• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store 99¢ Flash Sale (Braid, PvZ, SSHD, Tokyo Jungle, Back to the Future, more)

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Does it matter of I got the Vita or PS3 versions of RCR or When Vikings Attack? Sometimes cross buy only works one way so if getting the Vita version means not getting the PS3 I'd like to know
I know what you mean.
If you buy the Vita version of RCR you get the PS3 version for free but I don't know about Vikings.

Kinyou

which one is best

return to monkey island

back to future

sam and max

?
It's really hard for me to choose between Monkey island and Sam & Max. Both are super funny and both have some good and some less good puzzles. Overall I have to say did I like the story and characters in Monkey Island a bit more. But I think it comes down to if you like Sam & Max's crazy humor or prefer Monkey Island's more "realistic" setting (there's still lots of crazy stuff happening)

I can't say that much about Back to the future. Only played the first two episodes and it didn't really grab me.

Strike

Don't really see anything that I have to jump on. Although I kind of wish a sale on Braid happened a bit soon as I just bought that. Was hoping for some more Vita/PSP sales too. Probably just pick up Everyday Shooter as it can't get any cheaper than that.

When's the last time you bought something under $5? Been a $5 minimum in place since Tales of Xillia at least and I think since Graces f.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the $5 minimum was in place when I bought stuff like Everyday Shooter and Elefunk back in, what, 2007? As far as I'm aware it's always been there.

When's the last time you bought something under $5? Been a $5 minimum in place since Tales of Xillia at least and I think since Graces f.

Ah ok, I did purchase Xillia when it was on sale, maybe after that they did something, dont really like it because I barely purchase but hey.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Had $4 left in my wallet (apart from the money reserved for Raiden IV), so I finally got all the Crash Bandicoot games. Most of the other stuff from this sale I'd be interested in I already own.

Definitely not, I always paid exact amount.

If it's over $5 you can pay the exact amount, but it's still $5 mininum, always has been.

Jomjom

Banned
Played it on PC, it's pretty neat. Probably even better if you have an old Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitar, as the game works with those as well. It's basically a reverse side-scrolling shooter with a rhythm bent--instead of shooting enemies as they pop up from the other side of the screen, you're trying to "catch" bullets you've already fired because the flow of time has been reversed.

It's not a lengthy game but for a buck I'd definitely recommend it. There are nine campaign levels plus a bunch of challenges that occur in the same levels.

P.S. Sounds like I'll just get Stuntman Ignition anyways, but seriously, no GAF opinion on this one at all?

Thanks for the impression! I have a guitar so I'll pick this up!

Darn, I wish the Vita version of Super Stardust was on sale. :(
Also REALLY sucks that Spyro isn't on NA Vitas, but I've been wanting to play those for long enough that maybe I'll just go ahead and get them.

Retro City Rampage and Gex are the other two I think I'll go with.

Awesome sale! Sony is really nailing it with PSN.

Had $4 left in my wallet (apart from the money reserved for Raiden IV), so I finally got all the Crash Bandicoot games. Most of the other stuff from this sale I'd be interested in I already own.

If it's over $5 you can pay the exact amount, but it's still $5 minimum, always has been.

Oh ok, guess I never purchased under $5, thought I was going crazy for a sec.

Camjo-Z

I figured I'd try out Gex for a dollar... not the best decision I ever made. The whole thing feels like they tried to think of funny jokes about movies and TV but couldn't, so they just directly ripped off what they were supposedly parodying. Doesn't help that the level design and control are substandard either.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Back To The Future just like TWD has an easy platinum. Pretty sure Sam and Max as well. Pretty much any telltales game I guess.

I'm pretty sure Back to the Future only has a platinum for the retail release, Sam & Max doesn't have a platinum either (not sure if it had a retail release).

Since when did it require you to have $5.00 minimum in wallet, I always paid exact, is this because 99 cents?

IIRC this is how it goes:

You can only ADD a minimum of $5 at a time to your wallet. (This is probably due to things like card transaction fees and such.)
When you choose to pay the exact amount for a game with your card, you are really adding that amount of money from your card to your wallet, then spending it from your wallet on the game.
Therefore, if the exact amount of your game is less than $5, and you don't have the needed money already in your wallet, you will need to add the minimum ($5) to your wallet, then buy the game.

The exact same thing is true on the 3DS, too, including the fact that the minimum is $5.

(f.edit: beaten. That's what I get for writing this on my phone, lol.)

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I picked up Braid, Retro City Rampage, Tokyo Jungle, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, Blast Factor, Superstardust HD, Sam & Max, and Monkey Island. Maybe I will get the Crash games, Crash Commando, and Red Faction Battlegrounds or Urban Trial.

chogidogs

Bought Braid (haven't played it), Tokyo Jungle (because), and Retro City Rampage (Vita padding because I have a screen with just 2 icons on it.)

kenta

Has no PEINS
I'm just gonna say Crash Commando is a lot of fun and it's a shame the game will probably get overlooked by most people

Tigress

Few questions, if a game says PSP but not Vita, does not mean it won't play on my Vita?

Second question, if I wanted to get a Spyro game for my Vita (if it will work), which one is the best one to get (I just want to get one)?

(not like I need to have more things I want for my Vita ;) ).

Edit: Bought Tokyo Jungle solely cause so many people strongly recommended it here. It's a dollar, I can handle that.

Top Bottom