• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NA PSN Sale

Nice, I've been waiting for Battlefront to drop to $30!

Any chance Amazon will price match their physical copies of Battlefront this week?

ghibli99

Picked up Amalur, the weapon/armor bundle, and the 2 level packs. Always wanted to play this -- looking forward to it!

StereoVsn

How much knowledge of the anime story for SAO do I need to know to get into the game since it seems to have the same protagonist?
Probably would help to watch first season of SAO anime for Hollow Fragment and second season for the Lost Song. Note that games have alternate universe stories so they are different then anime.

Hollow Fragment is a no brainer. It's over hundred hours of content, great combat and actually a decent translation in the PS4 version. Vita version is fine as well if you ignore the Engrish.

Lost Song I have on PS4 so no idea how is the Vita port.

Edit: Amalur is pretty awesome, at least on PC. The game has a ton of content, decent story and good combat.

Sweet, I think I will be snagging Zestria on PS4. I almost want to get the Symphonia two pack for $5 to get Dawn (got Symphonia already) but I doubt I would ever play so maybe not.

ultron87

Any additional PS+ discounts? Not sure if I should buy now or wait.

I'm in the same boat, but it seems like it'd be cheaper to just buy the GoTY edition than it is to grab the individual DLCs.

Anyone know if saves are compatible between the GoTY and vanilla versions?

I assume that if you bought the GOTY version it would just license your PSN account as owning all the DLCs so you could download them for your copy of the game. Maybe I'll just do that, I've heard the first two were fine and that Trespasser is pretty good. So maybe 24 bucks for all isn't that bad.

Also for Dragon Ball Xenoverse, do you only play as your created character in the story? Or do you get to play as the various characters?

Pretty annoying that Dark Souls 2 was discounted on PS4 again and cheaper. I just bought it a few weeks ago when it was on sale for more.

joecanada

I see there're lots of paid dlc for the game, should standalone game still be great without them ?

I don't recall buying any dlc for that game and I never noticed. Game is a good, not outstanding RPG. It excels by doing everything a solid 7/10 with no real glaring weakness but doesn't take too many risk either. I really enjoyed it

Nothing here for me, sadly. This might be the first sale where I don't buy something since I picked up a VITA last February. My poor PS4 almost never gets cut on to buy something during these sales. I can count the games that I've bought for PS4 on one hand in various sales.

Vard

Tempted to get Dark Souls 2 and Battlefield Premium Edition. I have a 20% off coupon so it'd be $36-ish.

Wow they have Star Wars Deluxe for 35... I really should have waited..
You're probably confusing it with the Season Pass. There's not much use in getting the Deluxe version. Just unlocks some gear faster and has 2 exclusive emotes.

With a very limited knowledge of DB:Z would I find appeal in either Xenoverse on PS4 or Battle of Z on Vita or is that a prerequisite to understaothese games? I mean lore aside they look pretty decent.

It depends. How interested are you in DBZ? If you don't like DBZ, I don't think you would be into it to much.

Nice, I've been waiting for Battlefront to drop to $30!

Any chance Amazon will price match their physical copies of Battlefront this week?

Doubtful. Amazon usually will match the digital purchase. Not physical.

Edit - Sorry mods, I'm dumb. Thought I edited my previous post to include this.

turbocat

Symphonia or Hearts R? I love the thought of portability.

This is coming from someone who played an hour of Vesperia on 360 and just didn't ever really "get it."

anddo0

I bought Project Cars during the last sale but forgot how much it cost?
Is it it cheaper this week?

Bought SAO Re: Hollow Fragment for PS4. I mean, for $5 how the hell could I not.

I own the game on Vita (have yet to play, got it during a sale for $12). But I'm tempted as well.

Mozendo

This is coming from someone who played an hour of Vesperia on 360 and just didn't ever really "get it."

I didn't feel Vesperia either and I dislike Hearts R more, in fact it's least favorite game in the franchise.

Cornbread78

Any toughts on hollow fragment for ps4? How much is there to do in coop?

Nothing here for me, sadly. This might be the first sale where I don't buy something since I picked up a VITA last February. My poor PS4 almost never gets cut on to buy something during these sales. I can count the games that I've bought for PS4 on one hand in various sales.

Buy Sword Art Online for the $5. It's well worth it.

Faenix1

Been in the mood for a FP Dungeon Crawler. Dungeon Travelers 2 for $20 worth it?

Usually I'd prefer physical but Dungeon Crawlers seem to hold steady at $50+

Might grab Dark Souls 2. Thought about $5 Sword Art but reviews talked me out of even $5 pretty quickly lol.

Blows my mind people are recommending Hearts R over Symphonia. As someone who has finished both, Symphonia is far and away the better game. No question. Hearts R edges out the battle system but not in such a way as to make up for its shortcomings in literally every other factor. Not that it is terrible either.

Not sure if I should bite on NHL16. Haven't played since 14. Did they ever improve on BeAGM? How about all those missing modes from last year?

Verelios

Been in the mood for a FP Dungeon Crawler. Dungeon Travelers 2 for $20 worth it?

Usually I'd prefer physical but Dungeon Crawlers seem to hold steady at $50+
I think you could've got it for like $30 at BB last week. They were having a discount/cleaning sale then.

kevin1025

Banned
Went back (after buying Hollow Fragment before) and grabbed Mass Effect 3: Citadel, Need for Speed, Tales of Zestiria, and Crypt of the Necrodancer. Yeah!

Top Bottom