• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N++ |OT| Time is money

DirtyLarry

1: There are 3 trophies for beating a first row, middle row and last row episode without death, that's all
2: It just always shows your name and score at the bottom in case you're not in the list displayed
3: I think it's just highlighting your score depending on the color scheme
Thank you for the replies, and...

1) the game will remember that you did this, but it's not revealed/unlocked until much later (also: there are a few trophies that require no-death runs)

2) this is a bug, we'll fix it in the next update, sorry!

3) we coloured your score differently to make it stand out/easier to see in a full list.
Thank you for the replies!!
For #3, I actually think that works really well making it another color, especially if #2 is a bug and will be fixed. Makes complete sense and good design choice.

Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions and congrats on making a stellar sequel!

BashNasty

Anyone know if there's a way to view full leaderboards? I'd love to see exactly how many people have played my levels (and watch the replays of the lowest ranked runs), but I don't see anyway to actually view players past (generally) number 19 on the leaderboard.

Also, on that topic, being able to watch replays of other players going through your levels is going to be an amazing tool for level design. It'll help me figure out what's working and what's not far quicker than I could have before.

1) the game will remember that you did this, but it's not revealed/unlocked until much later (also: there are a few trophies that require no-death runs)

2) this is a bug, we'll fix it in the next update, sorry!

3) we coloured your score differently to make it stand out/easier to see in a full list.

Speaking of bugs, are you aware of the save corruption bug that someone reported earlier in the thread? While I haven't experienced it myself, it sounds pretty critical, and I would feel much better knowing that these types of bugs were being given the highest priority.

BashNasty

Speaking of bugs, are you aware of the save corruption bug that someone reported earlier in the thread? While I haven't experienced it myself, it sounds pretty critical, and I would feel much better knowing that these types of bugs were being given the highest priority.

I was the one who made that post. To hazard a guess as to why it happened, I started playing the game the moment the countdown timer hit zero, I actually got the little pop-up that N++ was avalible to play as I was sitting on the main menu. No idea if that could have been the culprit, but thought I'd mention it anyway. For what it's worth, I'd also had both the patch and the game preloaded for hours at that point.

Thankfully, I've experienced no bugs since.

Unfortunately out of 82 people, nobody on my friends list has this game. I would like to add some of you cause leaderboards are fun :)

PSN: ck716

Hi -- sorry about this, we made some last-minute changes to that level that ended up making that gold impossible... we'll fix it the next update!

No wonder. I just couldn't figure that one out

about unlocking colours: a new colour will unlock after every 5 non-intro episodes you beat. (this includes Solo/Race/Co-op, both N++ and Legacy).

Eventually you will run out of new colours to unlock, but that will be after about 250 beaten episodes ;)

Thanks for the clarification :) I'm new to this series and was under the impression that we had to do columns which can get super difficult when you get to the lower ones for someone like me

BashNasty

Unfortunately out of 82 people, nobody on my friends list has this game. I would like to add some of you cause leaderboards are fun :)

PSN: ck716

Hell yea, currently it's just my brother and I on my friends leaderboard, so I need more people. I've been creating a bunch of levels too, so I'd love to have more level creators on my friends list so we can try each other's shit and swap tips.

PSN: Mageical

PSN: Espanajefff

Always down for leaderboard competitions!

I want to do nothing but play this game. When I get home, it's on! I'll be streaming as well.

Have gold on all tutorial levels. Now just running through the next set.

ShawnMcGrath

Dyad Developer

I am aware of it happening three separate times, but I can't reproduce it.

If it happens to anyone please email me: shawn.mcgrath@gmail.com with as detailed of a description as possible explaining what you were doing before it happened. Finding and fixing this is my highest priority right now.

PS: don't bother emailing anything else to that address, it's already a throw-away/spam account, but I'm checking it for bug reports.

Kalor

It would be nice to have some people to compare times with since no-one on my friend list has the game.

PSN: smalltroubl

I wish there was a way to tell how many people have played/died on your level but I might be missing something.

