• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

opoth

Banned
No Mike love? Joking of course, sounds like a good idea.

Mike Love's a jerk.

Wait...the premier is coming soon or the announcement?

It wouldn't surprise me if the cat was let out of the bag about the premier a couple weeks before it actually happens, at the same time they announce the date the series goes live. (I would assume the series would be going up on Netflix within ~days of the premier)

gabbo

Well at least their kickstarter team responded to me. Looks like I'm going to be getting a really late shipment.

mclem

Oh, I *assumed* the tube I received before Christmas (and only collected over the weekend) was the poster, but I guess not - that must be another KS, then.

opoth

Banned
theres still no date on this bad boy?

I'm sure a date can be somewhat inferred by the people who donated to the KS at a tier that got them tickets to the premiere, but they're sworn to secrecy. Sounds like we're getting close. Hope it's March or April at the latest.

Dug around on the official MST3K message board and found the list. I cannot confirm the legitimacy of this whatsoever, but spoilers anyway:

Reptilicus
Cry Wilderness
Time Travelers
Avalanche
The Beast of Hollow Mountain
Starcrash
The Land That Time Forgot
Hercules
Yongary
Wizards 1
Wizards 2
Carnival Magic
The Christmas That Almost Wasn't
At the Earth's Core

I was pretty excited to get my reward t-shirt in the mail the other day. I opted for the spaghetti ball shirt rather than the monster movie poster. It's kinda funny that the shirt says "Keep circulating the URL" but there's no URL on the shirt itself.

opoth

Banned
I really want to handle my viewing of this season as old school as possible, but I think it will be impossible. In a perfect world I could watch one a week over the span of 3 months without knowing the title of the next episode until I watch it, but unfortunately I'll probably be forced to take the week off and watch 2 a day.

Its my only regret about the Netflix style, everyone will be watching at different paces. I always thought this was a show worth a watch or two per episode and a discussion with the fan community on your favorite parts while waiting for the next episode.

Tom_Cody

Funkos of the new bot designs.

https://funko.com/blogs/news/londontoyfair17mst3k

DtdBy3r.jpg

jsyI7Wp.jpg

mclem

Wonder how lanky Crow's arms are, kind of hard to tell when they're pointing straight at the viewer.

There was an interview with Joel on the Revival League podcast (didn't even know these existed, might be worth tracking them down). Someone has transcribed it.

Spoiler related to a spoiler from earlier on this page:
I note Joel is still using the "TV's Son of TV's Frank" terminology. Incorrect rumour? More storyline?

Edit: Although I note
That TV's Son... is listed separately from Patton. Hmmm.

what's the story arc for Jonah, for Felicia, for the robots, for Patton, or for TV's Son of TV's Frank.

Update: Episodes due to be finished on Feb 14. "Probably won't be released before late March"

Joel said:
Right now, we're still finishing up post-production on all the new episodes -- that's basically when we make sure everything looks and sounds "just right" – and I think we're still on track to make our current deadline and "lock" all of the episodes on Valentine's Day, February 14th!

After that, there will still be other details that need to get worked out, so I'm guessing the show probably won't be released before late March. (And you know, it could be later.)

There's also another part to the update that's backer-only that Joel asked not to share online, so check your emails if you're a backer.

Fisty

Update: Episodes due to be finished on Feb 14. "Probably won't be released before late March"

There's also another part to the update that's backer-only that Joel asked not to share online, so check your emails if you're a backer.

Joel mentioned the "tempo" would be a bit different... hopefully they don't go ADHD/over-the-top-zany with it, that has been my main fear.

Tom_Cody

Exciting, but I think I'm going to save my money on this one. I have too many expensive live events lined up for the near future already.

Strongly tempted though.

I got the email from Joel chiding the backers. Come on did he really think in this day and age that no one was going to post those links online somewhere? Just for the record it wasn't me. 😇

Hey folks, giving away my 2 LA premiere tickets because I just learned that I'm going to be unavailable the week it's taking place.

The redeem link expires Friday night, but I'm not sure if I should be discussing the premiere date openly, so please PM. Just be sure of your availability for the latter half of this month.

opoth

Banned
The comment about the tempo has me a little nervous. Jonah is a funny guy but his delivery in the reunion special had me hoping that it was somewhat down to nervousness and his regular performance would be a little more subdued.

Re-posting for new page:

Hey folks, giving away my 2 LA premiere tickets because I just learned that I'm going to be unavailable the week it's taking place.

The redeem link expires Friday night, but I'm not sure if I should be discussing the premiere date openly, so please PM. Just be sure of your availability for the latter half of this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom