• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How should I handle this purchase I made online that I haven't received?

Shantae

Banned
I bought a vinyl record online. Looks like the purchase was made around mid-late April. I didn't realize at the time I got it, but it was coming from Hong Kong. With the whole covid thing, I wasn't sure how badly it would affect the item being shipped, but the seller still seemed to ship it out promptly, at least according to the information they gave. They gave me a tracking number, but the tracking number has been useless. Ever since May 4th, it said on the HK tracking site that it was already given to the US. Every time I try tracking it on the USPS site, it says "USPS Tracking® is unavailable for this product for HONG KONG." It has said this all the time, and nothing any different.

I think I've been patient, I figured with covid, it might take longer than normal, but I'm coming up to 2 months here.

I messaged the seller last week if they had any better means of tracking, and they gave me the usual stuff, that because of covid, shipping might be delayed, and it could take 35-55 days to arrive. Yesterday was the 55th day, and still no package, and no indication when it might arrive.

Not sure if I should submit a request for refund on paypal, or what. What would you do in my situation?

Shantae

Banned
That's it. It's no harder than it has to be.
Well I mean it seems iffy and kinda shitty to do that because there was some kind of tracking number given, and it sounds like that it was shipped out, but is maybe lost in the mail or something.

V2Tommy

Well I mean it seems iffy and kinda shitty to do that because there was some kind of tracking number given, and it sounds like that it was shipped out, but is maybe lost in the mail or something.

Even if so, that’s not your concern. You paid for a thing and didn’t get it. Simple as that.

Doesn't matter, you paid for something and didn't get it. It's not the sellers fault it seems, but that doesn't mean it should affect you.

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
Not all hope is lost. Actually I would say you are very likely to receive it still. I had a similar purchase that arrived some day ago. 10 weeks instead of the usual 1-2 weeks with no updates on the tracking. Paypal dispute can wait if that was the payment method, and you can check the date on the transaction until opening a dispute is no longer an option, usually months.

eot

Banned
I had a parcel from China take forever. Turns out they had mixed up "Austria" and "Australia" lol. They day after I got them to send me a replacement the original showed up (so I got two).

Cutty Flam

Banned
I recently purchased an item I did not know was coming from China as well on ebay, ironically, it was a face mask to protect myself and others

I ordered it on April 14th and it didn’t get here until the end of May so six weeks total. I've heard about things from China taking a long time but I didn't realize it could really take months. You'll probably get your item it's just likely going to take an extreme amount of time.

Shantae

Banned
So an update for anyone who cares....I ordered a vinyl record of AKB48's Koisuru Fortune Cookie song. Not a big AKB48 fan, but I collect vinyl, and I like the song, and it's one of the only songs of theirs that's on vinyl, so was looking forward to it.

Naturally since it was a 12 inch vinyl I was expecting, I figured it'd be a flat package. I go to the post office to pick it up, and they give me a weird brick shaped package...and I'm like "wtf?"

I open it up and it has these inside

ksHO08k.jpg

I'm a late 80s, early 90s kid and love this movie, but....this is not what I ordered by a long shot lol They're kinda cool, but what the heck lol

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
So an update for anyone who cares....I ordered a vinyl record of AKB48's Koisuru Fortune Cookie song. Not a big AKB48 fan, but I collect vinyl, and I like the song, and it's one of the only songs of theirs that's on vinyl, so was looking forward to it.

Naturally since it was a 12 inch vinyl I was expecting, I figured it'd be a flat package. I go to the post office to pick it up, and they give me a weird brick shaped package...and I'm like "wtf?"

ksHO08k.jpg

I'm a late 80s, early 90s kid and love this movie, but....this is not what I ordered by a long shot lol They're kinda cool, but what the heck lol
w... wha...
well a refund should be easy to acquire, lmao

Shantae

Banned
w... wha...
well a refund should be easy to acquire, lmao
Yeah, I dunno what to do. I think I'm just gonna keep my dispute going on paypal lol. The tracking number they gave me still says it's not trackable, even though I picked it up.

I sure as hell don't wanna pay for shipping back to HK though. How the hell did he confuse my order for figures?? I bought this off discogs.

/sigh, can't even order another copy of the record right now because all the ones on discogs are in Japan and Japan is not allowing international shipping right now.

ksHO08k.jpg

lol I find it funny that they sent Raphael twice, but no Michaelangelo.
EDIT: Oh, just saw the names in the boxes -- it Michaelangelo looked red to me haha

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Yeah, I dunno what to do. I think I'm just gonna keep my dispute going on paypal lol. The tracking number they gave me still says it's not trackable, even though I picked it up.

I sure as hell don't wanna pay for shipping back to HK though. How the hell did he confuse my order for figures?? I bought this off discogs.

/sigh, can't even order another copy of the record right now because all the ones on discogs are in Japan and Japan is not allowing international shipping right now.
The seller might be able to solve this faster than Paypal, good chance they'll just go "aw fuck shit sorry" and understand that a return isn't a possibility. Or maybe I've just been lucky with Hong Kong orders (well, unlucky, cuz I've had to get a refund for a few).

Shantae

Banned
Huh...I didn't expect to update this after those figures arrived, but to my surprise, another package arrived today and it had my vinyl inside of it after all.

2d614lK.jpg

I guess I got what I wanted, AND some free ninja turtles figures lol

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's all up in the air, but glad you got your package.

I ordered several things that shipped from China around the time of lockdown (mid-to-late March) and none of them arrived. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, contacted them, and even waited an extra week or two before requesting a refund from Amazon. If any of them actually arrive I'll honor my deal and pay them somehow.

Top Bottom