• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mysterious Spider With Blood-Red Fangs Found in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitme

simpsons-fire.gif

Stencil

I thought I read about this and it was just a normal (forget the species) spider with mutated coloration genes?

GhaleonEB

Best first post ever?

Their "scientist " was of the "ooh look at this cool snake dealie!! Let's touch everything!" variety.

Followed shortly by the "oh god why is this alien space penis killing me".

This guy knew it was a funnel web spider and still poked the tunnel.

jambo

I don't get the Prometheus joke (haven't watched the film). I feel left out. Can someone explain?

In the film there is a biologist who pokes at an alien life form, and well... you can probably guess what happens next.

Most people said it was a dumb scene, as why would a scientist do that.

I don't get the Prometheus joke (haven't watched the film). I feel left out. Can someone explain?

Scientists in Prometheus went fucking around in an abandoned space ship, came across an alien penis Snake and decided to play with it, it killed one and turned the other into a deformed zombie. You'd assume since they're scientists they'd know better.

Toxi

Banned
In the film there is a biologist who pokes at an alien life form, and well... you can probably guess what happens next.

The difference between this scientist and the Prometheus scientist is that this scientist actually knew the spider couldn't do shit to him because it's just a spider, not an alien penis snake that for all we know shits nightmares.

The scene in Prometheus is still mindbogglingly dumb.

Zyrox

Scientists in Prometheus went fucking around in an abandoned space ship, came across an alien penis Snake and decided to play with it, it killed one and turned the other into a deformed zombie. You'd assume since they're scientists they'd know better.

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation. Man that sounds really dumb.

As for the spider here, of course it was found in Australia. Judging by the picture, I'd classify it as a Nopus Nopidopus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom