• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PS Store 99¢ Flash Sale (Braid, PvZ, SSHD, Tokyo Jungle, Back to the Future, more)

Does anyone know if the PS4 controller will work for CTR? It probably isn't really worth it for a kart racer if I can't play 4 player.

mao2

Nice sale. I only have $2.77 left in my wallet so I bought Plants vs Zombies and Retro City Rampage. Might top-up and get a few more titles later.

khaaan

It's insane that neither Crash or Spyro work on the Vita....still threw them in my cart, it's great to see some PSX games on sale. Debating on Tokyo Jungle, everything else that I would consider buying has already been bought either on PSN or PC.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Officially bought that Tokyo Jungle and RCR off the PS web store. Hopefully when I get home TJ delivers because everybody on gaf seems to love this game. Downloading RCR on my vita while here at work.

ramuh

Picked up Tokyo Jungle, Braid, Jurassic, Super Stardust, and Retro City. Haven't played any of them.

Now I feel like I need to add 5 more bucks and pick up Crash 1 and 2. I was wonder what I was going to play this weekend. Now I know!

Boogiepop

Okay guys: Retro City Rampage, and also Monkey Island as someone who hasn't played any of the rest of the series. Good purchases?
Edit: Also, never heard of Retrograde. Yeah or nay?
EditEdit: And does Gex hold up enough to be worth the buck?
EditEditEdit: BlastFactor? Sam and Max if I haven't played the old games?

I probably sound like an idiot, but the games labeled "PS2" are playable on a PS3, right?
Okay guys: Retro City Rampage, and also Monkey Island as someone who hasn't played any of the rest of the series. Good purchases?
I got for free on PS+ and thought it was pretty crappy.

Games labeled as PS2 are only playable on PS3 :p

Thanks. I feel like somewhere at some point in time I heard someone say Stuntman Ignition was bad but had like one or two elements that made it "great" if you could get it for cheap. I'll pick up that and Tokyo Jungle.

Awesome to see these kinds of sales on consoles.

Anyone know how bad the PS3 lag factor affects the Crash games? Are the playable via HDMI or what? Really too bad about the Vita issue. Insta-buy if they worked on Vita.

lucius

I see Tokyo Jungle works with DS4, anyone know if Jurassic Park works with the DS4?

None of the lists seem to have it working or not working, I do notice a couple Telltale games on non compatible lists.

Drago

How is Retro/Grade, Blast Factor, Everyday Shooter PSP? I just bought 10 games but I still want to get more. No self control when everything is a dollar xD

Yoday

I love seeing some more PS1 and PS2 games on sale, but almost all of the PS1 games are ones I already own through the early days of PS+. I hope we get more classics sales like this in the future though, as I would love to build up my digital library of classics.

Tigress

Any reason why Crash and Spyro don't work on Vita?

Well that answers my previous question (I was wondering if Spyro would work on Vita).

That kinda sux (I would have bought a Spyro game for my Vita but really don't want to play it on console. Besides I might still have a Spyro game for PSX somewhere around here that my PS2 or PS3 can play that I never finished).

lucius

Two questions.

1. How is Gex: Enter the Gecko?

2. Is Tokyo Jungle PS3 only?

Edit:
I was wrong this is the second Gex game, I liked the original 2d one more I had it on 3D0, I am not sure if this one is really good. Pretty sure Tokyo Jungke is PS3 only version I bought that also $1 can't go wrong, I rather play it on Vita though.

RPGCrazied

Whoa, it is full seasons. Thanks for this thread. I'm getting Sam & Max, Tales of Monkey Island and Back to the Future.

Only $3!

dolabla

Are we sure the Crash Bandicoot games can't be played on the Vita if you transfer using the PS3?

Just bought Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot 3 and Back to the Future (always wanted to play, but just never got around to it). I still have $2 left. Don't really know what else I want.

cj_iwakura

Oh dang. Well, I guess it might still make sense to grab this at the current price and set it aside till I can track down the older games...

I know 2 is on PSN... not sure about 1. The best games are 3>1>2(all great).

what's so good about Tokyo Jungle?
I already bought it - have not played

Tons of replay value, surprisingly great story, and intense survival.

So if I buy Crash and Spyro, presumably if they are ever updated for Vita I won't have to buy them again?

Those bastards could be holding out for a bundle/re-release, with no plans to ever allow the PSone classics on NA PSN. I rolled the dice though and bought them.

Are we sure the Crash Bandicoot games can't be played on the Vita if you transfer using the PS3?

Just bought Crash Bandicoot 2, Crash Bandicoot 3 and Back to the Future (always wanted to play, but just never got around to it). I still have $2 left. Don't really know what else I want.
100 percent sure it doesn't work.

Ocaso

Played it on PC, it's pretty neat. Probably even better if you have an old Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitar, as the game works with those as well. It's basically a reverse side-scrolling shooter with a rhythm bent--instead of shooting enemies as they pop up from the other side of the screen, you're trying to "catch" bullets you've already fired because the flow of time has been reversed.

It's not a lengthy game but for a buck I'd definitely recommend it. There are nine campaign levels plus a bunch of challenges that occur in the same levels.

P.S. Sounds like I'll just get Stuntman Ignition anyways, but seriously, no GAF opinion on this one at all?

You just sold me on the game. Sounds near.

shandy706

Gex is really fun game I just bought it for Vita it's the first and best one out of all of them. Some funny one liners. Pretty sure Tokyo Jungke is PS3 only version I bought that also $1 can't go wrong, I rather play it on Vita though.

Thanks, bought Gex and Retro City :)

Just bought Spyro 1, 2, and 3, Tokyo Jungle, and the Telltale Monkey Island games for $4.95. I love these flash sales they have every few months.

Top Bottom