• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA: Nintendo eShop Sale now live - plus extra 10% off for MyN members

maxcriden

Nintendo has kicked off a new sale across the North American Wii U and 3DS eShops. Until January 25 at 8:59 AM PT / 11:59 AM ET, gamers can save on games such as Splatoon, Freedom Planet, Affordable Space Adventures, Pocket Jockey, Gurumin 3D, and more. My Nintendo members can save an extra 10 percent on participating titles.

The full lineup is as follows:

Wii U

Splatoon – $46.79 (was $59.99)
Mario Party 10 – $23.39 (was $29.99)
Freedom Planet – $10.49 (was $14.99)
Donkey Kong Country Returns – $15.59 (was $19.99)
Shantae: Risky’s Revenge – Director’s Cut – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis – $7.79 (was $9.99)
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition – $7.49 (was $14.99)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves – $15.59 (was $19.99)
Adventures of Pip – $7.49 (was $14.99)
Ittle Dew – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Octodad: Dadliest Catch – $10.49 (was $14.99)
Noitu Love: Devolution – $6.99 (was $9.99)
Severed – $10.49 (was $14.99)
Affordable Space Adventures – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Pirate Pop Plus – $2.99 (was $4.99)
Child of Light – $7.49 (was $14.99)
Rayman Legends – $19.99 (was $39.99)

3DS

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer – $15.59 (was $19.99)
Pocket Card Jockey – $5.45 (was $6.99)
Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – $13.99 (was $19.99)
Yo-kai Watch – $31.19 (was $39.99)
Story of Seasons – $20.99 (was $29.99)
Disney Art Academy – $23.39 (was $29.99)
Gurumin 3D – $11.99 (was $14.99)
Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure – $7.01 (was $8.99)
Wario’s Woods – $3.89 (Was $4.99)
Severed – $10.49 (Was $14.99)
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX – $29.99 (was $39.99)
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice – $23.99 (was $39.99)
Inazuma Eleven – $14.00 (was $19.99)
Harvest Moon: Skytree Village – $23.99 (was $29.99)
Pirate Pop Plus – $2.99 (was $4.99)
River City: Tokyo Rumble – $23.99 (was $29.99)

One important note: I’m unclear if the sale prices are with / without My Nintendo. My guess would be the latter, but logging in and out as a My Nintendo member shows the same prices. I’m not sure if I’m simply misunderstanding something, or Nintendo made an error. In any case, view all of the deals here.

Via: http://nintendoeverything.com/new-sale-live-on-the-north-american-wii-u-and-3ds-eshops/

#paging HotHamBoy

Gestault

Some of these prices are pretty ok, others I'm surprised are as little as they are. For retailers like Best Buy and Amazon, some looks very close to normal (or membership) prices for physical games.

I don't want to be unfairly critical here, but woopity doo, 10% off digital pricing. I have a similar opinion of the Club Nintendo replacement being an arrangement where I pay money for the right to get coupons that struggle to compete with normal retail pricing.

maxcriden

Some of these prices are pretty ok, other's I'm surprised are as little as they are.

I don't want to be unfairly critical here, but woopity doo, 10% off digital pricing. I have a similarly frustrated opinion of the Club Nintendo replacement being an arrangement where I pay money for the right to get coupons that struggle to compete with normal retail pricing.

Sorry, my original title was unclear. What I meant was, there are sale prices, plus on top of that, you get 10% extra off for being a MyN member.

Kneefoil

I have 2 or 3 games I'd like to own on Wii U. None of them are part of the sale. :-/

Edit: Oh... This is NA only anyway.

DJ_Lae

Damn it, I just bought Mario Party 10 for my daughters when it turned out that physical copies were almost impossible to find here.

Tempted by DKCR but I'd guess no changes were made to the controls so you're still stuck with waggle.

maxcriden

Damn it, I just bought Mario Party 10 for my daughters when it turned out that physical copies were almost impossible to find here.

Tempted by DKCR but I'd guess no changes were made to the controls so you're still stuck with waggle.

Yep, meaning as long as you're ok with the reduced framerate, the 3DS is still the best (retail) way to play it IMO. I'm hoping for a DKCR two pack with normal controls for Switch, though.

Richie

Curious to make Splatoon part of the sale; can't see many getting it when the Switch version is inevitably announced tomorrow.

maxcriden

Curious to make Splatoon part of the sale; can't see many getting it when the Switch version is inevitably announced tomorrow.

I agree. Probably one last sale for those unaware of the presentation or actively planning not to get Switch. But, you'd think they'd offer a more tempting price. But maybe then they worry it will make the port look like a worse value at (I'm guessing) $50 or 60.

Madao

got Warioware because i have nostalgia for that game and i'm too lazy to dig out my disc and pocker hockey card because people say that game is fun.

There is a really good demo for Pocket Card Jockey that transfers your save data to full the game, for people who might be interested (you should be).

That's it? There needs to be many more eShop only titles. I'm very disappointed with the lack of other good options.

I got physical versions of Yokai Watch and the Mirai Launch Edition for $30 each back in 2015! River City is something that I would prefer to have physical.

I'll definitely pick up Pocket Card Jockey, which is the only title preventing this sale from being a total bust.

yyr

Reminder: Severed is cross-buy. If you buy either the Wii U or 3DS version, you get the other for free.

Please support Drinkbox and take advantage of this =)

Vandole

Thats a decent discount for Tokyo Rumble. It hasn't been out for much longer been 2 months I don't think. Still, wish they could have gotten it down to $20.

Alchemy

Nintendo sales are always so bad. I'm probably not dropping any money on Nintendo stuff until the Switch releases :<

I only got the additional 10% to show up on 5 of those titles under "Just For You Offers" on the 3DS eShop. Anyone else able to see the 10% on everything?

Picked up Gurumin 3D($10.79) and Pocket Card Jockey($4.90). The other three available to me were Story of Seasons, Mario vs DK and Splatoons. How did Nintendo pick these? Would have liked to have gotten the the extra 10 on River City though. Might still pick it up along with Story of Seasons.

robotrock

Banned
Oh what, I had no idea Severed was on Wii U! Still have yet to play it.

Is this the only place to play the game on a TV?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That's a whole lot of nothing. I have many 3DS games yet to buy, but Nintendo isn't giving me an incentive to do so.

HotHamBoy

Really hate Nintendo pricing. Guess I have to wait til the Wii U is dead to enjoy a good discount.

On the eShop? They'll just stop having sale. This isn't Sony.

This selection is weak and these discounts are laughable. I guess a couple bucks off is better than nothing but sales are supposed to motivate purchases and I am far from motivated.

Bowl0l

On the eShop? They'll just stop having sale. This isn't Sony.

This selection is weak and these discounts are laughable. I guess a couple bucks off is better than nothing but sales are supposed to motivate purchases and I am far from motivated.
Look forward to the Switchshop while we close down the eshop.
We will release more launch exclusive DLCs because it is more fair to our fans.

Top Bottom