• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Namco announces Code Vein (UE4, console, 2018), ARPG from God Eater team [Up: Art]

Doctre81

Yeah after seeing those screenshots this is PS4/PC. Looks like a current gen game being made for current gen tech.

This is never coming to Switch. Every time there's a new game being announced you people immediately assume it's for Switch and it never is. Hopefully this is the last time you learn your lesson.

I have a Switch. But even i'm not that blind. The Switch is barely more powerful than Wii U. It's not getting AAA graphically extensive 3rd Party games. So never getting stuff like FFXV, KH3, RDR2, Witcher 3, etc.

And it's especially never getting exclusives like FFVII:R, FFXII:TZA, Persona 5, KH Remasters, WoF, etc.

So I have no clue why that's brought up either.

The Switch getting ports of mediocre Japanese games like Fates, Senran Kagura, etc. and whatnot also doesn't mean it's getting AAA Japanese 3rd Party support.

Let it go.

This reminds me of watchdogs all over again. Based on those shots I don't see the "impossible on switch" reasoning at all. And the switch barely more powerful than wiiu line made my chuckle a bit.

Busaiku

No they didn't. I wasn't talking about handhelds. Even then 3DS only got Dragon Ball spinoffs. I was talking about consoles. It didn't get the big Dragon Ball games like Xenoverse, or the millions of Naruto fighting games and all the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games are all on PlayStation.
Switch is a handheld though, and it's also getting Xenoverse.

This reminds me of watchdogs all over again. Based on those shots I don't see the "impossible on switch" reasoning at all. And the switch barely more powerful than wiiu line made my chuckle a bit.

This is nothing like Watchdogs. That's Ubisoft. Facts make you chuckle? Haha alright then. The Switch is factually a Wii U +. It's severely underpowered and uses a mobile chip as its processor. The systems specs are equal to that of a spruced up Wii U. You thinking the Switch isn't barely more powerful than Wii U made me chuckle a bit.

Either way, this topic isn't about this nor is it about portbegging for Switch. So stop before you get modded and banned.

Stay on topic on God Eater.

Tusk

No they didn't. I wasn't talking about handhelds. Even then 3DS only got Dragon Ball spinoffs. I was talking about consoles. It didn't get the big Dragon Ball games like Xenoverse, or the millions of Naruto fighting games and all the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games are all on PlayStation.

Gee, a Sony exclusive Digimon game didn't end up on a Nintendo system? That's crazy.

You're seriously getting ahead of yourself claiming the Switch isn't strong enough to handle this game. We don't know how it plays, and have only even seen a few pictures.

On the subject of the game, I like the style it's got going on. Day 1.

Would be pretty nuts if this was Xbox/PC and we find out this is what Phil went to Japan for. Hopefully it's for all consoles and pc though.

Honestly can see it happening due to Phil Spencer's comments. Wouldn't be that crazy considering how Microsoft grabbed Vesperia, Lost Odyssey, and Blue Dragon last gen as exclusives. Along with Infinite Undiscovery among other games. Vesperia is on PS3 in Japan but the reasoning it's not here is because of Microsoft. They published and helped fund the 360 version. Unless they allow it that game isn't leaving Xbox. Which sucks but what can you do.

Though I seriously doubt it since God Eater is only on PlayStation and the same team is making this game. + based on Namco's recent announcements pretty much all their games are either PS4/Vita or PS4/PC.

Doctre81

This is nothing like Watchdogs. That's Ubisoft. Facts make you chuckle? Haha alright then. The Switch is factually a Wii U +. It's severely underpowered and uses a mobile chip as its processor. The systems specs are equal to that of a spruced up Wii U. So you tell me what makes you chuckle. You thinking the Switch isn't barely more powerful than Wii U made me chuckle a bit.

Either way, this topic isn't about this nor is it about portbegging for Switch. So stop before you get modded and banned.

