• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store 99¢ Flash Sale (Braid, PvZ, SSHD, Tokyo Jungle, Back to the Future, more)

Ashtar

I'm about to indulge gonna pick up
Braid
Tokyo Jungle
Super Star Dust
CTR
Red Faction 2
Tales of Monkey Island

Is Crash Team Racing worth it? I remember it being highly regarded when it came out..... but I might drop it since I already have Sonic and All stars
Hows RF 2, I never played the OG ones but I love volitions Saints Row games and the geo mod is intriguing any help/ input would be appreciated

Cipher

Picked Up:

Braid
Tokyo Jungle
Gotham City Impostors
Retro City Rampage
Back to the Future
Tales of Monkey Island

Hoping with this sale that Impostors will have people playing it.

nny

Wow. Fortunately, I had a couple of dollars in my US account and just got a full season of Sam & Max and echochrome 2 for 1.98$. Wow.

I really wish this crash team racing sale was part of some clever prehype of a new CTR to be announced at E3. My inner kart racer fanboy really wishes for a Sumo developed Crash Team Racing.

GeekyDad

Did Tokyo Jungle (since everyone seems to be saying good things about it), PvZ (lost count now of how many versions of this game I own), Braid (not sure why -- I'm fairly certain I won't care for it), Retro City Rampage (though I really want the 3DS version), and the Back to the Future bundle (which I already own on Steam, but I figure my wife will enjoy playing it on our HDTV).

For $5, not a bad haul. Hope Sony does this as a regular thing.

So.. I guess I would be making a pretty cheap bet by buying the Crash/Spyro games with only a Vita / Future PS4? If I knew for sure they'd never become playable I wouldn't buy them.

Downloaded all the Crash games (should have just done 3 and Kart, don't like playing with D-pad) and have a question. I installed the games but the install license or whatever still shows up separately from the game on the XMB and won't go away. If I go to delete it says it will delete the installed game too. How do I get rid of those.

My haul:

Tokyo Jungle (I did it for you, GAF)
Gotham City Imposters
Jurassic Park: The Game (don't care if it sucks, it was $0.99)
Back to the Future
Tales of Monkey Island

Really wish we would have gotten the EU sale, as I just bought a PS3 for Persona 5 and would have loved to pick up Ni No Kuni and Tales of Xillia. PS+ and this sale are treating me good, though.

Hoping with this sale that Impostors will have people playing it.

I downloaded the demo at 4:30 AM (I'm Central Time), and got into a match immediately. I was surprised. Might have been other demo users, but there were a few high-leveled people in the lobby.

Santiako

Downloaded all the Crash games (should have just done 3 and Kart, don't like playing with D-pad) and have a question. I installed the games but the install license or whatever still shows up separately from the game on the XMB and won't go away. If I go to delete it says it will delete the installed game too. How do I get rid of those.

You can delete them, the game stays. (I have no clue why there's a warning saying otherwise)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
whats the best adventure game out of the sale:

ToMI
JP
BttF
SaM

Been playing BttF since this sale started and am up to Episode 4. Thus far, I would pick Monkey Island ahead of it(only played half of the season on PC years ago). BttF is alright, but a pretty weak adventure game and a somewhat bland continuation of the movie franchise, though many would disagree I think. I do hear it ends really well, but I've been liking it slightly less each chapter. Might feel differently after the last two conclude though if it picks back up.

Have not tried SaM yet, but I bought all four seasons during this sale. I mean really, it's less than $5 for all of them.

JP sounds like it is worth a buck just to see how awful it is given how reviled it was from reviews and players when it released. I am actually excited to experience it for that reason alone at this price.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Anyone knows how ps2 redfactions compare to pc? I have the series on pc already but there were some games with poor/inferior pc ports back then so...

