don't need to file an official claim or anything -- there is a form or something online where you can email them to get them to look into it. I did it before and it was pretty painless. They even CC'd me on the internal communication:

Got an apology too

I regret learning of the inconvenience you have experienced. The Postal Service is aware of the frustration and disappointment caused when we do not live up to our commitment of reliable mail service. The Postal Service prides itself on the safe carriage and delivery of over 99.99 percent of all items placed in its care.

Unfortunately, Delivery Confirmation is not tracking and tracing and does not allow us to ascertain the actual address of delivery, only confirmation of delivery. According to our website a notice of attempted delivery was left on 06/01/13. If you have still not received the mailpiece, we suggest that you contact the sender to inform them of the situation.

An apology is no substitute for good service, but I want to offer one on behalf of the Postal Service. We appreciate your reporting this matter to us. It helps to know the kinds of difficulties our customers have so we can work toward improvements. The delay of any piece of mail is as disappointing to us as it is to you.

Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you.

Sincerely,

Supervisor Customer Services
Montclair Post Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom