• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Code Vein (UE4, console, 2018), ARPG from God Eater team [Up: Art]

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Maybe in the next thread about game 3,498 from third party games never coming to Switch the lesson will finally be learned.

I would agree, but with a Japanese/anime product, after the FATE and Azure announcement, and other Japanese projects using the UE4 engine coming to the console, it would make (some) sense to develop it ALSO for Switch, imho.
And Bandai Namco is also used to support Nintendo console with at least few game

I agree that if this is actually NOT coming to Switch, it would be an additional info to "learn" next time that, even if it would make (some) sense for a Japanese company to develop a game ALSO for Switch, we should expect it to NOT doing it

Dynomutt

Xbox/Windows Play Anywhere! Just you watch.....

This will be the MS's Bloodborne.

Phil Sensei, ありがとうございました!

It doesn't make any sense if we think the Switch can replace the Vita.
And just look at the last Nintendo Direct, you can see it already begins to introduce more Japanese third party games.

I'd actually be surprised to not see this game announced for the Switch.

I actually responded to this post earlier, but wanted to add: what does this have to do with Switch replacing Vita? This is clearly aimed at the Souls audience, and Vita didn't get any of those games.

Datschge

It got people to pay attention that otherwise wouldn't have. People who like the art style will stick around those who don't most will ignore it but some won't which was it's purpose in the first place.
My point is considering Dark Souls has a potential audience of 2-3 million while God Eater's one is negligible conflating them in marketing is going to hurt the goodwill with the former way more than actually expanding the latter.

Sumo Digital already showed you how to downscale an UE4 game to the Switch. You weren't paying attention?

I was.

Now it's better to hold horses until a third party confirms a Switch port.
It would make sense to port, Yeah. We know how things turn out generally.

And we don't know jack shit about this game.

Battlechili

Banned
THIS LOOKS AMAZING

The new screenshots of the game from the magazine scans look fantastic! It looks like a sort of hybrid of God Eater and Bloodborne, I love it! I love the enemy designs, and the environments look a heck of a lot more detailed than the ones in God Eater did.

Sumo Digital already showed you how to downscale an UE4 game to the Switch. You weren't paying attention?

No they didn't.
It's not because you can downscale a game with UE4 that you can downscale everything with UE4.
It depends on what you're doing with the engine and while something like Snake Pass can be downscaled for obvious reasons, it doesn't mean something like FFVIIr for exemple can be.

Manu

Code-Vein-Scans_04-19-17_007.jpg

I just realized this is a screenshot.

Yeah, I'm in.

I actually responded to this post earlier, but wanted to add: what does this have to do with Switch replacing Vita? This is clearly aimed at the Souls audience, and Vita didn't get any of those games.

I don't know how this is aimed at the souls audience when it looks anime as fuck.

Like don't get me wrong I like anime but I don't see how this would attract that kind of audience.

I don't know how this is aimed at the souls audience when it looks anime as fuck.

Like don't get me wrong I like anime but I don't see how this would attract that kind of audience.

I would hope people would be more worried about the gameplay rather than an "anime as fuck" style. But I know that's too much to ask for some people.

EDarkness

Finally got around to checking out the screenshots and I think they look good. I find that recently, I'm more into the anime style of games for some reason. This is why Tokyo Mirage Sessions really resonated with me. I definitely want more of that sort of thing. I hope the gameplay is good. Too bad it didn't have the same art style as the teaser trailer.

BadWolf

I would hope people would be more worried about the gameplay rather than an "anime as fuck" style. But I know that's too much to ask for some people.

People are worrying about what they can see.

Tough to worry about gameplay when there are no details and no footage.

The gameplay sounds like Souls and it's explicitly aimed at a worldwide audience.

Mind you, I didn't say that it was well-targeted at the Souls audience, since I agree that the anime art direction will probably turn off a lot of the fans of that style of gameplay, but I suspect that that's the publisher's thinking here.

Ogawa-san

Glad they're going with relatively normal-sized weapons this time around. Really liked GE but god damn I look silly holding something three times my size.

Cautiously in, considering their last game was Freedom Wars.

Manu

yeah we are not allowed to post scans here other than cover or ones officially posted by the magazine site itself.

But that's where I got it? I don't get it.

Someone posted a Gematsu link. I got the screenshot from there. The Gematsu link wasn't taken down.

Top Bottom