You are warning me of a ban the way you are talking to people here? LOL. That's interesting. And how is replying to your post portbegging?

Also explain to me how switch is "factually a wiiu+" when virtually everyone who knows their tech says it's a lot more powerful than wiiu...even in portable mode. If you can't handle opposition don't post.

You are warning me of a ban the way you are talking to people here? LOL. That's interesting. And how is replying to your post portbegging?

Also explain to me how switch is "factually a wiiu+" when virtually everyone who knows their tech says it's a lot more powerful than wiiu...even in portable mode. If you can't handle opposition don't post.

Lol alright then. This is why I don't bother with Nintendo fanboys. They're half deluded and half lack of reason. You believe whatever you want. Reality will eventually hit you my friend.

Doctre81

Lol alright then. This is why I don't bother with Nintendo fanboys. They're half deluded and half lack of reason. You believe whatever you want. Reality will eventually hit you my friend.

So you can't answer the question so you pull the "you're a nintendo fanboy card" really? Come on dude.

Nairume

Banned
I get being frustrated at port begging (even though that is not what is really happening yet), but you seem to be taking the mere suggestion of the Switch getting significant Japanese support way too personally. Reacting like this and attacking people isn't going to endear anyone to your viewpoint.

I get being frustrated at port begging (even though that is not what is really happening yet), but you seem to be taking the mere suggestion of the Switch getting significant Japanese support way too personally. Reacting like this and attacking people isn't going to endear anyone to your viewpoint.

Kinda is. Essentially stealth portbegging from these people is currently going on which is how threads get derailed. I'm not taking anything personally. I just don't like when people barge in threads and assume things and start deducting something is actually happening when it's actually not. Not to mention completely derailing a topic to portbeg. But just pertaining to Switch, every fucking thread I go to with a game announcement or even an announced game that's just simply being discussed, there's a handful of people "Switch?" "This is coming to Switch?" "Switch port?"

It's so fucking obnoxious man. You don't see this shit happening with Sony or Microsoft fanboys. Hell, even PC fans don't get this annoying. This is why one of the many reasons I can't stand Nintendo fanboys.

Whatever the case is, I have a Switch, I have a PS4, I have an X1. So I don't really care regardless. I just can't stand fanboys of any kind and ones who like hammering about shit they don't know about to defend their system of choice.

Nairume

Banned
Kinda is. Essentially stealth portbegging from these people is currently going on which is how threads get derailed. I'm not taking anything personally. I just don't like when people barge in threads and assume things and start deducting something is actually happening when it's actually not. Not to mention completely derailing a topic to portbeg. But just pertaining to Switch, every fucking thread I go to with a game announcement or even an announced game that's just simply being discussed, there's a handful of people "Switch?" "This is coming to Switch?" "Switch port?"
No, it really isn't. Speculating on platforms is not port begging. Port begging is against the rules. We have mods posting in this thread. If they see this as port begging, let them deal with it. Nobody needs a back seat mod policing the discussion.

Whatever the case is, I have a Switch, I have a PS4, I have an X1. So I don't really care regardless. I just can't stand fanboys of any kind and ones who like hammering about shit they don't know about to defend their system of choice.
If you really don't care, you have a bad way of showing it.

Doctre81

It's so fucking obnoxious man. You don't see this shit happening with Sony or Microsoft fanboys. Hell, even PC fans don't get this annoying. This is why one of the many reasons I can't stand Nintendo fanboys.

You were in the switch unreal engine 4 thread doing the same thing there, Stop.

The art style is a bit pedestrian after the teaser, but I can certainly live with it if they deliver a decently competent souls-like ARPG with coop. Not nearly enough of those.

This 100% for me, minus the co-op bit; I can take it or leave it. One thing from the screenshots though; it looks like there's ALWAYS an AI partner.

I hope either:
A. That's not the case.
B. Having an AI partner is as painless as it is in Nioh.

All in all, I'm still 100% in day one if the combat looks good when we see it.