I've been surprised by the lack of Mario 1-1 levels. So far I've only seen one level of the start of 1-1 and a level I made which has the underground part of 1-1.

Mr.Ock

BTW set "numberwang" in options to 1 if you want to actually be able to read your completion %

You're kind of supposed to give up on that level, I was surprised to see so many people in here and on Twitter forcing their way through it. It's just there to teach you not to obsess over 100% from the get go

Oh, I was talking about the level he posted a video about, "deadly didactic device", but yeah guys, that is a very good piece of advice. Obsessing over collecting all the gold in levels breaks the pacing immensely, don't do that disservice to you! (I'm just an OCD fucker, I've collected all gold in intro levels but given up on it in N++ levels because it just gets hard)

mare

Neo Member

yes, we're looking into it right now, it's highest priority for us because N++ is the exact worst type of game to lose your save file!! Still not sure what the cause is but we're trying to figure it out.

mare

Neo Member
Thanks for the clarification :) I'm new to this series and was under the impression that we had to do columns which can get super difficult when you get to the lower ones for someone like me

Previously the game was designed to be played in columns, this time we adapted it so that experts can play columns, but non-experts can play row-by-row for a more gradual challenge ;)

Steroyd

The right kind of nightmarish platforming and there's a goal for completionists, dear lord this game is going to take a while... Without the user created levels to consider jaysus.

And couch co-op, beautiful couch co-op, it's beautiful. T_T

baconcow

Co-op races are the best aspects of this game. I cannot wait to see more levels made by users. There is one co-op race level, in the intro, that seems a little unfair/unfun with respect to the spawn zone location. We were playing 1v1 and both killed, just to be camp killed instantly upon each respawn. It wasn't until the "You Suck" appeared that the surrounding enemies disappeared and we could leave the spawn zone.

Oh, I was talking about the level he posted a video about, "deadly didactic device", but yeah guys, that is a very good piece of advice. Obsessing over collecting all the gold in levels breaks the pacing immensely, don't do that disservice to you! (I'm just an OCD fucker, I've collected all gold in intro levels but given up on it in N++ levels because it just gets hard)

I was trying to collect all the gold in a column to see if it might make a new episode appear at the bottom of that column. Still haven't made it yet - that one piece of gold on that one level has held me back!

There's a
trophy for completing all the expert levels or something, and I wondered where those levels could be...

mattp

FYI: I just bought the game a few hours ago and the pre-order discount still applied. It was listed as $20 in the store but changed to $16 when I went to checkout. This was the U.S. PSN store fwiw, worth a shot if people are worried about having missed the discount.

what the hell, seriously?
i bought it right before posting that, and it charged me 20 bucks!

BashNasty

yes, we're looking into it right now, it's highest priority for us because N++ is the exact worst type of game to lose your save file!! Still not sure what the cause is but we're trying to figure it out.

Is there any way to view more than just the first 20 people on the global leaderboard? I'm really interested in seeing how many total people have played my levels and I can't find anyway to do it.

Is there any way to view more than just the first 20 people on the global leaderboard? I'm really interested in seeing how many total people have played my levels and I can't find anyway to do it.

It's not ideal, but if you haven't already, you could set a really bad time so you go to the bottom of the leaderboard.

SerTapTap

It's an added layer of fun to go back and destroy levels where gold felt impossible and then you get it no problem--though later N++ stuff is just plain brutal I'm not sure I'll ever get it all. But personally it's kind of liberating since I know I don't have to to get all trophies or anything. I do think I'll run for platinum, but certainly not 100% gold

The level design, art, music.

Superb. Worth the wait

It's surprising how effective the art style is, I love it. And there is SO MUCH music good lord

Speaking of bugs, I've got a display-related one where the gameplay ends up surrounded by borders:

njmscg.gif

For what it's worth, I'm running the system at 720p (old TV and all that) through HDMI and neither rebooting the PS4 or the game fixes it. Haven't had this issue elsewhere.

Speaking of bugs, I've got a display-related one where the gameplay ends up surrounded by borders:

njmscg.gif

For what it's worth, I'm running the system at 720p (old TV and all that) through HDMI and neither rebooting the PS4 or the game fixes it. Haven't had this issue elsewhere.

Have you adjusted the display setting within the PS4 OS?

CLEEK

hey -- if you hit the exit accidentally, you can hold R1 + press Triangle to retry after victory.

Also, on the episode grid, press Triangle to switch into individual levels mode -- you have to unlock the levels by beating them in episode mode, but after that you can play them separately (so you can go back to that one level you missed some gold on without having to replay all 5 in the episode).

Sweet. That's for the reply.

hawk2025

I had the screen cut-off "issue" during the beta, but it's actually not an issue at all:

N++ uses the **whole** screen, unlike most other PS4 games. This means that if your screen dimensions (accessed through the PS4's Settings main menu, not within the game) are a little off, you will immediately notice it -- so make sure to check that first :)

cyba89

This really is an addicting game. Just wanted to take a first look before going to sleep and ended up playing this two hours straight.
It's really great and everything in the menus feels so snappy and instant.
And that soundtrack is so good.

BashNasty

Can't wait to get home and log back on. I have more color schemes to unlock. I love uploading levels before work or before going to bed then coming back to see my leaderboard filled with replays I can watch of people running my shit.

ChanMan

Man I really wish demos were still popular so I can actually try this out before I think about buying it but I understand that takes time and money to create that.

Ehker

Some of my screen is cut off, does not seem to be a way to fix it in thr options
Like QuantumBro mentions above, make sure your screen size is set in the PS4 OS settings. I believe you'll have to quit the game and relaunch after to see a difference.

Stackboy

Man I really wish demos were still popular so I can actually try this out before I think about buying it but I understand that takes time and money to create that.

Yeah I need to see reviews, if the game is too crazy tough or I'm going to burn out quick I will save my money.

BeeDog

I start up the game for the first time ever (bought it while on a vacation), then I hear the soundtrack pumping in the menu and notice the game is playing Acronym - 16 Cygni. I squeal like the happiest idiot in the world and immediately realize this will be a good game.

I also just looked up the soundtrack on their webpage; this game has immediately rised to have the best licensed soundtrack in music history (mainly since it's pretty much only techno). Yup yup, this will certainly be a good game.

1emons

Neo Member

Yeah I need to see reviews, if the game is too crazy tough or I'm going to burn out quick I will save my money.

You could play the free original flash game or download the demo for N+ from the Xbox 360 Marketplace if you want an idea of how it plays.

I will say playing the first N game today feels like crap after spending a few hours with N++.

Kensuke

Just got gold in all the intro levels. Some levels were painful and I needed some hints from replays, but I did it. Could platinum be doable?

joecanada

If the online was going to be poor (and hey, it's PSN) then it's better for everyone that it's not there. You wouldn't have much fun playing co-op which can require split-second timing if there's constant lag.

Obviously I'd rather online was there, but I'll take no online over bad online.

Huh? What does PSN have to do with it. They could choose dedicated servers if they wanted. PSN has been doing lag free online since ps2 days when it's done right

XaosWolf

It means you've completed the episode one time, and died 51 times.

Well played =P

Haha that makes sense! That was all the god damn Stars level I'm sure. =P

Numberwang being mentioned in the options put a huge smile on my face. (Mitchell and Webb are my all time favourite sketch duo)

New worst enemy is the shadow ninja. F them guys.

The right kind of nightmarish platforming and there's a goal for completionists, dear lord this game is going to take a while... Without the user created levels to consider jaysus.

And couch co-op, beautiful couch co-op, it's beautiful. T_T

yeah it's amazing. I get frustrated and put the controller down but of course I'm back an hour later craving more. The amount of stuff to do is just unbelievable. I haven't even checked out the user created levels yet

Top Bottom