Flandy

Any of the Telltale games worth getting?
Already have Tokyo Jungle. Going to pick up Stardust HD. Anything else I should get Gaf? Everyday Shooter perhaps?

bender

What time is it?
I'm about to indulge gonna pick up
Braid
Tokyo Jungle
Super Star Dust
CTR
Red Faction 2
Tales of Monkey Island

Is Crash Team Racing worth it? I remember it being highly regarded when it came out..... but I might drop it since I already have Sonic and All stars
Hows RF 2, I never played the OG ones but I love volitions Saints Row games and the geo mod is intriguing any help/ input would be appreciated

After loving the original, I thought RF2 was disappointing. Geomod is more of neat gimmick in the first two games than in the later Red Factions. RF2's campaign was also incredibly short if my memory serves.

FTF

Oh wow, amazing sale...downloaded Crash 2, 3, CTR (already had Crash 1), Tokyo Jungle, Sam & Max, Retro Rampage and Urban Trials. With these flash sales and PS+ I'm downloading so many more games than I have time to play lol

ieatzombies

Spyro 2 or 3? Been wracking my brain over this. Can only get one.
Also, in regards to ashtar, the first red faction is, by far, the better game! The geomod tech, story and gameplay is fully realised. So much better than the half baked sequel in my opinion.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
couldn't decide on an adventure game ( particularly because I've tried some Telltale demos and abhor them. telltale gameplay shits on adventure genre imo, but that's for another thread)

got Crash 2 and Tokyo Jungle. Think I'm good.

mao2

Just bought Super Stardust HD and Blast Factor... and all the DLCs. What was supposed to be a $2 purchase ended up being $20. D:

Just bought red faction 2 - loved the original, have wanted to pick up the sequel. I'm a physical copy type of person on console, but I've been curious how well the ps2 classics work - $.99 was too good to pass up.

I just got 20 games. In addition to downloading 6 free games cause of ps plus. 26 games in one day... idk how I'll get around to playing all these haha

Eusis

Yeah I know, I hate that shit. I just downloaded Crash 2 & 3 today and it' a pain.
Crash 3 supports it. Crash 2... I dunno, best hope is probably getting a controller with a D-Pad you like I guess. DS4s are PS1 game compatible as I recall so there's that.

slit

Crash 3 supports it. Crash 2... I dunno, best hope is probably getting a controller with a D-Pad you like I guess. DS4s are PS1 game compatible as I recall so there's that.

Yeah Crash 2 definitely does not as that's the one I played.

When Vikings attack! is actually a fun game, its got a nice colorful single player mode that's pretty much you running around gathering townspeople ala wonderful101 and chunking(throwing) stuff you find around the city at invading vikings who ..I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit with its boss battles and special characters, its got a lot of "levels" as well, its a nice chill game between the brutal tokyo jungle playthroughs..don't sleep.

Eusis

Yeah Crash 2 definitely does not as that's the one I played.
Kind of funny as Crash 2 came just after the Analog Controller hit.

But adoption of that initially was kind of crappy, and it wasn't uncommon to just remap the D-Pad to it more or less, it's part of why Gex aged badly. I don't think I even saw the Analog Controller THAT often, it just got replaced by the DualShock instead.
This sale is the first time I've gone into the PS3's store in a long time. It's just awful. Everything is slow as molasses.
Yeah, the first iteration was terrible, the second was actually really good. This is... maybe not as bad as the first, but absolutely inferior to the second. I guess they wanted the PS3/PS4 to share the store disregarding that you should stick with what works, especially if your new thing runs like crap on the old system. But I guess people have gotten infuriatingly tolerant of subpar performance in everything.

Ive gotten used to it, you can also use your browser, its definitely built for ps4, its very fast and smooth on that console.

Yeah on PS4 it's awesome. The PS3 one though... There was sometimes 2-3 seconds worth of delay between pressing a button and having it register.

i have a noob-ish question. if i buy stuff through the ps3 can i download and play on the psp (for the games compatible with the psp)?

Eusis

Yeah on PS4 it's awesome. The PS3 one though.. there was sometimes 2-3 worth of delay between pressing a button and having it register.
Sony's been weird and kind of idiotic with their branding unification efforts. See also the blue bars on PS3 games and the fact the disc art styles are exactly the same. They might be backpedaling from that if some of the recently released covers aren't out of date, but it seems absolutely insane to do that if they're not actually fully unified platforms like iOS hardware.

Top Bottom