It looks interesting, but I dunno what to expect gameplay wise. Are the God Eater games actually fun to play?

No. Hopefully this is nothing like them quality wise.

I agree with Kinsei on this. God Eater games are in the hunting genre and they've felt terrible to play for me as a fan of Monster Hunter.

However, this game is a totally different genre (ARPG, interconnected explorable world) and I assume they won't be dumb enough to make the combat feel like their hunting genre series.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This is nothing like Watchdogs. That's Ubisoft. Facts make you chuckle? Haha alright then. The Switch is factually a Wii U +. It's severely underpowered and uses a mobile chip as its processor. The systems specs are equal to that of a spruced up Wii U. You thinking the Switch isn't barely more powerful than Wii U made me chuckle a bit.

This irony

Mozendo

It looks interesting, but I dunno what to expect gameplay wise. Are the God Eater games actually fun to play?
That depends.
Monster Hunter fans refuse to find any other game in the hunting genre most of the time. For the most part they see games like God Eater, Toukiden, as terrible clones.

However if you don't have a soft spot for MH and enjoy other games in the hunting genre, then yes it is.

That depends.
Monster Hunter fans refuse to find any other game in the hunting genre most of the time. For the most part they see games like God Eater, Toukiden, as terrible clones.

However if you don't have a soft spot for MH and enjoy other games in the hunting genre, then yes it is.

That's funny. I love Monster Hunter and I enjoy Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice. It's just God Eater that feels awful to play.

Good job discounting other people's opinions though :).

DMONKUMA

That's funny. I love Monster Hunter and I enjoy Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice. It's just God Eater that feels awful to play.

Toukiden is the closest to Monster Hunter compared to other hunting, right?

DMONKUMA

In my opinion, yeah, Toukiden has come the closest to combat that "feels" as good as Monster Hunter's.

Ah ok. I wanted to get back into Monster Hunter or at least something like it since I don't have a 3DS to play the newer ones. So I was looking at alternatives.

Hopefully a Switch version of MH comes soon.

Mozendo

It's something I always say when it comes when someone wants an opinion of a hunting game. If you've been around the monster hunter community and seen another MH fan ask about a another hunting game you'd know what I am talking about, you even see this in some reviews too. A similar thing happens with Dungeon Crawlers that aren't Demon Gaze or Etrian Odyssey.

But if upset over a post go right ahead.

Toukiden is the closest to Monster Hunter compared to other hunting, right?
No, it's God Eater especially when we're counting combat feel and mechanics.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'm thinking this game aiming Japanese audience will make it hard not be on Switch. Somehow I'd like it to happen just to see reactions even though I'd buy it on PC most likely lol

Never played any Souls game due to them not being available on my region in steam and not having another platform than PC currently but I always feel curiosity for them...

Durante

Personally, I hope it's very far from the standard "hunting" gamplay loop, and much closer to a Souls-like experience.

The focus on exploration in the material so far makes me hopeful about that.

Personally, I hope it's very far from the standard "hunting" gamplay loop, and much closer to a Souls-like experience.

The focus on exploration in the material so far makes me hopeful about that.

This is exactly why I'm confused why people keep dismissing this game just because it's by the God Eater team.

isshak_gravi

Bandai Namco Europe and Australasia Community Manager for Tales, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and One Piece
Currently the teaser video has a PC, PS4, Xbox One tag:

Copy pasting here what I said on Gematsu: silly oversight on my part, forgot to remove the default pre-filled tags that's set for all our uploads. Sorry about that! Stay tuned for when the platforms are ACTUALLY announced!

Copy pasting here what I said on Gematsu: silly oversight on my part, forgot to remove the default pre-filled tags that's set for all our uploads. Sorry about that! Stay tuned for when the platforms are ACTUALLY announced!

and you just put one quarter in the machine again lol

LordKano

Back to square zero. You're giving hope to some people here.

Top Bottom