• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Sale

Is Battlefield 4 season pass worth it?

I never play the game anymore, but wouldn't mind jumping back in, but only if I have no issues playing any of the DLC maps. I've put enough time into the vanilla maps that I have almost no desire to play them anymore.

Zolo

How much knowledge of the anime story for SAO do I need to know to get into the game since it seems to have the same protagonist?

Farsi

I am trying to figure out what game you're talking about.

It's a puzzle.

tumblr_mz9jtz9iL01tp8kdpo1_500.gif

Tohsaka

How is the Vita version?

The Vita version has a pretty poor framerate and translation, but I still liked it a lot. The boss fights felt like MMO raids since you have a lot of NPCs fighting alongside you. The game has kind of a steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun IMO. There's a ton of content, too.

BroBot

Was interested in buying that golf game for ps4 but the character creation is nothing but sad. Try harder next game, EA.

One Piece is mines.

ultron87

I wish they would put Dragon Age DLC on sale. I just wanna play Trespasser, damn it!

Like the game plus all the DLC is on sale. But not the individual pieces. Grrrrr.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Silly question: How long does the Sale last?

Holy shit I did not expect all the new(ish) Tales games to drop so low so fast again.

Also I wonder why the Vita version of Hollow Fragment is more expensive than the PS4 version. I'm guessing the PS4 is the 'complete' edition with better performance.

SUUUPER tempted to pick of SAO: Lost Fragments but don't know if I want the Vita or PS4 version. I know I'd be more likely to play it on Vita, but has anyone played it? Is the performance and control ok?

the ps4 has better English translation, online play, create a female protagonist... and some other improvements

Arttemis

I already have Dark Souls 2 physical but I'm tempted to grab this so I'll have it digitally and forget the disc. I haven't even started it yet! I'm weak

I'm feeling the same about digital. Remote Play is infinitely more useful when you have a digital collection, and almost once a year for a decade, I'm appreciating letting go of physical things.

J_Viper

Any additional PS+ discounts? Not sure if I should buy now or wait.

I wish they would put Dragon Age DLC on sale. I just wanna play Trespasser, damn it!

Like the game plus all the DLC is on sale. But not the individual pieces. Grrrrr.

I'm in the same boat, but it seems like it'd be cheaper to just buy the GoTY edition than it is to grab the individual DLCs.

Anyone know if saves are compatible between the GoTY and vanilla versions?

So I still play BF4, and I have Hardline sitting on my shelf as I didnt find it all that great....Does anyone know if more people are playing Hardline vs Bf4 right now? Seems like BF4 is still alive and well (at least on ps4).

And NFS for $20....hmmmm anyone recommend it? I liked Rivals and love arcadey racing games but the new NFS seemed to get mixed reactions.

totowhoa

Banned
So I've been out of the loop when it comes to the Tales series for a while. Is there a consensus on which of these games on sale is probably the best? I played ToS on the GC but never the sequel (and still not interested in it really), so I'll probably pass on that one for sure.

KRaZyAmmo

So I still play BF4, and I have Hardline sitting on my shelf as I didnt find it all that great....Does anyone know if more people are playing Hardline vs Bf4 right now? Seems like BF4 is still alive and well (at least on ps4).

And NFS for $20....hmmmm anyone recommend it? I liked Rivals and love arcadey racing games but the new NFS seemed to get mixed reactions.

for NFS if you love customization and making wraps, don't mind the FMV, and BS online requirement it's good. They are having an update come out tomorrow. But you can might as well get Driveclub since NFS still has tons of problems. btw here are the latest update. If these updates interests you then by all means get it.

New Feature: Wrap Sharing
New Feature: Snapshot Pro Mode
A new "Splash" screen which gives players information on what is included in the new updates from the Living Game
A new Snapshot overview screen in the Need for Speed Network menu so you can find out more about your snapshots
Improvements to Kickbacks and likes on snapshots
100+ new customization items for a variety of cars
License plates are back. Apply around 10 different license plates to your car for more in depth customization
We've made more improvements and bug fixes to multiplayer. You can now play with like-minded people, if you want to play competitive then you can now select this option when matchmaking and join a world with people who also want to play competitive.
3 new Trophies and achievements
Drive through a Gas Station and repair your car on the fly.
A variety of tweaks and improvements including AI, player feedback, Gameplay and World
Fixed a couple of bugs for Eddie's challenge
Multiple stability fixes

The Vita version has a pretty poor framerate and translation, but I still liked it a lot. The boss fights felt like MMO raids since you have a lot of NPCs fighting alongside you. The game has kind of a steep learning curve, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty fun IMO. There's a ton of content, too.

Sweet. I'm still trying to figure out if I want the PS4 or Vita version.

the ps4 has better English translation, online play, create a female protagonist... and some other improvements

Cool. Good to know.

FelipeMGM

I believe it's right.

Some games on PSN BR for whatever reason still have the 2 dollars = 1 real pricing (e.g. SAO RE:HF, which is priced at 10R$ - an absolute steal)

Nope, looks like an error. It was R$107 last week when It was on pre-order, which is around U$30.

PSN BR already changed the policy on new digital content price conversion. Now U$1 = R$3

BroBot

Mass Effect 3 DLC:

Citadel: The ultimate fan service. If you like your squad mates, you'll definitely want to pick this up. It's quite lengthy as well and even has battle arenas where you can team up with any squad mate alive from ME1 - ME3. It's considered to many as the "true" ME3 ending.

Leviathan: This one is the most meaningful in terms of story. It has investigation elements in it as well. It's very well done and in my opinion, it's important enough to be in the vanilla game.

Omega: This DLC is action-packed and FUN. The main reason you read people complaining about it was the price point. Well now it's the right price so go for it if you like action, Omega, Aria, or an interesting antagonist.

From Ashes: The most important dlc, story-wise. This one definitely should have been in game. Javic is one of the funniest party members to have and the recruit mission is nostalgic for anyone who has played Mass Effect 1.

So if you're looking for story: From Ashes and Leviathan.

If you're looking for fun: Citadel

If you want non-stop action or have Aria fetish: Omega.

But the ME3 dlc going on sale is so rare, you mind as well just buy all of it.

Fbh

I think I'll pick up Battlefront. For $30 I can't complain too much about the lack of content. Now to wait for the season pass to go on sale for $20

Would have gotten Pirate Warriors 3 on Ps4 if it was $20 as on Ps3. But those $3.99 extra are annoying as I'd have to get another $10 code

Tuck

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin – $19.99

Mmmmmm this is so tempting. I wanted a hard copy though. I did play DeS digitally, but thats cause it was $5, not 20.

But in canada, DS2 still goes for 40 bucks!

None of the Mass Effect 3 DLC is in the trilogy pack, and all of it except Omega is very important and/or worth buying.

Arrival for ME2 is also not included, but I don't consider that necessary.

Thank you for this. I was considering it but now I'll def pick it up. What about Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning, is that worth picking up as well?

kendrid

Banned
Is Battlefield 4 season pass worth it?

I never play the game anymore, but wouldn't mind jumping back in, but only if I have no issues playing any of the DLC maps. I've put enough time into the vanilla maps that I have almost no desire to play them anymore.

Can anyone comment on this? I love BF4 and still play it once in a while but I never bought any DLC. If the DLC maps are still heavily played I think I will buy this. It is either this or Black Ops 3. I need a shooter.

graywolf323

Mass Effect 3 DLC:

Citadel: The ultimate fan service. If you like your squad mates, you'll definitely want to pick this up. It's quite lengthy as well and even has battle arenas where you can team up with any squad mate alive from ME1 - ME3. It's considered to many as the "true" ME3 ending.

Leviathan: This one is the most meaningful in terms of story. It has investigation elements in it as well. It's very well done and in my opinion, it's important enough to be in the vanilla game.

Omega: This DLC is action-packed and FUN. The main reason you read people complaining about it was the price point. Well now it's the right price so go for it if you like action, Omega, Aria, or an interesting antagonist.

From Ashes: The most important dlc, story-wise. This one definitely should have been in game. Javic is one of the funniest party members to have and the recruit mission is nostalgic for anyone who has played Mass Effect 1.

So if you're looking for story: From Ashes and Leviathan.

If you're looking for fun: Citadel

If you want non-stop action or have Aria fetish: Omega.

But the ME3 dlc going on sale is so rare, you mind as well just buy all of it.

good breakdown, I bought all of it along with the Amalur DLC

so rare to see DLC go on sale I couldn't let it pass, still wish EA would do a remaster for PS4 though

Yeah, I'll have to get SAO for that price. Don't know when I'll have the time for it but I doubt it'll be cheaper than this.

How is Xillia 2? I enjoyed the first one, if that's any help.

If you liked the first go for it. I really enjoyed both games.
Just keep in mind that most areas are recycled from the first game and there's a system that requires you to amass a certain amount of cash to progress through the story.

Jamesways

Need for Speed might have been tempting to me for $20 if it only had wheel support.

In my opinion Driveclub blows Project Cars out of the water in graphics, handling and all around fun. PC is fine but I would recommend DC first.

I don't believe it's worth it for any price. It still has a lot of the same problems that Rivals has, but the customization is otherworldly, if you're into that. Otherwise, there are better racing games on the platform.

Project CARS is just so...empty. In terms of overall car selection, mostly. And the steering just doesn't feel right to me. But then, I've never been a fan of handling FR cars in a realistic simulation experience, and guess what the majority of your car selection comprises of?

I eventually got used to Driveclub. It's got tight controls, great selection of noteworthy dream cars, excellent multiplayer playlist, and there's always a thing or two to challenge you everytime you boot up the game. That's the best damn racing game on the console, as far as I'm concerned.

Do you care about FPS? If the answer is yes, then avoid PC because it almost never keeps 60 frames per second. If you don't care, buy Driveclub. I paid less that that for PC and I still feel robbed.

---

Might get Dark Souls 2 this time for the PS4, plus SAO.

BLASPHEME!
lol
pCARS can be a great sim depending on what you're looking for. I prefer it to DC in a heartbeat. DC is great, but I love real tracks and GT3 cars. If you're a fan of GT racing, it's fantastic. If you're a fan of road cars however, it's still hit or miss. Some road cars still feel too twitchy with a pad. And after 8.0 patches, it does maintain a solid framerate for the most part, especially in clear weather. But some tracks still have some minor tearing.

And it still has issues with crashing to the dashboard at times. And they're still messing with the tire physics in regards to holding heat at temps.

Issues aside, it's one of my favorite racers. The GT3 class, LMPs, and old Lotuses make it worth it for me.

PC is the best console racing sim by a long way I reckon, easily worth that price. Driveclub is good but a completely different racing game at the same time.
Indeed, in fact, I'm double dipping on this sale so then I can sell the disc copy.

Fbh

Are the Zestiria and Xillia games worth it? Symphonia and Vesperia were the tales games I liked.

Xillia 1 is pretty good. Story is fun but generic and presentation is nothing special but the ombat is good and the game is enjoyable.

Xillia 2 is even better BUT it's held back by a lot of recycled content (tons of locations, enemies and bosses are taken directly from the first game. No visual upgrade, no new moveset ...nothing)

Haven't played Zestria

WarpathDC

With a very limited knowledge of DB:Z would I find appeal in either Xenoverse on PS4 or Battle of Z on Vita or is that a prerequisite to understaothese games? I mean lore aside they look pretty decent.

jonno394

Bought Sword Art Online re:hollow for ps4 and Adventure Time:Secret of the Nameless Kingdom and one Piece Unlimited World Red for the ps3 for less than ten English pounds.

Bargain.

Top Bottom